Katawa Shoujo - corrections hotfix.

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Katawa Shoujo - corrections hotfix.

Post by Silentcook »

Hello.

Back in 2012, right after game release, I and my team were starting to translate KS into Italian. The project took nearly four years, suffered more than a few delays, and unfortunately the translation could not be included in time within version 1.3.1 in June of 2015 as the end of support came and went.
In conjunction to that, the translation script pack was released, allowing anybody to translate Katawa Shoujo into the language of their choice.

We managed to release the Italian patch at the very end of 2015, but in the process of checking and rechecking the translation work I found a handful of small mistakes and typos left over in the original text. I decided not to mention them since they were extremely minor and since “end of support” was supposed to be just that.

Now that the game has changed, I feel comfortable releasing this hotfix to the benefit of whoever is obsessive enough to want it. And maybe I’m also having a bit of a chuckle at everyone’s expense. Please forgive an old fart’s little amusements. :3 Believe me, the text fixes and single continuity mistake are nearly invisible. If you can find them without running a diff on the files, you’re a hero.

This hotfix is “official”, insofar as it has been created by a 4LS team member operating on original game files within his specific sphere of influence. Obviously it won’t be incorporated in the game, unless strange things happen, but there you go. It's probably best to apply it to a fresh install. If it breaks your Anniversary Edition harem Misha route Skyrim mod copy of KS, I don’t want to hear about it.

Enjoy.

Attachments
Katawa Shoujo corrections hotfix.zip
(542.89 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.