Interested In Joining.....

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
yujovi

Interested In Joining.....

Post by yujovi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Hello, I'm interested in joining the team. Though.....it really seems like it's a bit late at this point....I didn't notice there was a link to the forum until just now, even though I've been checking the blog religiously every day..... ^^;;

Anyhow, I would be willing to contribute in any way, except original artwork. I've been interested in the visual novel genre since....I don't know how long ago. Last year, I made an experimental short visual novel (without any choices) for my final exam in my American Literature class in high school (But I'm 18 now, so the adult content in Katawa Shoujo is all legal for me.). Here's a link to my work from that:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a
If you would like the original version with music and all, I could upload it somewhere else...

I also worked on the Clannad translation project, not as a translator (since I have absolutely no knowledge of Japanese), but as an editor. I mostly worked on it towards the end, with general flow and grammatical changes.

That's about the extent of my experience. I've pretty much played every translated visual novel currently released in the US (be it commercially translated, or fan-translated), though most of the commercially translated ones seem....lacking in substance. I would love to be involved with making one of the first major English visual novels!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Interested In Joining.....

Post by Aura » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:52 pm

Getting an IRC client and joining our public channel #zettai-shoujou@irc.Rizon.net would be a good step, one forward on the path of joining the project. Also, what exactly do you want to do?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

yujovi

Post by yujovi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 pm

I don't really have any specific plans for what I want to do, just anything to help?
I know that's not terribly specific...
What is there left for an outsider to join in on?

yujovi

Post by yujovi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:08 pm

PS:
I joined the IRC channel.....though I have no idea what to do there.....