Katawa DLCs

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Valjean Lafitte

Re: Katawa DLCs

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Umber wrote:I would pay for anything that I normally wouldn't be able to receive in fan fiction. So, pretty much a Miki route.
I'd pay for anything, period. Fan fiction and visual novels are completely different storytelling mediums; no matter how good a fanfic is it can't scratch the same itch, in my opinion, that an equally good visual novel can.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

TerrorOfTheHighSeas wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Three words.
More than three words.
That'd do pretty awesome... for a Katawa Shoujo DLC in Hotline Miami :P

I was thinking more an alternate route from the, also available, Akira route. She takes you in to the Yakuza, you wind up doing a metric fuckton of drugs and you go fuck up some rival mobsters :lol:
Think of it as a Yandere alternative for her original route, for those into that shiet ;)

"Do you like hurting people, Hisao? Because I do~"

----
----

Other ideas I came up with whilst zipping about on my forklift...

Katawa Shoujo: Vietnam
With some tweaks to the script and a complete visual overhaul, enjoy your favourite Cripple Fucking Simulator again, but for the first time in the midst of the Vietnam War!
  • Same story, different setting!
  • All new soundtrack influenced by the late 60s/early 70s!
  • Why, you ask? Why not!
  • "Forrest, why'd this happen t'me?"
Britbong Voice Pack
Enjoy your favourite Disabled Romance, but now with a whole range of silly accents from around the British Isles!
  • Emi the Scouser
    Nothing says love like a voice that sounds like she's going to mug you for 20p with a butterknife!
  • Rin the Brummie
    For a girl as confusing and as dull as Rin, it's only fair we match the voice!
  • Welsh Hanako
    Because the Welsh language sounds like a heavy stutter anyway ;)
  • Lilly the Scot
    What else were you expecting?
  • Shizune and Misha, the Cockney Gangsters
    Because Snatch is my favourite film. Shush.
Random Events DLC
What's that? You're expecting this scripted piece of visual literature to be completely and totally linear?
THINK AGAIN, DICKSHIT!
  • Randomly encounter Kenji's anti-feminist shenanigans!
  • Is the Girl's bathroom Haunted? You tell me!
  • Student council duty crops up at the worst times!
  • Shit man, this character just died. Woah.
  • Taro challenges you to a Burrito eating contest!
  • And many more scenarios that could happen anytime!
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Here's a serious one that I don't think has been mentioned yet... how about more scenes being redone in full animation?

I'd probably do something not super nice if it meant seeing Emi's track meet in fluid motion, for instance.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Like others said well done epilogues for all the girls that isint super short would be nice to have. Other then that routes for Miki, Suzu, Naomi, Natsume and Misha.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Munchenhausen wrote: Britbong Voice Pack
Enjoy your favourite Disabled Romance, but now with a whole range of silly accents from around the British Isles!
  • Rin the Brummie
    For a girl as confusing and as dull as Rin, it's only fair we match the voice!
  • Welsh Hanako
    Because the Welsh language sounds like a heavy stutter anyway ;)
Considering my name is Rhodri Thomas Davies, I can't be more Welsh if I tried* and my dear Mum is a Brummie, born and breed in the shadow of Villa Park...and I can't decide if I should laugh or be offended! :lol:
* I can't speak, read or write Welsh

Anyway, my contribution.

Hard Metal Remix
Ever felt that Aria de l'Etoile was missing that certain sound? Well now the masterpiece that is the Katawa Shoujo soundtrack has been given a timely update by AC/DC!

Achievement Pack
Now play Katawa Shoujo with Steam Achievements! This extensive list was taken from the famed 'Achievements Thread' of the official KS forums! Do you have what it takes to reach 100%? If so, may God have mercy on your soul...you sick, sick fuck.

Michael Rosen Voice Pack
Play the game with narration provided by audio splices of Britain’s former Children's Laureate most popular readings, as seen here!

