The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oscar Wildecat

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Thinking a bit Hanako:

After her good ending, I think she would eventually grab Hisao by the cowlick and head for the rabbit ranch ... well not literally a farm full of bunnies (although the picture of Hanako in a room full of lop eared rabbits would be absolutely adorable), but some out-of-the-way part of Japan. It would be a good fit for Hisao to go into astronomy or astrophysics and Hanako go into technical writing. Both set up shop in near an observatory somewhere.

Minor headbit:

Lilly and Hanako cosplay as feminazis for a Yamaku Halloween party. Hisao and Kenji both have heart palpitations -- for different reasons.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Atario wrote:Regardless of her own well-adjustedness, the rest of society isn't…
The rest of society is ill-adjusted for about a thousand different things. Every person on this Earth would live and die sobbing in a fetal position on the floor if they considered society's take on every aspect of them.

@Munch: Nope! Can't agree because it's not true. :P
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Y'know, Hanako's scarring does inhibit her physically. Hisao notes that she's moving differently on her scarred side during her H-scene, and there's also the fact that scarring that deep and extensive has certainly destroyed a lot of sweat glands. (Which causes her some trouble in Sisterhood, if you remember.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

emmjay wrote:Y'know, Hanako's scarring does inhibit her physically. Hisao notes that she's moving differently on her scarred side during her H-scene, and there's also the fact that scarring that deep and extensive has certainly destroyed a lot of sweat glands. (Which causes her some trouble in Sisterhood, if you remember.)
Never read it.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

We know Hisao enjoyed reading the epic sci-fi novel Dune, but when he got round to seeing the film adaption directed by David Lynch, he got completely freaked by the concept of the Heart Plugs used by House Harkonnen.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Oddball wrote:"Misha" picked her own nickname. She just heard the name once and thought it sounded cute so she started introducing herself that way.
Huh. Did they not actually say that in the game? I hadn't considered any alternative to this till you said it.
laundry
Now that I think of it, the subject of laundry is completely omitted in the game. Do they have dorm laundry rooms? Or might there be a service?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Wouldn't they have to have at least the option of a laundry service? The theoretically could be disabled students unable to do their own laundry. (For example, some Quadriplegics.)
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I'm pretty sure they mention a laundry room at some point, but they never go into details.
Not Dead Yet
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

The dormitory I lived in before had a laundry room where they do their own laundry, which I assume in the KS-verse that is probably the same--that, and the 'partner' system that seems to be around in Yamaku meant those who can't do their laundry due to the lack of arms [e.g. Rin] can have their laundry done.

Their bed sheets and pillow covers are probably collected once a month, cleaned, and exchanged by the responsible staff.

At least that's what I believe
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Their bed sheets and pillow covers are probably collected once a month, cleaned, and exchanged by the responsible staff.
I believe that the school gives you bedding, but most students swap it out for their own stuff after a few months (with Hanako and Hisao being two of the only third year students that still use school provided sheets.)
Not Dead Yet
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

A Hanako headcannon that I came up with a while back:

Depending on how much support she gets throughout her life results in different occupations; with a greater degree of support (e.g. post Hanako good end), she is able to get past her own problems and later becomes a therapist out of a desire to help others with similar afflictions. With a lesser degree of support (i.e. any route other than her's - excluding bad end - or Lilly's where Lilly does not move to Scotland), she never quite gets all the way past them, so instead turns to writing as an occupation, a form of escapism and a way to make herself feel worth something. If she were to receive very little support (same as above, but with Lilly moving), then I have no idea on the specifics, but I dunno if she would get particularly far (I seem to recall a fic where she ended up as a taxi driver - something along those lines).
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Alpacalypse wrote:A Hanako headcannon that I came up with a while back:

Depending on how much support she gets throughout her life results in different occupations ...
I can see this. I mentioned "technical writer" as a possible good end occupation for a similar reason -- she would support Hisao (the scientist) the way he supports her, and in my headcannon, writing (after English) is one of his weak points.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Alpacalypse wrote:A Hanako headcannon that I came up with a while back:

Depending on how much support she gets throughout her life results in different occupations ...
I can see this. I mentioned "technical writer" as a possible good end occupation for a similar reason -- she would support Hisao (the scientist) the way he supports her, and in my headcannon, writing (after English) is one of his weak points.
This, in my headcanon, is the canonical head-cannon.

[The Pratt Gun] :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

brythain wrote:[The Pratt Gun] :D
Talk about blowing one's top off. :lol:

Headcannon... Headcanon... That's why one needs a Hanako Technical Writer of their own (or at least just pay attention to what they're writing.)
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
brythain wrote:[The Pratt Gun] :D
Talk about blowing one's top off. :lol:

Headcannon... Headcanon... That's why one needs a Hanako Technical Writer of their own (or at least just pay attention to what they're writing.)
Awww... here, have a Hanako bun. They make them in about ten flavours around here.

Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)