The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YutoTheOrc

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I've always liked the idea that Shizune's mother passed away or left when Shizune was very young. Hideaki is actually only her half-brother, who's mother did the same thing as Shizune's. To me, it makes more sense that way, Shizune wouldn't remember much and neither would Hideaki. As for Hideaki's mother, well it wouldn't really matter to Shizune whether or not he was full-blooded. Besides, it would explain Hideaki's 'love' for Akira, he may feel that he has a chance due to the fact that they are not blood related. :wink:

As for another Headcannon is Miki's non-chalant behaviour. I've stated before that I feel she would be the most non-chalantly politically-incorrect person that Yamaku possesses. :lol:
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Megumeru wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Mayoi's still alive, but she's a lesbian who left Jigoro, and that's also why Jigoro is trying to compensate for something.
That headcanon is way too comical for me to swallow :lol:
Queer women coerced into heteronormative relationships = comedy???
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Leaty wrote: Queer women coerced into heteronormative relationships = comedy???
No, mate, you've got to look at the other clause in that sentence.
The punchline is that this is the reason that Jigoro is acting so overly masculine, not that Mayoi is a lesbian.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Munchenhausen wrote:
The punchline is that this is the reason that Jigoro is acting so overly masculine, not that Mayoi is a lesbian.
*\(^o^)/*
That is why I found it too comical to swallow. I like to ground things to reality more often--or at least, an explanation that is closest to reality, one that is believable and can/may happen to the average stranger somewhere. KS is fiction, this I know, but most of things that are in it are grounded to reality that is not too far from our own lives :)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Megumeru wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
*\(^o^)/*
That is why I found it too comical to swallow. I like to ground things to reality more often--or at least, an explanation that is closest to reality, one that is believable and can/may happen to the average stranger somewhere. KS is fiction, this I know, but most of things that are in it are grounded to reality that is not too far from our own lives :)
*nods* I am in full agreement with that much (although I'm not sure how it applies to The Haunting :wink:), and thus have tried to keep Developments realistic wherever possible. Actually, the part about Jigoro acting isn't actually part of Developments, but a (somewhat reasonable, I'd say) extrapolation by some who have read it. The idea there is that when Mayoi left Jigoro for her female lover, Jigoro felt emasculated and thereafter dialed himself up to eleven to compensate, and doesn't talk about her due to shame. Shizune doesn't discuss her mother because she felt betrayed when she broke up their family. Not sure why that's comical, either.

Out of curiosity, what kind of effect would you think such a sequence of events would have had on Jigoro?
bhtooefr wrote:And Hiroyuki Satou's wife is Karla:
I have now firmly implanted in my headcanon that Karla is an artifact of the early idea of Lilly being of South African descent, and that when her backstory changed, everything else went out the window. Hence, Developments' Sorcha MacPherson. :)
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Not sure if this belongs in the headcanon thread or not, but I am a huge dork who has been mainlining HP fic this month and it's been something I've been thinking about:

If Yamaku were Hogwarts, the Sorting Hat would put Lilly and Misha in Hufflepuff, Rin and Hanako in Ravenclaw, and Emi and Shizune in Gryffindor. (I think Shizune would definitely be offered Slytherin, but would ultimately ask to be sorted into Gryffindor.)

Taking Summer's Clover as canon, Miki and Suzu would both be Slytherins (assuming they were sorted three years ago.) Hisao himself doesn't get Sorted because he changes too much in every route.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Leaty wrote:Taking Summer's Clover as canon, Miki and Suzu would both be Slytherins (assuming they were sorted three years ago.) Hisao himself doesn't get Sorted because he changes too much in every route.
So he'd be Gryffindor or Slytherin (they're the ones who have the most potential iirc)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

dewelar wrote: *nods* I am in full agreement with that much (although I'm not sure how it applies to The Haunting :wink:), and thus have tried to keep Developments realistic wherever possible. Actually, the part about Jigoro acting isn't actually part of Developments, but a (somewhat reasonable, I'd say) extrapolation by some who have read it. The idea there is that when Mayoi left Jigoro for her female lover, Jigoro felt emasculated and thereafter dialed himself up to eleven to compensate, and doesn't talk about her due to shame. Shizune doesn't discuss her mother because she felt betrayed when she broke up their family. Not sure why that's comical, either.

