Artist: silentkyon

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
TcDohl

Re: Artist: silentkyon

Post by TcDohl »

Oh lawd, two artists on drugs.

We already know what drugs do to Hisao, and his... ability. Don't do drugs, k?

NO HINAMIZAWA
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Yeah, it seems that it is most likely my fault.

Ghabis/Darkclaw, the Typesetter from WinD, recently imformed us that the reason he had been absent for a month was that he was the 7th person to be invovled in a car accident from one of the groups I'm involved with.

Must run again, it seems that as soon as I sit down today I get paged or called....

Woot...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Lulz

Post by Lulz »

Yay car crashes. Speaking of which, there was a car crash near where I crossed yesterday. Looks like it was a close call on me.

Anyways, if kyon's gonna be the main assistant for Syu, I could be his assistant lol. We're all basing this on skill levels after alls. :3
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
frumplstlskn

Post by frumplstlskn »

Lulz wrote:Yay car crashes. Speaking of which, there was a car crash near where I crossed yesterday. Looks like it was a close call on me.

Anyways, if kyon's gonna be the main assistant for Syu, I could be his assistant lol. We're all basing this on skill levels after alls. :3
No. We want the art to be passed through as few hands as possible. It's the same principle as the telephone game. By the time the phrase gets passed around, it's nothing like it should be.
Envy

Post by Envy »

frumplstlskn wrote:
Lulz wrote:Yay car crashes. Speaking of which, there was a car crash near where I crossed yesterday. Looks like it was a close call on me.

No. We want the art to be passed through as few hands as possible. It's the same principle as the telephone game. By the time the phrase gets passed around, it's nothing like it should be.
Purple monkey dishwasher artwork might be fun.

Even though I agree with you in this case passing artwork through several people isn`t so uncommon, plenty of mangaka hire aspiring underlings to do the boring bits of artwork. It`s not like two people working on the same artwork share the work load by drawing half a face each and putting the two together. If one can colour, or do any specific job that I can`t really think of right now, better than the other then it stands to reason that the better of the two should do it.
frumplstlskn

Post by frumplstlskn »

Envy wrote:
frumplstlskn wrote:

Purple monkey dishwasher artwork might be fun.

Even though I agree with you in this case passing artwork through several people isn`t so uncommon, plenty of mangaka hire aspiring underlings to do the boring bits of artwork. It`s not like two people working on the same artwork share the work load by drawing half a face each and putting the two together. If one can colour, or do any specific job that I can`t really think of right now, better than the other then it stands to reason that the better of the two should do it.
Yeah, I was talking about this case. I already knew the rest of what you said.
Lulz

Post by Lulz »

In that case, I'll stick to drawing lewd fanart. :roll:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
silentkyon

Post by silentkyon »

Well I'm off the drugs now and recovery is going good. I had a talk with Oyashiro-sama and we worked things out (she's actually pretty nice....cute too). I think my weak points are definitely hair and eyes. I would continue making excuses to defend myself or try to explain things, but I'm tired. Let me know what you guys think and we can go from there.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj277/silentkyon/

password is the same as syu-san's project folder. I thought it would be easier if i stayed consistent.

Hmm thought about it. I might as well post individual links too.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj27 ... koinks.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj27 ... ogress.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj27 ... colors.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj27 ... tetest.jpg
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

I like it.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I think you have done her a great service....
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Celiest

Post by Celiest »

Looks absolutely fantastic! I especially love the attention to detail, like the fabric wrinkles in the underwear and so on.

As a fellow (but not as good!) artist, I have a couple suggestions with the hair and eyes. As you say, they do seem a little weaker in comparison to your awesome skin and cloth colouring skills.

Hair - More highlights, to bring out shine and dimension in the hair. So some subtle lights within the length of her hair. I think one technique that looks pretty nice is the bright shine line that you've used in the sprite sample, but maybe curve it around the overall hair shape more?

Eyes: I think they need more depth, and to do that maybe use some darker tones in the shading, and perhaps some brighter lights within the pupil itself? The little highlight spots look good though!

Hope that's able to help, maybe. Don't get me wrong of course, I think you've done a really really wonderful job on the sketch! And I also have to say that your inking is GORGEOUS. I really like the line width variation!
Envy

Post by Envy »

That`s pretty fuckin` good.

I`m no artist but I think the hair and eyes are fine. How you work them over is down to your own artstyle, rather than proficiently, if that makes any sense. What I mean is, they`re fine as they are. Though, as Celiest said, you might want to try some highlights on the hair. If it doesn`t work then it`s no big problem.

Only thing I have a problem with is possibly the depth of colour used on the shading of the shirt. I`d say make the blue somewhat lighter because as it is her shirt looks almost wet. Not what you were going for I`m guessing.

Overall, very nice.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Holy shit, that looks excellent to me.

Maybe a little work on the eyes to make them look less flat, but that's all I could think of. Marvelous.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

I LOVE YOU MAN.
frumplstlskn

Post by frumplstlskn »

Yeah, the inking looks pretty good to me.