The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Eurobeatjester

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Rhodri wrote:Oh. God. Fucking. Damn. It.

Its like the time I had this amazing sci-fi dream that stuck with me for ages, only to realise a few years ago that it was a knock off of Dune. I hadn't even heard of it when I had that dream! Seriously, this is real disheartening.
Happens to the best of us man :P

The greatest skill as an author isn't how to tell an original story, but how to warp existing concepts into something original :P
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

I don't care whether it's an unintentional rip-off, all of this Saki stuff is gonna make me cry soon.

And my day started off so happy too. Seriously, I went to Thorpe Park and shit!

However, Rhodri, you take the award for "making this motherf***er tear up something fierce". That bucket list thing is just beautiful. :cry:
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I want to reply to this stuff in more detail but I can't without revealing plot details for my fic :cries:
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Rhodri wrote:Oh. God. Fucking. Damn. It.

Its like the time I had this amazing sci-fi dream that stuck with me for ages, only to realise a few years ago that it was a knock off of Dune. I hadn't even heard of it when I had that dream! Seriously, this is real disheartening.
I know how you feel. On my forklift I have a lot of time to myself, that I spend either nattering away to the sexy guy in the rear-view mirror or just thinking.

One day, I came up with an idea for a post-apocalyptic zombie movie about some guy with nothing to live for wandering aimlessly through zombie-infested Britain. He walks from city to city, where people have fortified themselves with huge city walls safe from the zombies, trying to find something to fill the empty void. As he's setting off from one city, a lone woman seeks him out and asks him to deliver a letter to someone in the city he's headed too. With nothing better to do, he agrees.
After a few days, he reaches this other city and finds the guy the letter's addressed to. this guy's the woman's son and he's overjoyed to hear she's still alive and well. Seeing the joy and relief on this guy's face makes Protagonist happy, and he got such a kick from it Protagonist offers to walk back to deliver a reply. Someone else overhears and asks him to deliver another letter to someone else in that city aswell as this initial reply letter.

Long story short, he becomes a zombie-apocalypse postman; walking from fortification to fortification, dodging bandits and zombies alike, to bring hope to the remaining people of this once-great country.

---
Basically, I told my mum and she said she saw that film when it came out.
It's already a fucking Kevin Costner movie from 1997, but based in America and without zombies.

I was absolutely livid.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Well I only subscribe to to Saki dying young because the balance of probability is that she has one of the fatal conditions. If a dev says she has a non fatal version, then that changes things.

On the happier thoughts list, how long before Shizune is running the student council or whatever they have at her college?
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Negativedarke wrote:Well I only subscribe to to Saki dying young because the balance of probability is that she has one of the fatal conditions. If a dev says she has a non fatal version, then that changes things.

On the happier thoughts list, how long before Shizune is running the student council or whatever they have at her college?
The devs would respond with a troll answer on Saki, like they usually do :lol:
That and she's an April Fool's character, so the chance of them dicking with us is very high as well
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Steinherz wrote:That and she's an April Fool's character...
Sudden new headcanon! Rika and Saki share the same birthday: April 1st.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

emmjay wrote:
Steinherz wrote:That and she's an April Fool's character...
Sudden new headcanon! Rika and Saki share the same birthday: April 1st.
Not entirely new... [HERE] 8)

And also, Hisao Nakai himself!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Okay, new headcanon. In her bad end Saki has a fatal version of her disease. In the good end it's non-fatal. :?

So how about some speculation about characters bucket lists?

Hanako- I think that going to the beach might be on there. It's something most people can do anytime, but Hanako's anxieties would kick in when other beach goers see her. She'd like to feel the sun and water and sand and all that beachy stuff but she's afraid.

Emi- Get a peg-leg. After trying it out she's dissappointed.

Rin- Would be confused by the concept of a bucket list.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Negativedarke wrote:Okay, new headcanon. In her bad end Saki has a fatal version of her disease. In the good end it's non-fatal. :?

So how about some speculation about characters bucket lists?

Hanako- I think that going to the beach might be on there. It's something most people can do anytime, but Hanako's anxieties would kick in when other beach goers see her. She'd like to feel the sun and water and sand and all that beachy stuff but she's afraid.

Emi- Get a peg-leg. After trying it out she's dissappointed.

Rin- Would be confused by the concept of a bucket list.
Shizune: Take over the world and have all the men dress in spandex for the rest of eternity

Akira: Get shit-faced drunk in every major country in the world on the local alcoholic drinks Couldn't think of a good one for Lilly

Mutou: Visit CERN and destroy the world by messing with the LHC

Nomiya: Visit the Louvre and steal the Mona Lisa
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Negativedarke wrote:Okay, new headcanon. In her bad end Saki has a fatal version of her disease. In the good end it's non-fatal. :?
FINALLY! :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Steinherz wrote:
Actually, I just checked this, the devs stated that Saki's spinocerebellar ataxia will kill her, although there are few specifics as to how exactly it will progress.

Actually, is that post accepted as canon in the community where Rika and Saki are concerned, or am I being pedantic for nothing?

Yes, I went back and looked at the 2011 April fools post just to be pedantic. Feel free to judge me for that. :roll:
---
---
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Alpacalypse wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Actually, I just checked this, the devs stated that Saki's spinocerebellar ataxia will kill her, although there are few specifics as to how exactly it will progress.

Actually, is that post accepted as canon in the community where Rika and Saki are concerned, or am I being pedantic for nothing?

Yes, I went back and looked at the 2011 April fools post just to be pedantic. Feel free to judge me for that. :roll:
I think you're being pedantic for nothing :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Alpacalypse wrote:
Steinherz wrote:

That's pretty much canon as far as people who write for Saki are concerned. The developers never got into what type of ataxia she has. All they mention is that it will eventually kill her in a pretty horrible way.

The details on that (lifespan, type, effects and how long it will take) are left up to the imagination. (And medical information with a healthy dose of creative liberty thrown in for good measure.)

It's morbid, but there's enough variations on fatal ataxias to leave a lot of room within that framework.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Sometime after her good end, Hanako's opening up of her shell reveals:

- She's a crazy good runner, faster than Emi.
- She's super efficient in student council work, moreso than Shizune.
- She's a better artist than Rin.
- She's a better lover than Lilly.
- She holds her liquor better than Kenji

This all leads to her remaining ostracized for entirely new reasons of jealousy but she doesn't give a shit because she's fucking fabulous and still has a man.

Until he dies of a heart attack, at which point she finds herself completely alone and unwanted.

But then she remembers that she's adorable and cutes her way back into everyone's good graces just in time for her birthday. Cake and booze are enjoyed by all.