Easy to use (in the same vain as RPG Maker) VN Engine?

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Naruzeldamaster

Easy to use (in the same vain as RPG Maker) VN Engine?

Post by Naruzeldamaster »

So, I'm waiting (very patiently) for Visual Novel Maker by degika to create my VN.
I have tried Tyranobuilder: it had 'promise' but the functionality fizzled out thanks to poor documentation and a not very active steam community.
I am considering going all in on RPG maker, but then it would not play like a proper VN. Plus I have another project that would be far more suited to the RPG genre, as it is a deconstruction of JRPG/WRPG as a whole.
I cannot learn to code, what little coding is required to do the simplest tasks in RPG maker and the like are almost my limit.
I need some Visual Novel engines, some alternatives to fall back on.
Cervetz

Re: Easy to use (in the same vain as RPG Maker) VN Engine?

Post by Cervetz »

I've never tried to develop a VN, but I used Novelty just for fun. Basic things are easy to do, I don't know about more "technical" features. I think it doesn't require a lot of coding and, if I remember well, it comes with a sprite editor too (which is good, I guess ahah).
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

This was unnecessarily rude so I removed it
Last edited by BlackWaltzTheThird on Thu May 19, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Downix

Post by Downix »

If you want something more visual, there is the Visual Novel template for Unreal Engine. It is not free, and not worth the $50 it normally is priced at. But it goes on sale regularly for a far lower price. It is easy to expand, and can do things RenPy simply cannot.