Musician: aang001

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
Music for the game

Musician: aang001

Post by Music for the game »

Hello Dev team,

I'm interested in joining the dev team and working on your game's MUSIC OST. I'm a fellow game designer and love making music which I don't believe you have yet. So if the position is open, I would like to fill it. I have to post some of my newer work and it should be up in 15 mins, but you can listen to some of my music through these 2 links.

http://myspace.com/gyftidmyztik

http://dark-kage.com/

for the second link just go through it all or just the music sections. Either way its all my work. Just hit me up and let me know. Ill create original music for it.
frumplstlskn

Re: I'd Like to Join

Post by frumplstlskn »

I dig your music, but I don't get to decide who's in or who's out. We do already have someone making music, btw.
aang001

Post by aang001 »

ok my new tracks are up now. Please revist the myspace.com/gyftidmyztik page. I apparently wasnt logged in or something... The one who posted on the games OST. Well if you have room for another music guy/ SFX artist then let me know. Or is there a way to find out?
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

aang001, I am currently the other artist. I was actually hoping someone else would come along.

We could use another artist, and an SFX artist seems like a pretty handy kind of guy to have around. I don't make these decisions, though, Aura-, Crud or TcDohl should be able to help you a bit more.

As a side note, I actually tried phoning you via the number listed on your site. I was directed to an operator, saying that the number was incorrect. So, what is your REAL number?
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

I really like your electronica+urban fusion that you've got going from your stuff. It's really cool and sounds straight out of Persona 2 or 3. But in this game, we're trying more for a classical vibe, with inspirations taken from more famous Japanese musical score composers like Joe Hisaishi.
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
aang001

Post by aang001 »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:aang001, I am currently the other artist. I was actually hoping someone else would come along.

We could use another artist, and an SFX artist seems like a pretty handy kind of guy to have around. I don't make these decisions, though, Aura-, Crud or TcDohl should be able to help you a bit more.

As a side note, I actually tried phoning you via the number listed on your site. I was directed to an operator, saying that the number was incorrect. So, what is your REAL number?

yeah sorry. I just disconnected that today. Sprint finally got on my nerves enough. I plan to get another provider this weekend or by this week. If you have msn messenger try adding narutoisno1@hotmail.com and hit me up on that. Thanks for reminding me!
aang001

Post by aang001 »

Ah the Ghibli artist! Love the music. I have done that as well though I dont think I can find an example I did right off the back... Interesting thing to say about Persona 3. I have been playing that lately. The 2 new tracks I posted where done a month ago I believe. I've been working on a horror game at the moment and that's where the "graveyard" theme sort of falls in from. The majority of my recent stuff isn't online yet.
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

Let's hear some samples then
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Whilst TC has a point on our "classical" aim, I'd like to make a couple of points.

Firslty, the game is becoming a lot borader than we imagined when we were thinking about scoring and the like. Whilst classical stuff is still relevant for Lilly and so forth, I think there's scope to explore other things as well.

Another thing to remember is someof the neo-electro-classic type stuff, like Yoko Kanno or that Austrlian Composer (I wish I could remember his name; I worked on his gig a couple of months ago).

But I think nicol is right; there's still a lot of space in the music team.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
aang001

Post by aang001 »

I love Yoko Kanno's work! I made a few good track based on her work. We'll Ill see what I come up with and if there is room and you like my work, I'll be here.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Generally speaking, I certainly wouldn't mind another composer to complement Nicol. The style difference may be a thing to consider but then again, we are not exactly aiming for the least common factor in writing or in art either.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

As I just mentioned in the IRC channel, I'd like to hear you compose something *specifically* for the project, just to see if you can "do it", for want of a better phrase.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the heavy bass type stuff, but I can think of times that it might come in handy.

Offhand, I can't think of any particular scene that we need scored that might be a suitable "test", however let's go for something generic, and have you whip up a ditty along the lines of Emi at the athletics carnival type thing.

If that's not up your alley, then feel free to do something else, but at least inform us of the specific character/situation that you wrote it for.

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
aang001

Re: Musician: aang001

Post by aang001 »

Sorry I havent been on for a while, but, Ive been doing some much needed overtime at my job. I did however start making some music for the game , but it was only 1 track so far so I will post later this week. I plan on doing some serious work on it this week so you will get a real update from me later. I havent been on in a while so I thought Id check in so you know I didnt forget about you.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Oh, just another point whilst I'm thinking of it; I use a lot of pro-level software for music creation, so if you're just rendering MIDIs off standard synths, I might be able to lend a hand.

PM me if you need to know more.

------
aang001

Post by aang001 »

I just posted 2 tracks that be be used for the game. The first is

"Seduction".

The Idea is as the song states. The situation I imagined for this song, would be if you finally got close to one of the girls you went after and the situation suddenly heats up. She moves in closer to you and you briefly have a small panic attack or feeling of nervousness. You realize she wants you by her body movements as she closes in on you. Lust and passion fill the air and one thing leads to the other...

It was stated that you guys would have an open mind to different music styles so I thought I'd do my take on a "Love scene" by setting the mood.

The second is a song called

"Move your body"

The Idea is as the song states. The situation I imagined for this song is that you might go out dancing or having a party and this would be the music playing. To get you in the groove if you will. I imagined different situations having different style music so I'd thought I'd have some fun with it. I will also make Joe's and Yoko's style music as well and see how you like them. I did make a Yoko styled song, but I didn't think it was worthy enough to have you hear. It was good, but I felt it didn't move me enough to express what I wanted out of it. Those two are the next ones I will work on...I think. LOL! Here's the link to the tracks:

http://www.myspace.com/gyftidmyztik