Katawa Shoujo has a category on FanFiction.net

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

DuaneMoody

Re: Katawa Shoujo has a category on FanFiction.net

Post by DuaneMoody »

kyuven wrote:Plus if I found out there were "popular" fics of stuff I work on, I'd make a special effort to make the fanfic impossible
I believe the technical term for that is "being a dick."
Bara

Post by Bara »

DuaneMoody wrote:
kyuven wrote:Plus if I found out there were "popular" fics of stuff I work on, I'd make a special effort to make the fanfic impossible
I believe the technical term for that is "being a dick."
Kind of harsh DuaneMoody, but it could be argued that way. Once a writer puts out anything publicly that writting becomes something that can inspire and motivate others. You can't realisticly stop it unless you never write it down.As I see it, the only way you can absolutely prevent someone from "altering" your ideas is to never be a writer but keep your ideas locked up as your personal fantasies inside your head where they can expire with your demise.
The act of recording words implicitly contains the idea that you have a willingness to reach out and communicate to others. Of course there are no guarantees of agreement or understanding. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
WetCrate

Post by WetCrate »

Bara wrote:Kind of harsh DuaneMoody, but it could be argued that way. Once a writer puts out anything publicly that writting becomes something that can inspire and motivate others. You can't realisticly stop it unless you never write it down.As I see it, the only way you can absolutely prevent someone from "altering" your ideas is to never be a writer but keep your ideas locked up as your personal fantasies inside your head where they can expire with your demise.
The act of recording words implicitly contains the idea that you have a willingness to reach out and communicate to others. Of course there are no guarantees of agreement or understanding. :wink:
http://www.harpers.org/archive/2007/02/0081387
<3 for the free exchange of ideas, up to and including outright theft

Yeah, I said it. Wanna fight?
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

WetCrate wrote:http://www.harpers.org/archive/2007/02/0081387

Yeah, I said it. Wanna fight?
No, but I would like to shake Jonathan Letham's hand for cobling together the article you linked. Well quoted, WetCrate. Well quoted, indeed.
Bara

Post by Bara »

WetCrate wrote:http://www.harpers.org/archive/2007/02/0081387
Great link.
WetCrate wrote:Yeah, I said it. Wanna fight?
Shhh, the first rule of Fight Club..... :wink:
Damm, now I think I owe someone in Hollywood some royalties. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Seyren

Post by Seyren »

Wew it's great......
I like all that story
GREAT!!!....
Tsukiyo

Post by Tsukiyo »

I think I'll try to make a roleplay there...
trekki859

Post by trekki859 »

kyuven wrote:i have a problem with anyone who writes fanfiction for a game that isn't even finished yet, personally.
It's like writing fanfiction about star wars based entirely on the events of A New Hope
Of course I'm the kind of person who likes consistency to a fault...
Plus if I found out there were "popular" fics of stuff I work on, I'd make a special effort to make the fanfic impossible, just to ingrain my "don't assume the author's going to do something, humans and stories CAN be unpredictable" philosophy.
Fanfiction is fine and dandy, IMO, but wait until the work is FINISHED before you start!!!
uhmm correct me if im wrong but isisint that the POINT of fanfiction? to alter or continue the story yourself the way you want it?
in the wise words of Jack O'neill ..."what?"
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Oh, god, I'd managed to forget that this FF category existed until now. Thread revival kills my brain.
trekki859

Post by trekki859 »

eh idk ive just been looking around and a link to it was in one of the threads high up on a page looked at it figured id give my 2 cents
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

High up, perhaps, but that's only relatively speaking. Your last 3-4 posts have been reviving months-old threads about which no one cares anymore. Please check thread dates before you post.
trekki859

Post by trekki859 »

well sorry i just figured id give my opion on something i read if its bad ill stop doing it in old posts i dindt know it was a big deal