Katawa Shoujo has a category on FanFiction.net

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

zig_works

Katawa Shoujo has a category on FanFiction.net

Post by zig_works »

Hi im Zigworks

i have been reading these fan works over the past week and noticed that some were on fanfiction.net.However there was no real category, so I appied for a catergory for Katawa shoujo and it was approved.

it was put in the anme/manga section as Zack from fanfiction.net support didn't think it was a game, he quoted "The way I see it, it is like an Anime slide show with occasional choices" I wasn't going to argue with him so i told him to put it in a category he thinks is best

it can't be searched due to it's empty however you can add your fan fiction to it then it can be searched
Last edited by zig_works on Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurk moar

Re: Katawa Shoujo has a category on FanFiction.net

Post by lurk moar »

There's a quote from one of the devs on here promising to do something drastic if KS gets a category on FF.net.

Post by Guest »

Oh crap. I know you wanted to be nice, Zigworks, but you just tried to feed wasps by throwing fruit at their hive.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

lurk moar wrote:There's a quote from one of the devs on here promising to do something drastic if KS gets a category on FF.net.
Yep.
Envy wrote:[20:27] <!Delta_Kurshiva> I think I'm going to cry if I see a Katawa Shoujo category on fanfiction.net
You just made Delta cry.

You just made me cry.

I'm going to cry even more if I see fics starting to pop up.

Because I'd be so happy. *cry*
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

静音是买外夫
Kari

Post by Kari »

zig_works wrote: it was put in the anme/manga section as Zack from fanfiction.net support didn't think it was a game, he quoted "The way I see it, it is like an Anime slide show with occasional choices" I wasn't going to argue with him so i told him to put it in a category he thinks is best
Strange, considering that Air, Kanon, and Kana: Imouto are all in the Games section.
Kazukagi

Post by Kazukagi »

Huh, no kidding. Well... I'll have to go back and play the game again to make sure I've got characters down.... but I'm considering adding a story to that section. Thanks for the heads up.
Life and death may be back to back, but they will never face each other. I'll show you, this is what it means to kill something..." -Shiki Tohno
Roxius

Post by Roxius »

zig_works wrote:Hi im Zigworks

i have been reading these fan works over the past week and noticed that some were on fanfiction.net.However there was no real category, so I appied for a catergory for Katawa shoujo and it was approved.

it was put in the anme/manga section as Zack from fanfiction.net support didn't think it was a game, he quoted "The way I see it, it is like an Anime slide show with occasional choices" I wasn't going to argue with him so i told him to put it in a category he thinks is best

it can't be searched due to it's empty however you can add your fan fiction to it then it can be searched

Eh. The same thing happened to me when I requested a category for 'Katawa Shoujo' and I told them to just put it in whatever category just so I could have it there...

...O_________O
You just KNOW there's gonna be a Nurse X Akira X Hanako threesome witnessed by Yuuko at SOME point during the Emi path...in Lilly's room.
toast

Post by toast »

So are Delta's tears tears of joy or tears of "i want to kill myself now because of shitty fanfics"
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
abscess

Post by abscess »

toast wrote:So are Delta's tears tears of joy or tears of "i want to kill myself now because of shitty fanfics"
I'm betting the latter.
Well, bad jokes aside, it's not like every fanfic will be bad, but the most likely thing that's bound to happen is that there will be bad fics outnumbering the good ones. Anyway, there are authors that asked for the category of their works (Anne Rice is one of the, IIRC) to be pulled out of ff.net database. Just thought I'd say that.
Siiiiigh....
Roxius

Post by Roxius »

abscess wrote:
toast wrote:So are Delta's tears tears of joy or tears of "i want to kill myself now because of shitty fanfics"
I'm betting the latter.
Well, bad jokes aside, it's not like every fanfic will be bad, but the most likely thing that's bound to happen is that there will be bad fics outnumbering the good ones. Anyway, there are authors that asked for the category of their works (Anne Rice is one of the, IIRC) to be pulled out of ff.net database. Just thought I'd say that.
Well, there's ALREADY crappy fics on there, so it's too late to do anything about it...
Last edited by Blue123 on Tue May 26, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Nice try. Have a reban.
You just KNOW there's gonna be a Nurse X Akira X Hanako threesome witnessed by Yuuko at SOME point during the Emi path...in Lilly's room.
abscess

Post by abscess »

Roxius wrote:Well, there's ALREADY crappy fics on there, so it's too late to do anything about it...
I can't debate that point, since I've read like two or three only; but ff.net is, as far as I know, the biggest center where fanfiction is published and read at least in the west side. Meaning, if the creators decide that they want fanfiction of their work to be as minimal as possible, telling ff.net to close the category for Katawa Shoujo may be something they should consider. Just because there already is something in there doesn't mean they can't be deleted by moderators and whatnot.

I am only saying that there's that option. I myself have written and published some fan fiction in that site and in other forums, and having KS pulled from their database isn't something I'd particularly agree, but it's their choice.
Siiiiigh....
kyuven

Post by kyuven »

i have a problem with anyone who writes fanfiction for a game that isn't even finished yet, personally.
It's like writing fanfiction about star wars based entirely on the events of A New Hope
Of course I'm the kind of person who likes consistency to a fault...
Plus if I found out there were "popular" fics of stuff I work on, I'd make a special effort to make the fanfic impossible, just to ingrain my "don't assume the author's going to do something, humans and stories CAN be unpredictable" philosophy.
Fanfiction is fine and dandy, IMO, but wait until the work is FINISHED before you start!!!
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

kyuven wrote:i have a problem with anyone who writes fanfiction for a game that isn't even finished yet, personally.
It's like writing fanfiction about star wars based entirely on the events of A New Hope
Plus if I found out there were "popular" fics of stuff I work on, I'd make a special effort to make the fanfic impossible, just to ingrain my "don't assume the author's going to do something, humans and stories CAN be unpredictable" philosophy.
Fanfiction is fine and dandy, IMO, but wait until the work is FINISHED before you start!!!
I don't think the one I wrote would ever be used, much less considered.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

kyuven wrote:i have a problem with anyone who writes fanfiction for a game that isn't even finished yet, personally.
just like no one ever writes fanfiction for ongoing an anime series which are then contradicted by the canon.