The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain »

Sharp-O wrote:A multiversal Lagrange point where all space and time intersect... A Nexus, if you will. :wink:
It's the Library, I tell you! Something like what Castenada wrote. Or this...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

brythain wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Mutou's classroom is bigger than every other room on the corridor, almost twice as big as any other classroom in the building... Yet no room is smaller than it should be, to compensate. It's a running joke amongst the staff and students that Mutou's classroom has impossible dimensions.

[Timelord Technology Intensifies]
No, the whole of Yamaku is inside Mutou's classroom, which is why so much seems to happen in there. However, Kenji's room is also like that, which is why Yamaku has impossible chronology. The two of them have locked their rooms together in space and time by accident—that's a 10-4.
Ah, so that's why the school bell sounds like this.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

emmjay wrote:
brythain wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Mutou's classroom is bigger than every other room on the corridor, almost twice as big as any other classroom in the building... Yet no room is smaller than it should be, to compensate. It's a running joke amongst the staff and students that Mutou's classroom has impossible dimensions.

[Timelord Technology Intensifies]
No, the whole of Yamaku is inside Mutou's classroom, which is why so much seems to happen in there. However, Kenji's room is also like that, which is why Yamaku has impossible chronology. The two of them have locked their rooms together in space and time by accident—that's a 10-4.
Ah, so that's why the school bell sounds like this.
I think that's what the curfew bell sounds like. The school bell that sounds in between periods is pretty standard. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

A few random ones:
The BG characters designed and named after anime characters are not actually named that, those are just nicknames they picked up after people noticed the resemblance. (On a related note, Yamaku has a LOT of anime and manga fans.)
Rin has the most eclectic music collection Yamaku's ever seen.
Hanako hates most Disney animated movies, because of how many parents end up dead in them.
Miki collects Transformers. It started when someone gave her a beat-up old Shockwave as a (somewhat mean-spirited) gag gift, and she actually thought it was pretty cool. She does get a little frustrated transforming them one-handed, but enjoys the challenge at the same time.
Yamaku has its own version of the Hanako-san urban legend. Supposedly, she was one of the first students to attend Yamaku after it opened; she died in a bathroom stall after she cut herself and, being hemophiliac, bled out. According to the story, if you knock on the stall's door, ask if she's there, and then open the stall when she says yes, she'll be standing in the stall, and both she and the stall will be covered in blood.

Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

emmjay wrote:Miki collects Transformers. It started when someone gave her a beat-up old Shockwave as a (somewhat mean-spirited) gag gift, and she actually thought it was pretty cool. She does get a little frustrated transforming them one-handed, but enjoys the challenge at the same time.
This is relevant to my interests and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
fovis

Post by fovis »

I firmly believe that Hisao is adept at the hammered dulcimer but finds it to obscure to reveal, hence why in Hanako's route (i think) he says he doesn't have any hobbies besides reading whilst they are in the Shanghai..
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Hanako got a Nintendo DS as a graduation present from Lilly. Anytime she has a Pokemon battle, her opponent wonders how she does so well, considering she chooses her teams based on how cute they are.

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Hanako knows all the steps to the Thriller dance, and can rock Heavy songs on DDR without using the bar.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Hanako knows all the steps to the Thriller dance, and can rock Heavy songs on DDR without using the bar.
People just keep giving me excuses to link to this comic...
Expanding on my last post: Hanako's favorite Pokémon game is Sun/Moon. After all, it has a blond girl named Lillie as a major character. (Who dresses in white, which is "our" Lilly's favorite color.)

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Emi is the only main cast member that regularly watches TV.

If the TV is on and she's not doing something else, Rin will watch it regardless of what's on. She has no preferences, seemingly as interested in blockbuster hits as she is infomercials. On that note, she'll will also sometimes just get up and leave, regardless of what part of the show it's on. She could have been watching a two hour movie, and then just walk out ten minutes before it's over.

Shizune claims to not watch TV, but there's actually a cooking show she tends to watch whenever she gets the chance, partially because it's one of the few programs she knows that has anyone using sign language, and partially because she has a crush on the show's main cook.

Hanako will watch the same cartoons she used to watch as a kid if given the opportunity.

Akira takes great effort to pick out shows and movies that she thinks Lilly will be able to enjoy as well. Lilly doesn't have the heart to tell her that she doesn't care one way or another.

Misha doesn't get the chance to watch TV as much as she'd like. Shizune keeps her busy. She used to be a big fan of teenage dramas.
Not Dead Yet
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Kenji has aspirations toward politics but nobody takes him seriously. His dormitory fort is officially titled "Manistan". Manistan issues its own currency which Kenji often hands out during school events like festivals and assemblies.
Most of Yamaku's students who accept it at all use said currency for jotting down throwaway memos, disposing of chewed gum and such.

Rin accepts the notes when offered but simply puts them out of the way and forgets them. She has a huge cache of 'money' in her dorm and doesn't remember at all.
Shizune refuses to acknowledge any of it but secretly admires the general idea and has co-opted it for her own ambitions.
Misha actually tries to use them as legal tender at the teahouse.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

emmjay wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:Hanako knows all the steps to the Thriller dance, and can rock Heavy songs on DDR without using the bar.
People just keep giving me excuses to link to this comic...
Expanding on my last post: Hanako's favorite Pokémon game is Sun/Moon. After all, it has a blond girl named Lillie as a major character. (Who dresses in white, which is "our" Lilly's favorite color.)
That is the best picture EVER.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Every Yamaku school reunion starts with a memorial toast for those who've passed on since the last reunion.

Kenji is really cold-natured. I mean, he wears a jacket and scarf in summer! Guy probably keeps the heater on year-round.

Miki thinks Hanako is cute. If she had been able to befriend Hanako, she might have asked her out. (On a related note, part of the reason she encourages Hisao to pursue Hanako is because she doesn't want Hanako to be alone.)

Charmant

Post by Charmant »

emmjay wrote:Kenji is really cold-natured. I mean, he wears a jacket and scarf in summer! Guy probably keeps the heater on year-round.
Being cold-natured isn't the same thing as literally being cold.
And I figure the scarf is because he believes in lesbian vampires.