Katawa Shoujo Cosplay @ Anime Evolution

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Atashi

Katawa Shoujo Cosplay @ Anime Evolution

Post by Atashi »

I just saw this show up on /cgl/ from 4chan. It's from one of the only three people who ever took a photo of our group cosplay...but I don't know which. We only cosplayed Katawa Shoujo for a few hours during the Saturday afternoon before we had to change costume for the Cosplay Contest. If you have any more photos of the group, please share.

Nope, no clue why there's a Sasuke in the background.

EDIT: Just found a second photo off 4chan.
Duo2Cuo

Re: Katawa Shoujo Cosplay @ Anime Evolution

Post by Duo2Cuo »

I lol'd hard at the narutard
lobo

Post by lobo »

nice it would have been awesome if there was the whole cast in there. i would have love to see lilly
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

I never understood cosplay. It really creeps me out.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I like how the Emi cosplayer was too lazy to try and make her legs look prosthetic-ish. Obviously they weren't going to get them looking like Emi's prosthetics, but they could have at least tried to make them look like a C-Leg or whatever.

edit: also, is it just me or does the nurse start off too lazy to dye his hair and then proceed to dye in the wrong colour?
Last edited by SirMax on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Envy

Post by Envy »

Emi and Kenji seem to be the only ones out of the group that wore clothes that fit and even then Emi has seemingly normal legs, kind of defeating the point in cosplaying the character in the first place.

I mean, come on, Shizune. That shirt does not fit you. You too, Hisao. The seat of your pants is like, around your knees. What the hell?
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Shizune cosplay OMFG!

NOOO! VERY NOOOOOOO!
"...!"
Atashi

Post by Atashi »

SirMax wrote:I like how the Emi cosplayer was too lazy to try and make her legs look prosthetic-ish. Obviously they weren't going to get them looking like Emi's prosthetics, but they could have at least tried to make them look like a C-Leg or whatever.
A little known fact is that Emi switches to realistic prosthetic legs when not in her track suit, like these, hence why they're not C-shaped sticks. The game sprites don't show the characters past the knees, so it's hard to tell.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Atashi wrote:
SirMax wrote:I like how the Emi cosplayer was too lazy to try and make her legs look prosthetic-ish. Obviously they weren't going to get them looking like Emi's prosthetics, but they could have at least tried to make them look like a C-Leg or whatever.
A little known fact is that Emi switches to realistic prosthetic legs when not in her track suit, like these, hence why they're not C-shaped sticks. The game sprites don't show the characters past the knees, so it's hard to tell.
mmm hmm. That's why Hisao mentions Emi's legs looking different, and of course her being so very self concious about her legs would lead to her getting top of the line realistic looking ones. :roll:
Bara

Post by Bara »

SirMax wrote:
Atashi wrote:
mmm hmm. That's why Hisao mentions Emi's legs looking different, and of course her being so very self concious about her legs would lead to her getting top of the line realistic looking ones. :roll:
A woman can never have too many pairs of shoes. If your a double amputee I guess your shoes go farther up your legs. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

SirMax wrote:mmm hmm. That's why Hisao mentions Emi's legs looking different, and of course her being so very self concious about her legs would lead to her getting top of the line realistic looking ones. :roll:
Hisao only mentions how her legs are different when they actually are different, like when she's running or crashes into him. Any other time he meets her he doesn't observe anything about them, which leaves things open to interpretation for now. For all we know she could easily have "top of the line" cosmetic prostheses, as her running ones appear to be.

As to why she might want to have multiple prostheses for various uses, I'll let her tell you herself: (I'm only joking here. I mean, the resemblance is real, real slim. :P )
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/aime ... nning.html
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/aime ... etics.html
abscess

Post by abscess »

Am I the only one who liked the Kenji cosplay? I mean, Shizune looks odd, Hisao looks... faggy, I'm not sure why and Emi, though overall she looks fine, her face just doesn't sell me the idea of her being Emi. I'm not gonna say anything the "magical" color change of the nurse's hair....
I dunno... Maybe I just don't dig cosplaying at all...
And WTF is with the narutard??
Siiiiigh....
Bara

Post by Bara »

abscess wrote:.........
Am I the only one who liked the Kenji cosplay? I mean, Shizune looks odd, Hisao looks... faggy, I'm not sure why and Emi, though overall she looks fine, her face just doesn't sell me the idea of her being Emi. I'm not gonna say anything the "magical" color change of the nurse's hair....
I dunno... Maybe I just don't dig cosplaying at all...
And WTF is with the narutard??
Pretty much hit the nail on the head I would say. The person doing Shizune either needs to get her blouse retailored to allow more arm movement or stop trying to do those poses with the glasses that make it bunch up and pull at the underarm. Points added for knowing Shizunes' glasses pose; points taken away for not realizing the pose was not working. The peson doing Emi is in a well fitted costume and is posing in a bit of an attempt of an Emi pout. She has a passing familiarity with the character and the sprites. Hisao, well the pants that look like he got them from a zoot suit circa 1940 frankly look retarded. The same for the smarmy, narcicisstic look plastered on his mug. Kenji is done well. His costume fits well (thank god he didn't go for the fig leaf! :oops: ). The tie might be off but that is a minor nit pick. If he could get across in his facial expression a bit more brooding, sullen, anger against the feminist conspiracy that would be even better. The Nurse is acceptable; nice touch with the belt buckle, but the main thing the catches the eye is the shaggy mop of hair which is nothing like the sprites. I think his girlfriend made his costume and dressed him to go along with the group. :mrgreen:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Damn, you guys are coming down hard on that group. Excluding the Narutard there, the group looks better than the majority of the cosplayers I saw at Anime Detour two months ago.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Bara

Post by Bara »

Validus Razgriz wrote:Damn, you guys are coming down hard on that group. Excluding the Narutard there, the group looks better than the majority of the cosplayers I saw at Anime Detour two months ago.
It's only because we care so much. :wink:
Folks who cosplay should be doing it for the enjoyment of doing it; not the approval of asses like me on the internet.
All and all I'd give them a "C" grade. There are somethings I'd suggest they do to improve their cosplay, but they can certainly tell me to take my suggestions and blow them out my ear. :mrgreen: