Alpha tester application thread

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
anon__

Re: Alpha tester application thread

Post by anon__ »

Ah I came into your irc channel last month waiting to apply for testing and here's my chance! I'll give you roughly 10 hours a day if you need it.
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

Please register your nick before applying please.
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass

Post by Guest »

TcDohl wrote:Please register your nick before applying please.
Sorry, I rushed to get into this as quick as I could!

Forgot to add, I run Windows 2K, XP (mostly), and Vista
anon__

Post by anon__ »

Oh god I broke it again, never used this forum software before
Blinddeafmute5

Post by Blinddeafmute5 »

I'd like to lend my support with the Alpha testing if you'll have me.
I use Windows XP and can devote anywhere from twenty to thirty hours a week. I'm really anal when it comes to spelling and fluidity so I hope I can be be of some assistance.
cool_mat

Post by cool_mat »

I was directed to go here to try out for the beta test, I have all the requirements, (College student, love visual novels, don't take screen shots of any game) and would like to know how I can help. email is point_dude@live.com
Naki

Post by Naki »

If you're still taking positions to alpha/beta/omega test this, I'd like to partake in it.
I'll try and join the IRC channel when I can, I just need to reinstall some programs onto my computer after resetting it to it's normal settings.

I am not a part of the current dev team.
I have no access to the dev board/know wtf is going on dev wise.
I'll be able to notify anyone if I find a bug or any problem that afflicts gameplay; just tell me what to do.
I have around 4-6 hours free time on weekdays, 6-18 hours on weekends; so expect anywhere from 32 to 76 hours played.
I have never leaked an alpha version nor will I ever leak a version of this.

I've always wondered if this would become a game, I'm seen the page with all the girls and information, and google'd "Katawa Shoujo" once every month to see if it was real or not; but now seeing there is a forum for this and it's actually being produced I'd love to help with this in any way possible.

I mostly use Windows Vista 86x.
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

To all those who have responded to the alpha testing call, don't lose hope. What I'm doing right now is staggering peoples' entries according to every new version of the alpha that we squeeze out. So we may come out with a new version of the alpha so keep your eyes on your private message inbox. Until then, do stir up some discussion, or maybe even contribute to our open BG calls.

And please remember, register your nick before applying. I'll ignore your application if you don't register.

MajorNWS

Post by MajorNWS »

I'm totally down to test this out, just let me know what I have to do.

Running an Intel Mac
Not part of any dev team
Don't even know where the dev board is or know anything about it
I'm more than ready to write what I can on any bugs or gameplay stuff you need me to
3-5 hours free on weekdays, 6-10 on weekends
Never leaked an alpha version of anything

Just let me know what else I need to do!
whalbyrd

Post by whalbyrd »

Been getting sick of WoW, alpha-testing a ren-ai game sounds just about right; especially if I don't have to wade through tons of moonspeak with a dictionary and Babelfish.
  • Running WinXP on a C2D E4600, ASUS Commando mobo, Corsair DDR2-800 ram.
  • Not a dev member, haven't even visited the site since the project was first knocked around on 4chan, until now.
  • Not sure what you mean by "instant response to us about a bug, or any overall game problem that one may have", but I can fire off an email or IM any time.
    EDIT: I've got a dual-screen setup going, if need be I'll play in windowed mode with the forum PM page up on the other screen.
  • Aside from school assignments, I've got plenty of time to playtest, I figure about 4-6 hrs a day will be my limit.
  • Tempting as it might be to share it out with friends, I'll be a good boy and keep the alpha to myself.
So, if you're looking for more testers, drop me a line. I'll include my public-facing email in my profile, in case the message forwarding on the forum borks.
Naki

Post by Naki »

I apologize if this post seems out of place, but what after registering in the IRC channel what should I do?
Should I lurk around in the forums to see what is going on or should I continue to stay dormant?
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

We're pretty close to coming up with a new version of the alpha with the previous alpha testers' comments incorporates, so stay frosty. Soon after I announce the new version, I'll start contacting everyone that I'm interested in and come up with a new round of alpha testers.

Konstantin

Post by Konstantin »

I would like to apply for a tester position. I meet all of the requirements and can test on Windows XP, Vista, 2000, Mac OS 9, X, and various Linux Distros.
zant

Post by zant »

I'm not sure if you're still looking for testers. If you are, I have plenty of free time and would like to help.
I have Vista.
Jacen_Solo

Post by Jacen_Solo »

I love the story line :mrgreen:
I have
17+ hours of free time
Windows Vista

I will work hard a diligently