The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

azumeow

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by azumeow »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Atario wrote:The hottest mating is checkmating.
This comment spurred me to spend the last few minutes working out how Hanako and Hisao might be able to fuck and play chess at the same time. I don't know if I should be ashamed of myself or proud that I ended up finding a solution.
Proud. Definitely proud. I could have used this intel a few years back. May even try to find a use for it in the future....
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
brythain

Post by brythain »

azumeow wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Atario wrote:The hottest mating is checkmating.
This comment spurred me to spend the last few minutes working out how Hanako and Hisao might be able to fuck and play chess at the same time. I don't know if I should be ashamed of myself or proud that I ended up finding a solution.
Proud. Definitely proud. I could have used this intel a few years back. May even try to find a use for it in the future....
"Ah... ah, H-Hisao, N... b3... shift your leg a bit..." *tap* (chess clock activates on Hisao's side) "... take it easy, you still have thirty-f-five m-min... oooh"
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
brythain

Post by brythain »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:I swear, brythain... you deserve some sort of "KS Fan of Forever" Award. You actually found a high school that's around the right area and where it snowed at the right time for it to be Hisao's, and even located the wooded area where Iwanako tried to confess to Hisao--that's just incredible!
Thanks, man... if you keep exploring, you'll find on the other side a bunch of trees that look suspiciously similar to the trees in the VN graphics. I know they probably aren't, but they're close enough for artistic license. Also, Hisao does say he's a city boy, and Yokohama is definitely urban enough. So Kibogaoka High School it is, then. The name of the school means 'Hopeful Slope'. 神奈川県立 (Kanagawa Prefecture) 希望ケ丘 (Hopeful Slope) 高等学校 (High School).
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Hmm, and Hisao "came from a metropolitan city near Tokyo" according to Lilly act 4, so it could work... it doesn't align with my headcanon for Reasons, but the Reasons I have are... not to be discussed here.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Atario

Post by Atario »

All Hisao's talk about being a city boy (especially the stuff about the air being different, and the constant noise and such) made me think his parents live in a high-rise apartment building near an urban core. Like on the eighth floor in a 16-story building.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:All Hisao's talk about being a city boy (especially the stuff about the air being different, and the constant noise and such) made me think his parents live in a high-rise apartment building near an urban core. Like on the eighth floor in a 16-story building.
Or next to a school within earshot of a train station.
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

brythain wrote:
Atario wrote:All Hisao's talk about being a city boy (especially the stuff about the air being different, and the constant noise and such) made me think his parents live in a high-rise apartment building near an urban core. Like on the eighth floor in a 16-story building.
Well in Rin Act 3 he does talk about he'd roam the city streets at night. Are you saying he'd take a train downtown when his parents were away from home?
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
brythain wrote:
Well in Rin Act 3 he does talk about he'd roam the city streets at night. Are you saying he'd take a train downtown when his parents were away from home?
But where he lives is 'city streets'. And even if he had to take a train, it's not a big deal. This is Yokohama, you know.
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Trains are used a lot more commonly in Japan than most other countries, since it's such a compact place. I might be wrong, but I think it's the primary mode of transportation for most Japanese, although that depends largely on how you define "train"
brythain

Post by brythain »

BMFJack wrote:Trains are used a lot more commonly in Japan than most other countries, since it's such a compact place. I might be wrong, but I think it's the primary mode of transportation for most Japanese, although that depends largely on how you define "train"
That, and walking. I mean, it's true of places like London and New York too. Yokohama has roughly 4m people and is the largest incorporated city-entity in Japan; 2nd-largest city after Tokyo in absolute terms.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

brythain, goddamn...

Meta headcanon: KS became a self-aware AI and named itself brythain.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

brythain wrote:
BMFJack wrote:Trains are used a lot more commonly in Japan than most other countries, since it's such a compact place. I might be wrong, but I think it's the primary mode of transportation for most Japanese, although that depends largely on how you define "train"
That, and walking. I mean, it's true of places like London and New York too. Yokohama has roughly 4m people and is the largest incorporated city-entity in Japan; 2nd-largest city after Tokyo in absolute terms.
Oh dear god, I thought a city with 2.5million was a lot....
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Charmant wrote:brythain, goddamn...

This right here is absolutely brilliant, except for the meta headcanon part ;)

Get ready to have your mind blown, YutoTheOrc...

Tokyo had a population of about 13.3 million in 2014.
brythain

Post by brythain »

BMFJack wrote:
Charmant wrote:brythain, goddamn...

This right here is absolutely brilliant, except for the meta headcanon part ;)

Get ready to have your mind blown, YutoTheOrc...

Tokyo had a population of about 13.3 million in 2014.
Heh, Tokyo's a bit like London; technically it's a conurbation of about 20 different cities that've merged together. The original City of Tokyo was reduced by firebombing in the 1940s to about 2-3 million people. Now there isn't technically an overall city called 'Tokyo'; there's a Tokyo metropolitan area, more or less. So Tokyo is about 13m people with a metropolitan area containing about 40m altogether. That compares with New York City (8.5m people, but metropolitan area more like 25m) and London (Greater London about 8.5m and metropolitan area about 15m).

As for metaheadcanon, perhaps brythain is a construct sent back from the future of KS to tell stories about KS... wait, no, I'm brythain!
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

brythain wrote:As for metaheadcanon, perhaps brythain is a construct sent back from the future of KS to tell stories about KS... wait, no, I'm brythain!
So ... brythain is ... Misha the Time Lord ?
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.