The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Steinherz »

Silentcook wrote:-Rin speaks with a Kansai accent, though not in Kansai-ben.
Interesting. So she'd have an accent like Haruhi?
Silentcook wrote:-Emi and Misha "experimented" toghether.
Me likey this one =w=
Silentcook wrote:-Kenji is Yuuko's ex-boyfriend.
No fucking shit, mostly EVERYONE believes this :lol:

Silentcook wrote:Now good luck deciding at which level of "official-ness" these statements are. 8)
Dev Headcanon. IE: Absolutely not official at all. :lol:

I remember (I think it was) Aura saying all of the girls were raped by Tentacled Horse Aliens before Hisao met any of them.

Atario wrote:Regarding Rin's music preferences, I picture a playlist something like this:
  • Philip Glass
  • Kraftwerk
  • David Bowie
  • Cabaret Voltaire
  • Björk
  • My Bloody Valentine
  • Robert Fripp
  • Sonic Youth
Of course she'd like Kraftwerk. Industrial metal FTW.

Also, is Cabaret Voltaire that one group who ripped off the name of Voltaire to get hits on their own shit when people searched him?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Steinherz wrote:Also, is Cabaret Voltaire that one group who ripped off the name of Voltaire to get hits on their own shit when people searched him?
Since they've been around since the '70s, I'm gonna go with "no" :) .

Also, bhtooefr's contribution made me think about another possible entry on the Rin playlist, The Bad Plus.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Steinherz wrote:
Silentcook wrote:-Rin speaks with a Kansai accent, though not in Kansai-ben.
Interesting. So she'd have an accent like Haruhi?
Actually, I thought Emi spoke more with a mountain-ear's accent. As for Rin, I put her on Tsushima for a reason—she compares apples to squids in her route, and Tsushima's major industry is squid-fishing.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

dewelar wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Also, is Cabaret Voltaire that one group who ripped off the name of Voltaire to get hits on their own shit when people searched him?
Since they've been around since the '70s, I'm gonna go with "no" :) .
Oh, okay then.

I say that because Voltaire (the musician) obviously goes by his middle name, and tends to get annoyed when newer groups use Voltaire somewhere in their name.
ESPECIALLY if it's the first word :lol:

It's actually gotten so bad that he now goes by his first and middle name on his newer albums :lol:

However, Aurelio Voltaire sounds fucking awesome, so it's a plus :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Well... I haven't really formed any headcannon yet.

I finished Lilly's route just now though, so in my head for some reason the tune she was humming during the blinded sex chapter was Concord. Mainly because I do that very frenquently now. I am aware that she is supossed to be humming the music box's tune though.

I like to believe the Kenji x Yuuko thing like everybody else.

Misha is bisexual but deeply attached to Shicchan anyway.
Akira is bicurious.

Hanako is into punk rock and Lilly is just as competitive as Shizune.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:However, Aurelio Voltaire sounds fucking awesome, so it's a plus :lol:
That is a fucking awesome name. Who wouldn't wear that with pride?

Also, it's been far too long since I've listened to Voltaire. The only song I can immediately think of off the top of my head is that brains song he sung in The Grim Adventure of Billy & Mandy...

---
Headcanon: Shizune is into kinky mute roleplay.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

It was all a dream.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Comrade wrote:It was all a dream.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:
Steinherz wrote:However, Aurelio Voltaire sounds fucking awesome, so it's a plus :lol:
That is a fucking awesome name. Who wouldn't wear that with pride?
I find it awesome that Voltaire's full birth name is Aurelio Voltaire Hernandez. I mean come on.
KeiichiO wrote:Also, it's been far too long since I've listened to Voltaire. The only song I can immediately think of off the top of my head is that brains song he sung in The Grim Adventure of Billy & Mandy...