Shonen Routes
Fangirls rejoice, for love at Yamaku Academy now has no bounds! Play Katawa Shoujo's 5 new paths where Hisao can now fall in love with his male schoolmates and associates!
  • Kenta
    Learn the secrets of the Track Shed with the mysterious Captain of the Track Team!
  • Takashi
    Whisper sweet nothings through the night on the sofa of the male dorm's common room!
  • Akio
    Love may be fragile, but it is truly unbreakable!
  • Taro
    A Home cooked lunch made by the boy with the weak arm? Why would he go to such effort?
  • Hideaki
    Chase the most forbidden of fruit: the little brother of the Student Council President
Last edited by Rhodri on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

SpunkySix wrote:...how about more scenes being redone in full animation?

I'd probably do something not super nice if it meant seeing Emi's track shed meet in fluid motion, for instance.
:wink:
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Munchenhausen wrote:Random Events DLC
What's that? You're expecting this scripted piece of visual literature to be completely and totally linear?
THINK AGAIN, DICKSHIT!
  • Randomly encounter Kenji's anti-feminist shenanigans!
  • Is the Girl's bathroom Haunted? You tell me!
  • Student council duty crops up at the worst times!
  • Shit man, this character just died. Woah.
  • Taro challenges you to a Burrito eating contest!
  • And many more scenarios that could happen anytime!
I'd pay for that...

Also playable festival minigames, with various aspects of them opening different branches in the stories. Hisao surprises Shizune on her route with some horrible oversized pink fluffy thing won in a festival game and she reads too much into the prize choice and steadily starts imitating Misha's hair and personality in a misguided attempt to suit what she believes to be Hisao's preference. This confuses and disturbs Misha enough to cause her eventually to confront Shizune about everything, they make up yuri-style and Hisao dies lonely and friendless in the gutterends the route romantically alone but still on friendly terms with the new lesbian couple. Also Shizune steps down as council leader (though not officially entirely off the council) to free up time for Misha so Hisao takes over and act four consists in part of rebuilding and stabilizing the student council while on the side helping Mishzune deal with the inevitable prejudice of their homosexual relationship.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

300BillionDegrees wrote:

I'd probably do something not super nice if it meant seeing Emi's track shed meet in fluid motion, for instance.
Heh...

I actually considered that, but out of all of the scenes available, I don't think I'd want to see it unless the other ones were done first. For one, Emi doesn't like it much. That, plus the fact that she has Hisao's dong inside of her for a good portion of the scene makes me want something a little nicer.

Basically, I'd much, much rather see a full motion Emi "at her Emiest" than a full motion Emi, "looking uncomfortable with some other guy's erect penis rammed in her anus" y'know?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I'll just leave this here.

Also reminding you of the shit we wouldn't countenance.
Aura wrote:As a final desperation move we turned to our resident expert in lowest common denominator, climatic. He suggested we should do a fandisk for KS that amends the lack of certain "fundamentals" in the original game. This would be appealing to the widest audience. The concept involved things like a beach event, a pool event, a hot springs event, Shanghai turned into a maid cafe, catgirls, doggirls, foxgirls, bunnygirls, sheepgirls, a cute but a bit tsundere little sister character, a perverted otaku best friend character, a stalker character, a harem ending, a harem ending, a harem ending, a haunted house, inexplicable superpowers, alternate dimensions, mecha battles, magical girls, zombies, fantasy MMORPGs and a clown.
Evil Overlord option aside, of course.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Charmant wrote:
I'd pay for that...

Also playable festival minigames, with various aspects of them opening different branches in the stories. Hisao surprises Shizune on her route with some horrible oversized pink fluffy thing won in a festival game and she reads too much into the prize choice and steadily starts imitating Misha's hair and personality in a misguided attempt to suit what she believes to be Hisao's preference. This confuses and disturbs Misha enough to cause her eventually to confront Shizune about everything, they make up yuri-style and Hisao dies lonely and friendless in the gutterends the route romantically alone but still on friendly terms with the new lesbian couple. Also Shizune steps down as council leader (though not officially entirely off the council) to free up time for Misha so Hisao takes over and act four consists in part of rebuilding and stabilizing the student council while on the side helping Mishzune deal with the inevitable prejudice of their homosexual relationship.
...You know, implausible as that might be, it actually sounds like a good story.

