Composer: Hieronymous

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
Hieronymous

Composer: Hieronymous

Post by Hieronymous »

Hey all,

I've been following the progress of this game for quite some time, I've played through the old demo, and I'm encouraged to see the project taking on new life. So I've decided to offer up my services as a composer. I heard in one of these other threads that you were looking for a more classical style, and I do like to think that I have that, but I can also do a bit of an electronic, or even a light pop/rock style as well, similar to Kajiura Yuki in some ways.

Yesterday, I even got an idea, "inspired" by this very game, and developed it. Right now, it's orchestrated for a standard string quartet. I feel like it could use a piano accompaniment, and perhaps some drums or other background effects, but I did only come up with it just yesterday. Also, right now, I don't have any of my other synths, so it's just a MIDI file for the moment. Still, I think this is helpful as an example of my style, a little classical, a little modern, and a little inspired by Hisaishi Joe, since this is a Japanese-themed game.

As a note, if the soundtrack needs to be more Western-classical, I can do it; if it needs to be more Japanese, I can do that too; and, of course, if you need me to shut up and go away, that works as well.

tl;dr - Hey, I write original classical-style music, got space on the team? Attachment very related.
Attachments
katawashoujo.txt
Designed to loop. RENAME TO .mid !!
(7.13 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
Lulz

Re: Composer: Hieronymous

Post by Lulz »

You've got talent. It's one of the better pieces of classical-based music I've heard all week.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

No comment.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I had a listen and a play, and it soudns nice.

I like jamming brass in where it doesn't belong, and it didn't sound too bad.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Hieronymous

Post by Hieronymous »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:No comment.
Hm. Would that be the signal for me to shut up, then? :|
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

Hieronymous wrote:Hm. Would that be the signal for me to shut up, then? :|
Nope. You listen to everyone but him.

Anyway, I had some trouble with the file. Can you render it into .mp3 or .ogg?
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I should have anticipated this... and I did:

http://www.sonozaki-mion.com/k-s/hierononymous.flac

5 minutes with Halion.

I do need to buy bettar string samples.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

TcDohl wrote:Nope. You listen to everyone but him.
wtf :( ?
silentkyon

Post by silentkyon »

NIcol, I figure he said that because you put a post saying 'no comment.' That's childish. If you like the piece, say it. if you don't like the piece, then say it. If you have no comments, then don't even post. This guy is trying to get onto the music team, and you are the music guy, so give your opinion and stop acting like a kid. Otherwise no one will want to listen to you.
Lulz

Post by Lulz »

Kyon, I think he already knows.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
silentkyon

Post by silentkyon »

Lulz, I'm not going to start an argument or discussion on this board, but i'd like to know how you think 'he already knows.' he never posted a real comment after his 'no comment' post, and after he was told to be ignored he posts going 'wtf?' that question doesn't sound to me like he knows anything.

Maybe someone in irc told him, but since i don't know i'm finally posting something. After seeing some of his comments to ang001 and this guy, i'm getting a bit annoyed. We need to be honest and straight forward with people who want to work on the game. And even offer some constructive criticism to get them in the right direction. If we don't need them, we need to tell them.

I know i'd be annoyed if i didn't get a straight answer from anyone and i'd have to continually wait to find out if i could start helping (took ang001 about 2 months to finally get a chance, from what i see on the posts).

Nicol, if i'm not mistaken you are the head music guy. So give some proper feedback, man.

And Hieronymous, I think it sounded decent. I guess it's a midi so it sounded kind of low quality, but I'll let the people who are in charge and know about music give you some proper feedback. I'm just the art guy, so i probably won't be able to give you any good critiques lol.

Lulz if you want to keep talking about it you can pm me so we won't be spamming this guys post.
Lulz

Post by Lulz »

He posts his opinions mostly on IRC when either I, someone else link him up or he himself reads the forums.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

KEIKAKU DOORI
Hieronymous

Post by Hieronymous »

Good heavens. I didn't mean to start a spat going :P

Thanks for the comments, and the render with Halion; as bad as you say those string samples are, they're better than what little I can afford on my budget...

Ah well. I guess I'll go lurk moar on IRC.
ukshadow

Post by ukshadow »

It sounds like some sort of ending theme?

I guess I'm not really good at this.