another artfag wanting to join.

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
haru_niisan

another artfag wanting to join.

Post by haru_niisan »

Well hello there, nice to meet you all.
I've been a big fan of the man who created the picture that this game is being based off of, and was actually thinking of attempting to make it myself, when I found out that somebody was already making it. To say i was quite happy when I found this site, would be a large understatement.

My only skill is drawing, and although I currently have my own project in the works, its not a project that takes up all of my time, so if you need anymore help with art, feel free to use my abilities as you see fit. (assuming that my abilities are high enough quality for you to use)

here are a few of my sketches, and penned drawings for you to look over.

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll31/haruniisan/

My specialty's are, sketching human body structure, character design, style emulation, and mainly line art. my coloring and background sketches are by far my worst area's, I can pen backgrounds fine, but drawing them is one of my major weaknesses. I use Paint Tool Sai for almost all of my work, because they have the smoothest lines, and the most simple, and ergonomic layout, out of all the paint programs i've used. (sai is the program that most official miku art was drawn in btw)

The pictures at the top are newest, and most of whats in there (excluding the first five or so) are at least 3 months old, please tell me what you think.

If you want to see more just ask and i'll upload some more recent work.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: another artfag wanting to join.

Post by Silentcook »

Hello again.

I have practically zero involvement with the art side of things (heck I can barely even be considered staff), so don't take what I'm saying as holy writ, but:
While your portfolio is nice to look at, I'd say sketches of the KS characters are pretty much mandatory as an entry requirement. Better if they're colored as well. Better still if they follow the style samples you can see by checking http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/

Now that I'm done misdirecting you, I'll keep you company while we wait for an actual dev artist to notice your post. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

haru_niisan

Post by haru_niisan »

Thank you for the clarification of what i'm supposed to do. but I'd rather not go through the entire list of posts there just to find what the characters I'm supposed to be drawing are supposed to be based off of.

If you could provide me with a simple picture of each of the girls in there new redesigned forms, and each of there names, that would be helpful.

Sorry if I'm a tad dense, but I can't seem to find any single place to get this info.

as soon as i can find these I'll get to doing a few pics, to try and get the groups current style down.
haru_niisan

Post by haru_niisan »

nvm that, already got it from irc.

thanks ambi
haru_niisan

Post by haru_niisan »

Alright, well here is the latest sketch I've done.

I think The style emulation fits with the current work decently, although I think I still need to get it a bit less detailed, and a bit cuter. But for now its coming along nicely. I'll do a few more after I go shopping.

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll31 ... ketch1.jpg

If you see any problems with it, feel free to let me know. I'll work on penning it in a bit later today.

(Also, this is a scaled down version, so the final will be allot higher res.)
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Huh, cool.

I know artists that are willing/able to work are in short supply, so I think it would be a shame to not let you help.

However, ambi is the guy to speak to, so the ball is really in his court.

Yes, I relaise that I am a couple of days behind here, and hopefully there has already bee na lot of dialouge about this on the channels, but if someone could fill me in, it would eb nice.

Your pictures are nice though.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
haru_niisan

Post by haru_niisan »

Your not really that late, it was only late last night that I joined really. And ya I've talked with him, and he's checking out my work to see if my style will fit in. but I gotta get some sleep soon, so I'll deal with the rest when i wake up at about two in the morning.

Disregard the link to the last pic, I just noticed that the head is too small, and resized it.

So here's the link to the not fucked up pic.

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll31 ... tch1-1.jpg