A Fresh Reading of Katawa Shoujo

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

AgniKai343

A Fresh Reading of Katawa Shoujo

Post by AgniKai343 »

So I just started a reading/let's play of KS on my channel, the first 2 episodes are currently up, with the 3rd soon to be released later tonight. I'll be trying to upload a new episode daily if I can. Give her a watch and let me know what you guys think, and if there's anything I can do to improve. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you all!
Texaboose

Re: A Fresh Reading of Katawa Shoujo

Post by Texaboose »

I remember watching your KS review video a few months ago, and enjoyed not only the review itself, but the editing and presentation of it.
As for your Let's Play - well, first of all good luck. However, I think you may have a challenge keeping viewers interest. Don't take this the wrong way, but you sound kinda flat when reading, and I'm comparing this to your earlier review that I mentioned. Not sure if it's because you were able to rehearse the review and with this you're reading directly, but at least that's my impression.

Of all the readings/LP's of KS, the only one I've actually enjoyed to listen to and watch has been Tyranee - Let's Dub project (link), where different voice-actors were recruited for different roles - and most of them are pretty good ones too. I'm not saying, "Hey, you should get voice actors", but you need some pretty hard hitting aural variety to want someone to watch this versus just reading the VN themselves.

Secondly, and this again is something other Let's Players have had to consider (and granted, none that I've followed have gotten this far): how to handle the H-Scenes. Are they going to be cut out, censored, or separated on a non-Youtube channel for those that do want to watch it? Will censoring disrupt or impact a part of the reading?

Thirdly, are you going on a set route? All of the routes? Not that this is really important, but I know some people want to know what their getting into before committing.

I hope this doesn't put you off continuing the LP, since i know KS means a lot to you.
Currently reading (and being thoroughly depressed by): After the Dream by brythain
Also currently reading (sans depression):
The Benefit of Hindsight by Puncyclopedia
Learning to Fly by Eurobeatjester
Flutter by Sharp-O