EvilDragon: better piano tracks!

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
Warwick

Re: EvilDragon: better piano tracks!

Post by Warwick »

Niiice...
静音是买外夫
Kota

Post by Kota »

I swear, one day I'll figure out all this music stuff. Then I'll be able to make stuff that sounds nice, even if it takes forever.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Zorg

Post by Zorg »

EvilDragon wrote:F. Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody
Words can't describe how much I'm moved now :cry:

also, they all sound nice indeed. only thing i noticed is that there's a hissing sound in Ea.

Edit: no, i mean there's another hissing sound. I don't mean the pad, i can hear that aswell.
Last edited by Zorg on Thu May 14, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Zorg> Then he has sey with you
<Axiomatic> HAVE SOY WITH ME, KENJI
<Pato2747> I'm tempted to say "YEAH EVERY DAY I FEEL LIKE I'M EMI SO I CHOPPED OFF MY LEGS"
Hungarian tl. progress: progressing again circa 2013 TWO YEARS LATER... but still planned.
2019 update: TL DEAD since a few years, possibly will never happen.
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

That hissing sound is part of the synth pad :)
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Hungarian Rhapsody - A pleasantly enjoyable rendition. Did you increase the tempo?

Mayflower - A pretty sequence piece. Would fit into a scene where conflicts arose or Hisao was forced to confront someone he hurt or wanted to help. Not sure if that's what you were conveying, though I read the synopsis, but it was a thoughtful composition.

Ea - This one seems perfectly suited for a scene with danger or trauma.
Imagine me and you...
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

No, I even slowed down the tempo of Hungarian Rhapsody because it's too hard to do those fast trills in real tempo, even after 16 years of playing the piano ^^'

And thanks for the other comments too :)
Hellsing_lover

Post by Hellsing_lover »

Oh, your's skills are really impressive (although I only know how to play violin and I don't know quite much about pianos :wink:) Anyway, yes, those real classical melodies would be way more greater than synthetical tunes.

P.S. I really love how you played Rhapsody. F.Listz compositions are always amaizing and as I know really difficult to play.
To live is to find your own meaning to live.
LT: UI-string: - Monday: 50% Tuesday: 15% Thursday: - Wednesday: - Friday: - Saturday: -
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Zorg wrote:Edit: no, i mean there's another hissing sound. I don't mean the pad, i can hear that aswell.
I must say I don't know what you mean :/ I listened several times through some pro headphones (Sennheiser), and haven't noticed any hiss :/ If it's only in the left channel the whole time, that's the pad. I don't notice any other hiss, and I'm not really deaf, dunno, might be your speakers/soundcard/something (please don't get insulted, I know you're also into music and composing, so you probably have good equipment, but...). Might also be those windchimes that are pitch-shifting, those are in high freq range.

¯\_(°_o)_/¯
Last edited by EvilDragon on Sun May 17, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TKPsycho

Post by TKPsycho »

I shall blame thermal noise and be done with it.
Zorg

Post by Zorg »

I shall accept the blamage on thermal noise, also maybe the headphone's cable isn't shielded properly somewhere...
anyway the track is good.
<Zorg> Then he has sey with you
<Axiomatic> HAVE SOY WITH ME, KENJI
<Pato2747> I'm tempted to say "YEAH EVERY DAY I FEEL LIKE I'M EMI SO I CHOPPED OFF MY LEGS"
Hungarian tl. progress: progressing again circa 2013 TWO YEARS LATER... but still planned.
2019 update: TL DEAD since a few years, possibly will never happen.
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Raide wrote:There are stuffs I can read here, but no piece of music I can listen to.

Show us why our piano tracks are inferior and yours sound better by uploading samples of your work. You can't evaluate on the basis of written argument alone.

Did it. Now waiting for dev's response ^_^'