---
Headcanon: Shizune is into kinky mute roleplay.
You mean "BRAINS!"? I'd recommend listening to the song "Riding a Black Unicorn Down the Side of an Erupting Volcano While Drinking from a Chalice Filled with the Laughter of Small Children" (yes, that's the actual full name of the song. It usually is just shortened to Riding a Black Unicorn)

And what kind of kinky mute roleplay? :wink:

---
Headcanon: Akira's boyfriend is actually Hideaki.
I also draw, kind of.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Ignoring the fact that that's, you know, fucked up... canon contradicts it.
Akira, in Presents and Presence, wrote:I'd have preferred to be spending the day on a date with my boyfriend, but...
And I actually tried to make things work a different way - Akira being in the closet and telling everyone she has a boyfriend, when she's actually seeing Hanako, but that didn't work either (it required Hanako to be massively out of character when getting onto her own route, and Akira being totally cool with being dumped hard (or being cheated on)).

Now, if we're gonna go with "fucked up"... this isn't quite my headcanon, but it's one way to go... Mayoi molested Hideaki, and Hiroyuki sheltered her from both Japanese prosecution and Jigoro. Shizune knows about it, Akira and Lilly know nothing about it, and Mayoi is the sick aunt they go to visit.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:You mean "BRAINS!"? I'd recommend listening to the song "Riding a Black Unicorn Down the Side of an Erupting Volcano While Drinking from a Chalice Filled with the Laughter of Small Children" (yes, that's the actual full name of the song. It usually is just shortened to Riding a Black Unicorn)
That was certainly, AHEM, different, but kinda ridiculously awesome. I'd like to see a full-length music video of this. I can imagine such a video would probably make my eyeballs projectile vomit rainbows.
And what kind of kinky mute roleplay? :wink:
The kind that involves various hand signs being used in whole new ways...
Headcanon: Akira's boyfriend is actually Hideaki.
There's a fanfic out there somewhere...
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Silentcook wrote:-Emi and Misha "experimented" toghether.
Actually my top Head-Canon.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

bhtooefr wrote:Ignoring the fact that that's, you know, fucked up... canon contradicts it.
Akira, in Presents and Presence, wrote:I'd have preferred to be spending the day on a date with my boyfriend, but...
And I actually tried to make things work a different way - Akira being in the closet and telling everyone she has a boyfriend, when she's actually seeing Hanako, but that didn't work either (it required Hanako to be massively out of character when getting onto her own route, and Akira being totally cool with being dumped hard (or being cheated on)).

Now, if we're gonna go with "fucked up"... this isn't quite my headcanon, but it's one way to go... Mayoi molested Hideaki, and Hiroyuki sheltered her from both Japanese prosecution and Jigoro. Shizune knows about it, Akira and Lilly know nothing about it, and Mayoi is the sick aunt they go to visit.
Holy shit that's pretty fucked up!
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

bhtooefr wrote:Ignoring the fact that that's, you know, fucked up... canon contradicts it.
It's not fucked up.

Cousins fucking are perfectly legal in Japan.
Plus they have different family names, which makes it even more legal. (I'm not even kidding)
I also draw, kind of.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

-- Kenji is a freaking stone genius. He doesn't go to class much because he really doesn't have to -- math he can work out on the fly. He's doing cutting-edge research into cryptography. It takes somebody amazingly smart to be that idiotically clueless.

-- Lilly's family came from the "hidden Christian" community around Nagasaki. Hence (1) the Christianity and (2) the scrambled genes.

-- Hanako winds up sharing a house with Misha in California. Not as lovers per se, but they both could use an environment that isn't Japan, one that is more tolerant.

-- Mayoi (Shizune's mother) got a sex change operation. That's why she'd never mentioned. My extreme headcanon is that Mayoi got a sex change and changed her name to Jigoro, causing Shizune's biological father to exit stage left.

-- Yamaku was founded just after WWII, mostly to help children crippled in bombings. It's dying as an institution; a combination of Japan's demographic winter plus greater willingness to mainstream disabled children means fewer and fewer students come each year.

-- Hanako was sexually molested in the orphanage by staff there. She got into Yamaku as part of the settlement.