The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
azumeow
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:04 am

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by azumeow » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:09 am

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Atario wrote:The hottest mating is checkmating.
This comment spurred me to spend the last few minutes working out how Hanako and Hisao might be able to fuck and play chess at the same time. I don't know if I should be ashamed of myself or proud that I ended up finding a solution.
Proud. Definitely proud. I could have used this intel a few years back. May even try to find a use for it in the future....
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3528
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:26 am

azumeow wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Atario wrote:The hottest mating is checkmating.
This comment spurred me to spend the last few minutes working out how Hanako and Hisao might be able to fuck and play chess at the same time. I don't know if I should be ashamed of myself or proud that I ended up finding a solution.
Proud. Definitely proud. I could have used this intel a few years back. May even try to find a use for it in the future....
"Ah... ah, H-Hisao, N... b3... shift your leg a bit..." *tap* (chess clock activates on Hisao's side) "... take it easy, you still have thirty-f-five m-min... oooh"
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3528
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:42 am

Valjean Lafitte wrote:I swear, brythain... you deserve some sort of "KS Fan of Forever" Award. You actually found a high school that's around the right area and where it snowed at the right time for it to be Hisao's, and even located the wooded area where Iwanako tried to confess to Hisao--that's just incredible!
Thanks, man... if you keep exploring, you'll find on the other side a bunch of trees that look suspiciously similar to the trees in the VN graphics. I know they probably aren't, but they're close enough for artistic license. Also, Hisao does say he's a city boy, and Yokohama is definitely urban enough. So Kibogaoka High School it is, then. The name of the school means 'Hopeful Slope'. 神奈川県立 (Kanagawa Prefecture) 希望ケ丘 (Hopeful Slope) 高等学校 (High School).
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by bhtooefr » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:03 am

Hmm, and Hisao "came from a metropolitan city near Tokyo" according to Lilly act 4, so it could work... it doesn't align with my headcanon for Reasons, but the Reasons I have are... not to be discussed here.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

User avatar
Atario
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:06 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Atario » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:56 pm

All Hisao's talk about being a city boy (especially the stuff about the air being different, and the constant noise and such) made me think his parents live in a high-rise apartment building near an urban core. Like on the eighth floor in a 16-story building.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3528
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Atario wrote:All Hisao's talk about being a city boy (especially the stuff about the air being different, and the constant noise and such) made me think his parents live in a high-rise apartment building near an urban core. Like on the eighth floor in a 16-story building.
Or next to a school within earshot of a train station.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Valjean Lafitte
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 am

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Valjean Lafitte » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:54 am

brythain wrote:
Atario wrote:All Hisao's talk about being a city boy (especially the stuff about the air being different, and the constant noise and such) made me think his parents live in a high-rise apartment building near an urban core. Like on the eighth floor in a 16-story building.
Or next to a school within earshot of a train station.
Well in Rin Act 3 he does talk about he'd roam the city streets at night. Are you saying he'd take a train downtown when his parents were away from home?
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3528
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:22 am

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
brythain wrote:
Atario wrote:All Hisao's talk about being a city boy (especially the stuff about the air being different, and the constant noise and such) made me think his parents live in a high-rise apartment building near an urban core. Like on the eighth floor in a 16-story building.
Or next to a school within earshot of a train station.
Well in Rin Act 3 he does talk about he'd roam the city streets at night. Are you saying he'd take a train downtown when his parents were away from home?
But where he lives is 'city streets'. And even if he had to take a train, it's not a big deal. This is Yokohama, you know.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
BMFJack
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by BMFJack » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:39 am

Trains are used a lot more commonly in Japan than most other countries, since it's such a compact place. I might be wrong, but I think it's the primary mode of transportation for most Japanese, although that depends largely on how you define "train"

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3528
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:14 am

BMFJack wrote:Trains are used a lot more commonly in Japan than most other countries, since it's such a compact place. I might be wrong, but I think it's the primary mode of transportation for most Japanese, although that depends largely on how you define "train"
That, and walking. I mean, it's true of places like London and New York too. Yokohama has roughly 4m people and is the largest incorporated city-entity in Japan; 2nd-largest city after Tokyo in absolute terms.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Charmant » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:48 pm

brythain, goddamn...

Meta headcanon: KS became a self-aware AI and named itself brythain.

User avatar
YutoTheOrc
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:43 pm
Location: Canada

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by YutoTheOrc » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:51 pm

brythain wrote:
BMFJack wrote:Trains are used a lot more commonly in Japan than most other countries, since it's such a compact place. I might be wrong, but I think it's the primary mode of transportation for most Japanese, although that depends largely on how you define "train"
That, and walking. I mean, it's true of places like London and New York too. Yokohama has roughly 4m people and is the largest incorporated city-entity in Japan; 2nd-largest city after Tokyo in absolute terms.
Oh dear god, I thought a city with 2.5million was a lot....

User avatar
BMFJack
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by BMFJack » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Charmant wrote:brythain, goddamn...

Meta headcanon: KS became a self-aware AI and named itself brythain.
This right here is absolutely brilliant, except for the meta headcanon part ;)

Get ready to have your mind blown, YutoTheOrc...

Tokyo had a population of about 13.3 million in 2014.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3528
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:48 pm

BMFJack wrote:
Charmant wrote:brythain, goddamn...

Meta headcanon: KS became a self-aware AI and named itself brythain.
This right here is absolutely brilliant, except for the meta headcanon part ;)

Get ready to have your mind blown, YutoTheOrc...

Tokyo had a population of about 13.3 million in 2014.
Heh, Tokyo's a bit like London; technically it's a conurbation of about 20 different cities that've merged together. The original City of Tokyo was reduced by firebombing in the 1940s to about 2-3 million people. Now there isn't technically an overall city called 'Tokyo'; there's a Tokyo metropolitan area, more or less. So Tokyo is about 13m people with a metropolitan area containing about 40m altogether. That compares with New York City (8.5m people, but metropolitan area more like 25m) and London (Greater London about 8.5m and metropolitan area about 15m).

As for metaheadcanon, perhaps brythain is a construct sent back from the future of KS to tell stories about KS... wait, no, I'm brythain!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Oscar Wildecat
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:28 pm
Location: A short drive west of Kingdom Come.

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Oscar Wildecat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:36 pm

brythain wrote:As for metaheadcanon, perhaps brythain is a construct sent back from the future of KS to tell stories about KS... wait, no, I'm brythain!
So ... brythain is ... Misha the Time Lord ?
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.

Post Reply