Out of curiosity, what kind of effect would you think such a sequence of events would have had on Jigoro?
The Haunting is pretty hard to explain as anything that relates to the supernatural borders between 'reality' and 'fiction'. Some people believe the existence of spirits and ghosts; they also have evidences the prove them as well, while there are also those who remain skeptical and see them as the work of fiction. When I'm writing the story, there is always that fine balance between 'believable' to 'things-pulled-from-the-ass' that always need to be kept in-check--which is why I find Meibi-sensei's work (Tasogare Otome) to be my favorite on the subject and referenced heavily on the nature of the supernatural considering The Haunting :D

Now on Jigoro's case and Mayoi's reaction, there is a few reasons why I believe it doesn't work--at least in mentality and cultural context. Thing is, people who have same-gender preference here never reveal them outloud and would suppress them--those who are usually don't get married. The general consensus here is often negative concerning the subject, so best to keep it to one's self. Jigoro's someone who--I believe--would show hostility towards anyone the instant they rustle his jimmies concerning his family, and as such would immediately regard Akira as someone he never knew and would not allow her to be in the house (remember Shizune going 'friend of my enemy is my enemy? I can see she got that from Jigoro) or even let her write his biography. He'd probably berate her enough to the point Hideaki wish he was born like her sister, thus causing Shizune to probably comment about how her mother 'ruined it all'.

So no, I don't thknk it's likely with the lesbian theory.
Last edited by Megumeru on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

dewelar wrote:I have now firmly implanted in my headcanon that Karla is an artifact of the early idea of Lilly being of South African descent, and that when her backstory changed, everything else went out the window. Hence, Developments' Sorcha MacPherson. :)
Ah, she's a sorta MacPherson of interest. I agree with that too, in principle. But I went digging and found a curious lacuna in the history of that part of the world and why Inverness is the headquarters of genuine real-life Japanese companies. Whisky. It must be related to Kenji somehow. :D (Remember, his mother supposedly sends him whisky even though she's dead?)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Trogdor

Post by Trogdor »

brythain wrote:Remember, his mother supposedly sends him whisky even though she's dead?)
U wot, mate? She's not dead, she's just restin'. Pining for the fjords.
This American apple pie institution known as a trigger warning will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm that might actually make you think, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time. This post contains explicit depictions of things which are real. These real things are commonly known as life.
--
I burninated Hanako's house, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Trogdor wrote:
brythain wrote:Remember, his mother supposedly sends him whisky even though she's dead?)
Pining for the fjords?
You must be mistaken.
She has passed on. Has ceased to be.
She is an ex-mother!
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Alpacalypse wrote:
Trogdor wrote:
Pining for the fjords?
You must be mistaken.
She has passed on. Has ceased to be.
She is an ex-mother!
Do you, in fact, have any cheese... Wait, wrong sketch.
One little bit of headcanon I have for Hanako: Fire is not, as some people think, a trigger for her. She has no problem with matches, candles, lighters, etc. Stories in which someone gets orphaned, however, are a trigger. Especially if the death of the parents or parental figures is depicted in the work, and not just alluded to.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

Leaty wrote:Not sure if this belongs in the headcanon thread or not, but I am a huge dork who has been mainlining HP fic this month and it's been something I've been thinking about:

If Yamaku were Hogwarts, the Sorting Hat would put Lilly and Misha in Hufflepuff, Rin and Hanako in Ravenclaw, and Emi and Shizune in Gryffindor. (I think Shizune would definitely be offered Slytherin, but would ultimately ask to be sorted into Gryffindor.)

Taking Summer's Clover as canon, Miki and Suzu would both be Slytherins (assuming they were sorted three years ago.) Hisao himself doesn't get Sorted because he changes too much in every route.
I guess Hisao would end up in the same house as the girl he was destined to be with, either that or he would just default to Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. I guess the real question is what house would Iwanako end up in?

Might be a little off topic but do you have any recommendations for HP fics, read Delicate and it’s sequel and thats about it.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Leaty wrote:If Yamaku were Hogwarts, the Sorting Hat would put Lilly and Misha in Hufflepuff, Rin and Hanako in Ravenclaw, and Emi and Shizune in Gryffindor. (I think Shizune would definitely be offered Slytherin, but would ultimately ask to be sorted into Gryffindor.)

As a Hufflepuff myself, I can't imagine Lilly would fit in. I can see Emi being one, but she fits Gryffindor too well.
I would put...
Emi and Lilly in Gryffindor
Gryffindors have the heart of a lion and loyalty to match
Misha in Hufflepuff
Because Hufflepuffs are just there to have a good time and enjoy life
Shizune and Hanako in Ravenclaw
Ravenclaws are renowned for intellect and level headedness
Rin in the Whomping Willow
because Rin a shit
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Gajzla wrote:do you have any recommendations for HP fics
Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.
Where Harry was raised by scientists, so he decides to put science and magic together and take over the world.

That's a pretty good one.

And, with regards to what house people would be in:
Shizune: Slytherin - Damn if she isn't manipulative
Emi: Gryffindor - She got guts (and she'll wear yours for garters)
Hanako: Gryffindor - Anybody who can go through the amount of shit she went through and come out even marginally ok deserves some credit
Lilly: Ravenclaw - Intelligent and, whilst adept at social situations, decidedly introverted and reserved
Rin: Hufflepuff - Because hell if I'd know where to put her
Misha: Hufflepuff - Waaaaayyy to cheery for anywhere else
Hisao: Ravenclaw - Science knowledge (and apparent chick-magnet qualities) are his only defining features
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.