Translation in Lithuanian

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
Hellsing_lover

Translation in Lithuanian

Post by Hellsing_lover »

Hello everyone,
First, I want to thank you for creating and realasing such a great game.
About myself: I'm from one of Lithuania fansubers group called "AZsubs" and I have enough experience in translating various anime. I'm quite a fan of Visual Novels, but I have never tried translating one of them because not all lithuanian chars are supported.
Right now I'm analysing how Ren'Py works. Most of our team are interesting in translating something different than anime.
And if you would agree with that, I would like to ask more about VN translation and such.
Sincerely yours,
Sida
To live is to find your own meaning to live.
LT: UI-string: - Monday: 50% Tuesday: 15% Thursday: - Wednesday: - Friday: - Saturday: -
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: Translation in Lithuanian

Post by cpl_crud »

I'm not entirely sure if ren'py can handle the characters you require, but delta and py'tom can answer that for you.

As for the translation, Delta has already made provisions for alternative languages.

It should really be a matter of us giving you limited access to the script, and then you sending the translated version back to us.

Send me a PM or come to the irc channel ( #katawa-shoujo @ irc.irchighway.net ) and we can work out the details.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

For the record crud: ren'py should be able to handle anything that resembles the latin alphabet or is used with it, and then some.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Hellsing_lover

Post by Hellsing_lover »

Aura wrote:For the record crud: ren'py should be able to handle anything that resembles the latin alphabet or is used with it, and then some.
Yes, I have already tested it, translating a few sentenses of Ren'Py demo game and everything was fine :)
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

It's not a problem of Ren'Py (which has full UTF-8 support), but of fonts (which almost always don't)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

But you can always use some faggy generic font that has~
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Hellsing_lover

Post by Hellsing_lover »

Yes, about fonts I have already wrote to cpl_crud. If fonts won't have lt chars included, we'll simply modify them :)