Time Travel Pack
Hop on T̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶o̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ Mutou's T̶A̶R̶D̶I̶S̶ Time Machine and tour history with the girls! See the ancient Olympics with Emi! Take a cruise on an airship with Lily! Tour the Library of Alexandria with Hanako! Take a safari through Leopold's Congo with Rin! Bring Shizune back to the Borgia Papal States, to discuss the finer points of tyranny and corruption! All this and more, for only 9.99$!
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Cosplay Pack - Adds three scenes to each route in which we see the couple in full cosplay attire. Each purchase comes with a free poster-size picture of Hanako dressed as Ash Ketchum.

Developer Voiceover Pack - During each scene, the developers speak over any dialogue or music to bring you stories about production. Even in your most intimate moments with your waifu of choice, the voices shall not stop. Adds an extra slider in the options menu for how many shots the developers took before commentating on the scene.

Hisao's Package - For the low price of USD 99.99$ you can purchase several life-sized models of items in the game, such as Shizune's Cat, Hanako's Cellphone, Lemon Scented Lube, Emi's legs, and many others! The best part? Each item is in encased in identical opaque boxes, so you don't know what you're going to get when you order them!
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Munchenhausen wrote:You awake in an Alternate dimension.
A magical place where 4LS decided to sell Katawa Shoujo on Steam for about £5, rather than make it for no profit.
Each member of 4LS are gabizillionaires, and SilentCook has finally managed to buy the entirety of Sicily for his personal mansion.

Let's say Delta has the idea of adding additional DLC Packs, to increase longevity of the game and also to raise a bit more money so he can have Basking Sharks put into his Moat.

What DLCs could you imagine being released?
Extra endings, alternative route paths, more characters, voice packs, music packs, reskins, what else?

No doubt the Miki Route would be top seller ;)
That idea^

Is worth a DLC of its own.
"The sun, a swimming pool, and a basking shark"

Or

"A villa in Sicily, a blind girl's Omerta" :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

SpunkySix wrote:
300BillionDegrees wrote:

Basically, I'd much, much rather see a full motion Emi "at her Emiest" than a full motion Emi, "looking uncomfortable with some other guy's erect penis rammed in her anus" y'know?
Oh you romantical types :P Actually I would like to see the whole thing animated, but that might take a bit of work...
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

SpunkySix wrote:
Shockproof Jamo wrote:Anal lube pack DLC +additional anal sex scenes for Emi: Now you can really go at it with your favorite track runner girl. Anal lubes come in a large variety of scents and tastes, with additional new commentary from Emi about how each of them feel. Yours for 11$.

Meiko path DLC: Why settle for the young, inexperienced virgins, when you could have the hot MILF of your dreams? 10$ + additional 5.69$ to unlock a threesome with Emi. Let mommy show you the ropes.
Question:

Would these two come in a bundle?
Only if you paid the additional $5.69.

Oh come on, don't look at me like that. YOU GUYS JUST IGNORED IT.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

TheHivemind wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Shockproof Jamo wrote:Anal lube pack DLC +additional anal sex scenes for Emi: Now you can really go at it with your favorite track runner girl. Anal lubes come in a large variety of scents and tastes, with additional new commentary from Emi about how each of them feel. Yours for 11$.

Meiko path DLC: Why settle for the young, inexperienced virgins, when you could have the hot MILF of your dreams? 10$ + additional 5.69$ to unlock a threesome with Emi. Let mommy show you the ropes.
Question:

Would these two come in a bundle?
Only if you paid the additional $5.69.

Oh come on, don't look at me like that. YOU GUYS JUST IGNORED IT.
Hivemind, once again being bestdev.