Proofreaders/Editors

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Proofreaders/Editors

Post by cpl_crud »

Hello all.

To combat the Devs posting "We aren't looking for testers at this time" a thousand times over, I'd like anyone thinking of applying for the positions of Editors/Proofreaders to read the following (including if you posted in the last 48 hours):

As you may expect, we are quite protective of our script. For this reason the proofreading team is limited to the people that we know we can trust.

This trust is usualy built up by hanging around on the IRC channel. I realise that is bad news for a lot of you that don't use IRC, but quite honestly, it's the best way to get to know the dev team, and for us to come to trust you.

As we are only now starting our post-production writing on the remainder of the game, there will be no immediate need for proofreaders for at least a number of months.

However, this does mean that there is some need for editors.
Once again, we will not be recruiting editors based on the fact that you can make a convincing post about how you were the secret to Stephen King's success, but on trust.
The best example of this is SilentCook, who came onto the forums and just started posting in the Fan Works forum ( http://ks.renai.us/viewforum.php?f=3 ). From reading his repeated works, and after talking to him in the IRC channel, we grew to trust him and made him one of our editors (he also did the Italian translation... ).

Currently there are simply too many threads here for us to adequately judge anyone's capability, let alone recruit anyone. If you truly are interested in joining then I strongly suggest that you become as active as possible both on the Fan Works forum and also on the IRC channel.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Nosson

Re: Proofreaders/Editors

Post by Nosson »

Couple of months hey? Sounds like enough time to get you all to absolutely worship me.
ClckwrkLoyale

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

Nosson wrote:Couple of months hey? Sounds like enough time to get you all to absolutely worship me.
Sugoi monogatari Aniki!
“If I would be in the company of priests in heaven, I would rather go to hell,”
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

ClckwrkLoyale wrote:
Nosson wrote:Couple of months hey? Sounds like enough time to get you all to absolutely worship me.
Sugoi monogatari Aniki!
"Great story bro!"
Yay! I understood that, looks like my self teaching of Japanese is starting to pay off.

Also sorry for massively taking this thread off topic everyone:(
ChaosEngine

Post by ChaosEngine »

I guess I feel like I should touch on this one. I just recently registered on the forums and became active in the IRC channel, and I would like to contribute whatever I can to help this project out. I'm really enthusiastic about Katawa Shoujo, especially after the recent Act I release. I won't bother to bog you down and brag in a resume-esque way, but I merely wanted to express interest in helping with proofreading, or wherever else the need might arise in the coming months.

Talk to you all on the channel!
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

Hi,
I just joined the forum after playing the game yesterday and I'm really interested in Proofreading and/or editing for you. I guess I'll see you on the IRC :D
Tualha

Post by Tualha »

Where's the best place to post casual editing/proofreading-type comments? And what kind of details would be needed to specify where they occur?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The feedback thread on public forum, and the full line typed out is all that's needed to identify, maybe scene name for good measure. The only line in game that replicates itself a lot is Shizune's "..."
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Tualha

Post by Tualha »

Sigh. I've tried IRC, and there are usually way too many conversations going on at once for me to follow. Doubt I'll be posting in Fan Works, I'm not creative much, except for puns.

So...I'll keep posting things I see in the feedback thread. And restrict my editing and proofing to my day job. And tell you about the errors in the full game after it comes out. Not the order I prefer, but that's life.