Real life Hanako? *now with Hanako cosplay pics*

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

vaen

Re: Real life Hanako? *now with Hanako cosplay pics*

Post by vaen »

Falkentyne wrote:This was the roadblock I ran into when I thought of trying a Kenji cosplay, admittedly inspired by this thread. Why would he risk exposure to the feminist movement via such stupidity as posting pictures of himself on the Internet? Unless he believes there's no girls on the Internet, which for some reason, I wouldn't put past him.
actually I'm sure he'd say there's a correlation with the upcoming of the feminist movement and the internet meaning the internet itself is a feminist ploy to spy on and manipulate men. I'm sure he'd have a thing or two to say about facebook, livejournal and the like. that is if he ever dared to go online in the first place.
flurk

Post by flurk »

whoa guys! we're going off topic here!! isn't this supposed to be about a 3d hanako?

(edited for potential tastelessness)
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Stay on topic...stay on topic......! Stay. On. Topic!!!
I can't hold 'er! Gotta break off, it's all yours, Red 5!
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
stranger

Post by stranger »

Falkentyne wrote:
russianspy1234 wrote:you know the sucky thing about liking hanako best? seeing someone cosplaying as her, especially posting pics of it on the internet, is almost a contradiction. there is no way to truly capture her, since she would be far too shy to post pics of herself on the internet, or to go to a crowded convention.
This was the roadblock I ran into when I thought of trying a Kenji cosplay, admittedly inspired by this thread. Why would he risk exposure to the feminist movement via such stupidity as posting pictures of himself on the Internet? Unless he believes there's no girls on the Internet, which for some reason, I wouldn't put past him.
Both of you are very much overthinking the concept of "cosplay."
EnigmaticThief

Re: Real life Hanako?

Post by EnigmaticThief »

ai-honey wrote:So today I had fun with scar make up. Tissue paper + spirit gum + my Nans copious supply of facepaints = this (sorry no real burning involved ;o;).

Excuse the crappy shirt/bow, it's the nearest thing I had to her clothes in my closet. >.<

T-thank you. F-for hanging out with me. :)

Wow, this is particularly awesome, a-h. Everything from the hair color to the style of shirt all come together to form an image that I generally recognize as Hanako. It's too bad that the shirt is short-sleeved, and therefore you probably couldn't reliably pull off the additional scarring on the back of her right hand. The simulated facial scarring looks alright, but there's something about it that doesn't feel complete. The scarring is all raised up from the surface of the skin, when on the real thing there would probably be areas of subtraction, too. And I think we all know we can't very well ask you to "subtract." I've rambled on, so let me just say that this is awesome again.
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Re: Real life Hanako?

Post by Peorth »

EnigmaticThief wrote:
ai-honey wrote:So today I had fun with scar make up. Tissue paper + spirit gum + my Nans copious supply of facepaints = this (sorry no real burning involved ;o;).

Excuse the crappy shirt/bow, it's the nearest thing I had to her clothes in my closet. >.<

T-thank you. F-for hanging out with me. :)
Wow, this is particularly awesome, a-h. Everything from the hair color to the style of shirt all come together to form an image that I generally recognize as Hanako. It's too bad that the shirt is short-sleeved, and therefore you probably couldn't reliably pull off the additional scarring on the back of her right hand. The simulated facial scarring looks alright, but there's something about it that doesn't feel complete. The scarring is all raised up from the surface of the skin, when on the real thing there would probably be areas of subtraction, too. And I think we all know we can't very well ask you to "subtract." I've rambled on, so let me just say that this is awesome again.
Please don't quote images, thank you~
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
...I?

Post by ...I? »

Climatic wrote:
needs more burns
Agreed my good sir.

!
Siphonata

Post by Siphonata »

I know it's been aeons since ai-honey posted in this thread, but as a Hanako fan, I really do appreciate the existence of this thread, and it'd be something if the woman herself were to do another cosplay.

EDIT: She's still around under a different name, though the likelyhood of her returning to this remains zero.

"Punishment is not the answer. Punishment is easy. It's lazy. Redemption is hard. Redemption makes you work."-Skulduggery Pleasant

Siphonata's One Stop Shop: Entrance Here