Voice acting?

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
Lattyware

Re: Voice acting?

Post by Lattyware »

Otsuko wrote:What about voice acting small things, like reaction noises and the like? "huh?", "Oh!", Sigh...", "Hello!", "HEY THERE!!!"...etc.

I would agree that full voice acting would be stupid, but just little things give the characters a further sense of connection to the player....well, save for Shizune, but to hear her snicker when she does the >B3 face would make my day...

Also, If voice acting is thought about, I would like to voice for Muto, I'm too deep for Kenji or Hisao, and for some reason, I imagine Johnny Young Bash when I read the nurses lines....
Unless there was a *huge* library of these noises, they would get annoying very, very fast.
Otsuko

Post by Otsuko »

Lattyware wrote:
Otsuko wrote:What about voice acting small things, like reaction noises and the like? "huh?", "Oh!", Sigh...", "Hello!", "HEY THERE!!!"...etc.

I would agree that full voice acting would be stupid, but just little things give the characters a further sense of connection to the player....well, save for Shizune, but to hear her snicker when she does the >B3 face would make my day...

Also, If voice acting is thought about, I would like to voice for Muto, I'm too deep for Kenji or Hisao, and for some reason, I imagine Johnny Young Bash when I read the nurses lines....
Unless there was a *huge* library of these noises, they would get annoying very, very fast.
Oh no worries, they wouldn't be played like during every single line. the idea is they are used sparingly. maybe at funny or important parts of the dialogue. But, I do see your point. If that was the case, maybe the option for no voices could be added?
TheShade

Post by TheShade »

i think that a small voice library could really get annoying fast, maybe make 35 diffrent records of the same sound.

and i really think the voices in h-scenes makes a headache all those squealing voices they usually do sound like a pig is getting slaughtered and doesn't give the feeling it should be =\