Katawa Shoujo - Serbian translation

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

StivKobra

Katawa Shoujo - Serbian translation

Post by StivKobra »

Hi there, new guy here, on a quest for almost impossible and unheard of thing. I have taken it upon myself to try and translate the complete VN into Serbian. As far as I know, there are no visual novels with Serbian translation. It would be a good thing (in my opinion) to have this visual novel be the first one with a translation from this language. I have actually started translating it a few hours ago, made it to 233. line of dialogue. It's actually a lot of fun, to be honest. I dunno, could be a way to promote this visual novel in good old Balkans, right? Anyhow, I don't believe there people on this forum who are interested in translation for this particular language, but I hope that someone will help me out with integrating the actual translation into the game, if I screw up somehow.

Well, what can I say? I will work every day, since I am at a loss of other things to do. Hope everyone's having a good day here. I will upload another topic with the progress of translation when I finish a certain Act or route (as if someone would care).
Mirage_GSM

Re: Katawa Shoujo - Serbian translation

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You've probably already seen this thread (at least if you got the scripts by legal means).
If not it contains a bit of helpful information.
For other technical issues I'll try to answer any questions you have as well as I can, and I think some others will as well.

Can't help you with the actual language though.

And doing this alone is A LOT of work... Wish you all the best.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
StivKobra

Post by StivKobra »

Mirage_GSM wrote:You've probably already seen this thread (at least if you got the scripts by legal means).
If not it contains a bit of helpful information.
For other technical issues I'll try to answer any questions you have as well as I can, and I think some others will as well.

Can't help you with the actual language though.

And doing this alone is A LOT of work... Wish you all the best.
Yep, I did. I downloaded the provided scripts and I intend to follow the rules of publishing them, I don't really want to make money out of it. Thank you in advance, it will definitely take a lot of effort doing it alone, but I think I'll manage somehow. The language itself is not the problem, I just hope that integrating the translated script doesn't cause any problems. Should take a couple of months though. If I have any questions, I will let you know.
StivKobra

Post by StivKobra »

Scripts for Monday (AKA the first day) are finally translated. Damn, it is hard indeed, especially trying to implement the slang and common terminology of the language. Still, no use to give up now.
StivKobra

Post by StivKobra »

Finally made it to work! Now all that's left is a couple of thousand more lines to translate and we are golden!
Attachments
At least Main Menu was easy...
At least Main Menu was easy...
MainMenuSRB.png (322.7 KiB) Viewed 12062 times
Text is working, finally!
Text is working, finally!
InGameSRB.png (747.12 KiB) Viewed 12062 times
Gonna work more on this one, though.
Gonna work more on this one, though.
GameMenuSRB.png (657.93 KiB) Viewed 12062 times
StivKobra

Post by StivKobra »

Finished the Tuesday chapter, finally. It took me longer than expected because I have to get ready for entry exams, but at least it was somewhat fun. Still, Wednesday will be even longer.
StivKobra

Post by StivKobra »

Completely translated the UI as well, had some problems with the special symbols in the Credits, so I ended up not using them. Oh well. Wednesday is going surprisingly smoothly, although there's still a lot more left. I hope it's not a problem that I added myself in Credits under the Thanks category, I've put up ''for translating into Serbian'' in brackets next to the name, since I couldn't figure out how to make a new line for Credits without casing a script error.
StivKobra

Post by StivKobra »

Wednesday is done, had to read through it and others to correct minor errors and rewrite a couple of sentences to sound more natural. My entrance exam is in 3 weeks, Thursday chapter will take a lot of time because of that.
Kochi

Post by Kochi »

All I can think of is this.

REMOVE FEMINIST
StivKobra

Post by StivKobra »

Kochi wrote:All I can think of is this.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/ff2dc2d18d7 ... o1_500.png

REMOVE FEMINIST
Flawless!
StivKobra

Post by StivKobra »

Thursday... done...
StivKobra

Post by StivKobra »

I wont be able to finish Friday and all routes any time soon, I am starting high school in a month (different education system, my middle school was like high school for most of you, I am 19) and I had entrance exam and a lot of moving to do, since the high school I'm going to is in another city. The work will be a lot slower, but I will see to it that it's done!