Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Akira

Re: Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Post by Akira »

Sleepycat wrote:Hanako: she should have an "awakened form" activated through a super, like kaede and kagami shinnosuke in last blade - bakumatsu rouman. In this state her moves are flame enhanced, her personality is reversed and she talks with a creepy voice. Aw, now i see her with reptile like eyes, yelling "USODA!". I love yandere.
For some reason, I'm thinking of Sadako from the original "The Ring" movie... Maybe it's the hair.

As for costumes, could dress Lilly up like The Bride from "Kill Bill", hehe :mrgreen:
corona borealis

Post by corona borealis »

I think it'd be nifty to have the cameoed members of your class pop out as support characters like in marvel vs. capcom. I could totally picture Lelouch popping out using his geass. (and it having no effect on Lilly)
Kuro

Post by Kuro »

The strange thing is, I was actually looking for Katawa Shoujo MUGEN characters earlier.
Some of the ideas in this thread are awesome; I'd love to see Katawa Shoujo Fighter someday.
Shizune is mai waifu, and Hanako is mai... other waifu. Bigamy ftw.
Tsundere Lightning

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Mercutio wrote:first, I gotta say that I think this idea kicks ass, and I hope it actually happens. second, I've played enough fighting games to know that they usually have the taunts they do after winning, and I was trying to think of what they'd be for the KS girls...
I like yours.

May I make some suggestions?

Shizune: "...! ("Thanks for a good match, but I win.")
Misha: "AHAHAHAHAHA~! You're no match for a Student Council member in her prime!"
Shizune & Misha: (Shizune signs it and Misha translates): "You cannot defeat the will of the Council!"
Rin: "Did that have a point? I don't think that had a point. And it was painful. And pointless."
Emi: "Wow, are you out of shape!"
Hanaka: "...I won...? ...I won! Yatta!" (does a V-for-victory)
Lilly: "Remember what happened the next time you resort to violence."
Kenji: "That is the fate of all enemies of Man!" (Pumps fist)
Hisao: (Puts a hand over his heart, listens intently, then nods and removes it) "That was close."
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.

Post by Guest »

Possible stages? While I personally don't expect this fangame to ever get past the brainstorming phase, some of the places in KS would make pretty awesome fighting game stages:

The mural, with pots of paint everywhere. I imagine a jazzy soundtrack, with saxophones.

Rooftop, possibly with the town somewhere in the background. Alternatively the rooftop at night, with fireworks lighting up the summer sky. But I can imagine that being a bitch to actually make.

The Café, because every fighting game needs to have at least one chinese-themed stage. It's THE LAW.

The track course, with some random students in PE uniforms cheering on. Some of them have wheelchairs.

Kenji's fortress of solitude, aka his dorm room. There's propaganda posters, empty ramen cups and diagrams all over the place. Dark, angry rock soundtrack.

Classroom 3.3. Muto is not amused.

Of course, there's bound to be interesting locations we haven't seen yet, this is just a few ideas.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The mural, with pots of paint everywhere. I imagine a jazzy soundtrack, with saxophones.
I'm hearing that jazzy OCRemix of Hydrocity Zone.
Guest wrote:Rooftop, possibly with the town somewhere in the background. Alternatively the rooftop at night, with fireworks lighting up the summer sky. But I can imagine that being a bitch to actually make.
Something fast. Pianos. Lots of piano. Final stage in story mode for a few characters? Two themes and two stages? Night and day?
Guest wrote:The Café, because every fighting game needs to have at least one chinese-themed stage. It's THE LAW.
Whatever the name of the song that's stored as s_extra in that Touhou/Castlevania game. Also, that's a lie and I can think of three off the top of my head that don't.
Guest wrote:The track course, with some random students in PE uniforms cheering on. Some of them have wheelchairs.
Guilty Gear - Conclusion, though less metal, considering the character that would normally show up on this stage.
Guest wrote:Classroom 3.3. Muto is not amused.
Lighthearted piano piece, a few strings in the back. Percussion coming solely from non-drums?

If I weren't so terrible at writing different genres of music I'd probably throw up a few tracks here. Hell, as terrible as I am, I may exudate a song or twoin a month because i am so slow and terrible

Post by Guest »

I've never played a single fighting game in my entire life that didn't have a chinese level (not counting Smash Bros), so you're either more experienced in this genre (which is very likely) or some kind of robot sent here by the chinese-stages-in-videogame conspiracy to fool us. Which is even more likely.

Question: are we sticking to locations that are in the demo and/or are confirmed to be in the final game, or are stages that aren't "canon" but fit anyway fine too (like Kenji's lair)? Cause a cherry-bloom level would be awesome for a lilly stage.
kobe

Post by kobe »

Doing a stage where you need to go from Yamaku to the town (or the other way around) would be nice.

As would be the rooftop, as it was mentioned. Maybe add it so that if you get hit too hard when on the edge of the map, you get thrown off?

Aura mart anyone?

FInal boss: Aura, Crud and Delta team up on you in a final, epic battle?

Just some ideas, don' take me to seriously.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

The final boss is the [shimmietag]rainbow_wizard[/shimmietag]...
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

nah, the final boss should be Iwanko, with her bangs down over her face all "Ring"-like. and she should have a special attack called "Heartbreaker". :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Guest wrote:Possible stages? While I personally don't expect this fangame to ever get past the brainstorming phase, some of the places in KS would make pretty awesome fighting game stages:

Well this 'idea' could actually get off the ground if we found a coder. I say we should use the Mugen Engine, since its the most popular and 'apparently' easiest to work with. Also we need some one who can make a few dozen sprites for each character.
Ninjask

Post by Ninjask »

Snicket wrote:
Guest wrote:Possible stages? While I personally don't expect this fangame to ever get past the brainstorming phase, some of the places in KS would make pretty awesome fighting game stages:

Well this 'idea' could actually get off the ground if we found a coder. I say we should use the Mugen Engine, since its the most popular and 'apparently' easiest to work with. Also we need some one who can make a few dozen sprites for each character.
Kinda Naruto Mugen?

Misha could make some loud ninjutsu.
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

I think a bonus game that plays like Tekken Force would be a great addition.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

U.T. Raptor wrote:The final boss is the [shimmietag]rainbow_wizard[/shimmietag]...
I read that as "pinball wizard." The final boss is now Elton John. Or at least the song Pinball Wizard be incorporated into the game somehow.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

techk8 wrote:
U.T. Raptor wrote:The final boss is the [shimmietag]rainbow_wizard[/shimmietag]...
I read that as "pinball wizard." The final boss is now Elton John. Or at least the song Pinball Wizard be incorporated into the game somehow.
>Not The Who version

Tsk Tsk