Programmer App

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
quantum

Programmer App

Post by quantum »

Hey everyone, I saw the demo floating around a couple sites I go to so I played it and I think it's really well made so far. As you can see by the title I'm applying to help with the programming. The languages I use the most are C++ and C#, but I also know a little bit of Java. I'll be happy to help in any way, from work on something small to a major part of the game. I hope I can be part of the team!
Lattyware

Re: Programmer App

Post by Lattyware »

First of all, I'm not a team member, so this is completely unofficial.

From what I gather, they don't need any programmers above and beyond who they have now, not to mention, the entire game is written in Python using Ren'Py, so, although C++ modules could in theory be written and pulled in, it'd take ages, add extra complexity one wouldn't want, and cause cross-platoform-compatability issues.

I say this, as I'm in pretty much the same boat (except for the fact I do write a lot of python) as a programmer.
ClckwrkLoyale

Re: Programmer App

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

Lattyware wrote:First of all, I'm not a team member, so this is completely unofficial.

From what I gather, they don't need any programmers above and beyond who they have now, not to mention, the entire game is written in Python using Ren'Py, so, although C++ modules could in theory be written and pulled in, it'd take ages, add extra complexity one wouldn't want, and cause cross-platoform-compatability issues.

I say this, as I'm in pretty much the same boat (except for the fact I do write a lot of python) as a programmer.

Unfortunately, I have to say that what this man says is true.
“If I would be in the company of priests in heaven, I would rather go to hell,”