Real life Hanako? *now with Hanako cosplay pics*

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Lattyware

Re: Real life Hanako?

Post by Lattyware »

Envy wrote:
Climatic wrote:needs more burns
I agree.

As lovely as it is that you're able to relate to a character and come to terms with your own experiences, I don't exactly think you're on the same level of insecurity as Hanako. When a significant portion of your body is disfigured to the point where it is repulsive and alien in a way that leaves you socially crippled then you claim the title of IRL Hanako.
/me hopes Envy isn't encouraging someone to horribly disfigure themselves.
ai-honey

Post by ai-honey »

Envy wrote: I agree.

As lovely as it is that you're able to relate to a character and come to terms with your own experiences, I don't exactly think you're on the same level of insecurity as Hanako. When a significant portion of your body is disfigured to the point where it is repulsive and alien in a way that leaves you socially crippled then you claim the title of IRL Hanako.
Which is why I said "Not really". :P I agree to an extent; but it isn't the scars themselves that makes her insecure, it's what she thinks about them and what others think and what she thinks they think! You don't need to have massive face burns to be incredibly insecure. Whilst my things were small, at the time they were very big (for me) and that's all I could see.

Lattyware wrote:
/me hopes Envy isn't encouraging someone to horribly disfigure themselves.
Oh I see, it's a trap. D:

I just dyed my hair purple (happy coincidence.. probably won't be the same shade as Hanako's though). Might play around with my Nans facepaints I got out of the attic, they are awesome.
ai-honey

Post by ai-honey »

So today I had fun with scar make up. Tissue paper + spirit gum + my Nans copious supply of facepaints = this (sorry no real burning involved ;o;).

Excuse the crappy shirt/bow, it's the nearest thing I had to her clothes in my closet. >.<

Before scar make up!

Nuu ~~~ :(

Unn..

Umm..

*close up* nyu.

T-thank you. F-for hanging out with me. :)

erisi236

Re: Real life Hanako? *now with Hanako cosplay pics*

Post by erisi236 »

^^^^^^
So Moe I'm going to die!

:)
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Back from work! *Scans thread*
ai-honey wrote:The only comparison I have is that I was bullied quite badly at school and one girl in particular was foul to me. Last year she added me to facebook! She either had no idea how atrocious she was to me, or simply didn't realise how much it affected me. I never added her back but I kept her in my friends request list to remind me. I guess despite the fact I was over the bullying it was still awful to look back on, but now whenever I think about it I think about that and it goes away! Also she is really.. quite unattractive. I guess I never noticed at school, I was too bothered with everyone else thinking I was an ugly weirdo. :<
Hisao wrote:
HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG!!!.jpg
HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG!!!.jpg (14.64 KiB) Viewed 8568 times
I hope that gets my thoughts across adequately.

In keeping with this discussion, I can relate to where you've been Ai. Bullying was a common thing in my life back in junior high. You can learn a lot about school from watching the Discovery channel. The critters that don't travel in packs get devoured, and because I had no skills with which to relate to anybody that made me easy prey. In the end, I learned the only way to survive was to become a chameleon. But High School was very good and the only punks that gave me a hard time were kicked outta school or transferred anyway cause they didn't fit in. I was just glad that by Senior year everyone in my graduating class was like family.

So wherever you're at in life, all I can say is, there are good people who will embrace you Ai, unless you've already found them.

*Update* Holy shit Ai, that is some nice make-up work. Did it take you long?
Imagine me and you...
ai-honey

Post by ai-honey »

erisi236 wrote:^^^^^^
So Moe I'm going to die!

Nyah. ^^
Vertical wrote: I hope that gets my thoughts across adequately.

In keeping with this discussion, I can relate to where you've been Ai. Bullying was a common thing in my life back in junior high. You can learn a lot about school from watching the Discovery channel. The critters that don't travel in packs get devoured, and because I had no skills with which to relate to anybody that made me easy prey. In the end, I learned the only way to survive was to become a chameleon. But High School was very good and the only punks that gave me a hard time were kicked outta school or transferred anyway cause they didn't fit in. I was just glad that by Senior year everyone in my graduating class was like family.

So wherever you're at in life, all I can say is, there are good people who will embrace you Ai, unless you've already found them.

*Update* Holy shit Ai, that is some nice make-up work. Did it take you long?
We don't have junior high so I had to suck it up through all of high school. >.< but yeah, I know a lot of people who have had similar experiences and I'm getting better with people now. I used to hang out with guys mostly because girls were always so horrible. :< It's hard completely trusting girls again.

And I was going to say it didn't take long but then I realised the time! Nearly two hours I guess, but I was trying new things and messing about. I need to try and get it off now. D:
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

lol@make-up maintenance

I have some experience with make-up myself. I used to volunteer for this science and learning center and they had this periodical exhibit rotate into our department involving movie production. Long story short by the end I knew how to make a realistic bruise and an open-cut with delicious (no really) blood (it was corn syrup :P )
Imagine me and you...
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

It had to be done..,

"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

AWESOME! great job, the scars look pretty good too. Hm... perhaps practice a more scared expression? Even in the nervous images you still look a bit too confident.

But yeah, A+ work! Hair is perfect.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Sooooo beautiful...
Nack

Post by Nack »

OHWHATTHE
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

I am going to dream happy dreams tonight.
Imagine me and you...
John Moses Browning

Post by John Moses Browning »

These pictures are clearly not moe enough.
zachlol

Post by zachlol »

why such a long face m8
Jake Fuyou

Post by Jake Fuyou »

Where I come from we call this 3d pig disgusting, but I'll refrain.