Katawa Shoujo - German Patch

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Mirage_GSM

Katawa Shoujo - German Patch

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Greetings from the German translation team!

We are happy to announce that the German version of Katawa Shoujo is finally finished.

After most of the original translation team jumped ship, the project sat at about 40% completion for a long time with very little progress.
Then last summer I was approached by Hikari Translations - a German VN translation group - who offered their help.
And so for the last year the project has been progressing steadily to the point where I feel comfortable releasing it.

You can download the patch at the bottom of this post or at the homepage of Hikari Translations

To get Katawa Shoujo - which of course you have to download and install first - to run in German just do the following:

1. Download the zip-file attached to this post.
2. Copy the files contained therein to the "Game" directory in your Katawa Shoujo folder.
3. Start Katawa Shoujo.
4. In the Main Menu, go to "Options" then "Language selection" and choose "German".
5. Return to the Main Menu and choose "Start."

As other language translations are finished, I will do my best to update this patch to be compatible with them.

And that's it. We hope you enjoy Katawa Shoujo!
Please use this thread for any feedback - and reports of typos that are bound to be still in there. It's harder to catch all of those than all Pokemon :-)

Viele Grüße vom deutschen Übersetzungsteam!

Wir freuen uns, euch mitteilen zu können, dass die deutsche Version von Katawa Shoujo endlich fertig ist.

Nachdem der Großteil der ursprünglichen Übersetzergruppe das Projekt verlassen hatte, stand das Projekt längere Zeit beinahe still. Damals waren ungefähr 40% der Rohübersetzung fertig.
Im letzten Sommer wurde ich dann von Hikari Translations kontaktiert - einer deutschen Übersetzergruppe - die ihre Hilfe anboten.
Und so machte das Projekt im letzten Jahr gute Fortschritte, bis es nun an dem Punkt ist, wo einer Veröffentlichung nichts mehr im Wege steht.

Den Patch könnt ihr entweder am Ende dieses Posts oder auf der Homepage von Hikari Translations herunterladen.

Um Katawa Shoujo - das ihr natürlich zuerst herunterladen und installieren müsst - auf Deutsch zum Laufen zu kriegen, folgt einfach dieser kurzen Anleitung:

1. Ladet das Zip-File im Anhang dieses Posts herunter.
2. Kopiert die darin enthaltenen Dateien in das Verzeichnis "Game" in eurem Katawa Shoujo-Ordner.
3. Startet Katawa Shoujo.
4. Im Hauptmenu wählt ihr "Options" und dann "Language selection". Dann "Deutsch" auswählen.
5. Geht zurück ins Hauptmenu und wählt "Start."

Wenn andere Sprachversionen fertiggestellt werden, werde ich mein Bestes tun, um diesen Patch zu aktualisieren, so dass er mit diesen kompatibel ist.

Und das ist auch schon alles. Wir hoffen, ihr habt Spaß mit Katawa Shoujo!
Bitte benutzt diesen Thread für Feedback jeder Art - und um sicherlich noch vorhandene Fehler zu melden. Es ist schwieriger die alle zu finden als alle Pokemon zu sammeln :-)

UPDATE 2015-09-01: Version 1.1 uploaded
Version 1.1 fixes a few typos and two or three linebleeds. Also the file is now zip instead of rar, which should be easier to handle for Mac-Users.
Attachments
Katawa Shoujo_DE_V1.1.zip
(3 MiB) Downloaded 1489 times
Last edited by Mirage_GSM on Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sasuke2010

Re: Katawa Shoujo - German Patch

Post by Sasuke2010 »

Hey :)

Wie genau funktioniert das beim Mac ?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Ich glaube bei Mac gibt es manchmal Probleme mit dem Dateiformar rar.
Ich habe gerade die neue Version hochgeladen und dieses Mal zip benutzt, das sollten auch Macs verarbeiten können.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Maverick_319

Post by Maverick_319 »

Hey,
Vielen Dank ans ganze Team für eure Arbeit an der Übersetzung.

:wink:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Keine Ursache. Ich werd's weiterleiten. :-)

Sore wa himitsu desu.
PurpleCow

Post by PurpleCow »

wie lange hat es gedauert?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Gut drei Jahre... wobei davon die Hälfte in den letzten neun Monaten passiert ist.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
LeonJet

Post by LeonJet »

Danke an alle die das möglich gemacht haben. Ich finde es einfach wunderbar dieses wunderschöne Spiel in Deutsch spielen zu können. Ich habe es erst vor kurzem gefunden und trotz einiger weniger Tippfehler ist diese Komplettübersetzung wirklich gut gelungen! Vielen vielen Dank! :D
Ideas don't need weapons, if they can convince the masses.
-Fidel Castro
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Vielen Dank für das Lob.
Wenn du uns sagst, wo noch Tippfehler sind, werden wir sie bereinigen.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
ekalz
Offical Translator

Post by ekalz »

Hey there, one of the translators from back then here.
So it doesn't get lost in confusion, here's the new domain and patch link:
https://h1kari.de/projekte/katawa-shoujo/
www.hikari-translations.de
Visual Novel Übersetzungen seit 2014
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'm a bit late, but I now changed the URLs in the OP to the new one.
Thanks!

Sore wa himitsu desu.