The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Leaty

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Leaty »

Gajzla wrote:I kind of what to see a cross over fic where she sneaks into Dumbledore office, just to listen to the hats voice.
If I ever really feel like stepping out of my comfort zone, I might just bang one out. Harry Potter has broad enough appeal that such a fic wouldn't be especially esoteric.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Gajzla wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Rin? Fuck knows, I'll let someone else answer that :lol:
dewelar wrote:That's obvious, no? She'd see herself being understood.
This, though i'm not sure how you would visualise being understood.
I'd hate to say it, but I always assumed the mirror only showed you what you physically most desire.
Things like people, trophies, outfits etc. etc.
Well, in her case, being understood might mean something like seeing people looking at her paintings and smiling / nodding knowingly.
Like, I can imagine her reflection being something surprisingly mundane like she's wearing a fez. :lol:
A pre-peeled orange?
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Psh, none of the Ks character can get into Hogwarts.

Only one is qualified: Kenji Setou

The reason he came up with the feminist theory and how often he lock himself in his room was because he has late-night whiskey binge-drinking with the sorting hat. Get it drunk, and it'll spout enough conspiracy theory that could last an entire generation :lol:

Another one I came up concerning the Nurse and his spotting of the dead involves his relationship with one particular female student. The student and him was in a relationship until she died due in her sleep--murdered--by a jealous fellow student. She remained there for weeks, her spirit constantly visiting the oblivious nurse as usual while the perpetrator 'covers' her death by filling in as the 'middleman', handing her homeworks and checking up on her. It wasn't until the odor escapes the room that it garnered police attention.

Although the murderer was apprehended, the restless spirit continuously visits the nurse. He figured it out, but kept it a secret in fear of it biting back and spirit him away. That weird smile of his? That's because she's there in that very room when Hisao is conversing with him.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Munchenhausen wrote:Like, I can imagine her reflection being something surprisingly mundane like she's wearing a fez. :lol:
[shimmie=2562]Or a top hat.[/shimmie] Although fezzes are cool... (As are bowties.)
Here's a thought: When the Sorting Hat is placed on Kenji's head, it asks, "Didn't I already get you?"
(Also, a plea to anyone writing a KS/HP crossover fic: Please, please find a way to keep Hanako out of Snape's Potions class. That's a heartbreak waiting to happen.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

Munchenhausen wrote: I'd hate to say it, but I always assumed the mirror only showed you what you physically most desire.
Things like people, trophies, outfits etc. etc.
Well Ron saw himself with trophies and the like, but it was only visualisation of what he really wanted.
emmjay wrote: (Also, a plea to anyone writing a KS/HP crossover fic: Please, please find a way to keep Hanako out of Snape's Potions class. That's a heartbreak waiting to happen.)
Ha, yeah that might not go well. Scars are about the only thing they can't heal, well scars and illness that are useful for the plot.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Megumeru wrote:Psh, none of the Ks characters can get into Hogwarts.
If you want to get really anal about it, I suppose you can point out that there are loads of different Wizardry Schools worldwide. Hogwarts was for all in the British Isles, I think the 'Salem Witches' Institute' was the one for North America, and after a quick google search, i can confirm that the Japanese wizardry school is named "The Mahoutokoro School of Magic".
So yeah, none of them would go to Hogwarts. They'd all be shipped to the Japanese school ;)
emmjay wrote: (Also, a plea to anyone writing a KS/HP crossover fic: Please, please find a way to keep Hanako out of Snape's Potions class. That's a heartbreak waiting to happen.)
Ehhh, I reckon she'd be fine if she kept her head down. Although you can't expect him to treat her nicer than he would anyone else, just because of her scars. That'd be discrimination :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Munchenhausen wrote: If you want to get really anal about it, I suppose you can point out that there are loads of different Wizardry Schools worldwide. Hogwarts was for all in the British Isles, I think the 'Salem Witches' Institute' was the one for North America, and after a quick google search, i can confirm that the Japanese wizardry school is named "The Mahoutokoro School of Magic".
So yeah, none of them would go to Hogwarts. They'd all be shipped to the Japanese school ;)
Is that official HP universe? •_•
For a magic school, it seemed so...bland in its naming sense. The name literally translates to 'magic place school of magic'. :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Apparently it is canon (although not in the main books), mentioned in Pottermore, and in Wonderbook: Book of Potions on PS3: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Mahoutokoro
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Munchenhausen wrote:So yeah, none of them would go to Hogwarts. They'd all be shipped to the Japanese school ;)
Well, if we are being pedantic, the only reason Lilly wouldn't go to Hogwarts is because her parents left her in Japan. If she'd been in Inverness at the time, she'd be eligible for a letter.

So maybe an AU, then, where the Satous all left Japan together and maybe even brought Shizune with them? That gets two of them in, at least.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Leaty wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:So yeah, none of them would go to Hogwarts. They'd all be shipped to the Japanese school ;)
Well, if we are being pedantic, the only reason Lilly wouldn't go to Hogwarts is because her parents left her in Japan. If she'd been in Inverness at the time, she'd be eligible for a letter.

So maybe an AU, then, where the Satous all left Japan together and maybe even brought Shizune with them? That gets two of them in, at least.
Make it a Sisterhood version and you'd get three of them in. 'Harry Potter and the Katawa Sisterhood' — I can see it already, in those nice Bloomsbury covers, not the angsty ones.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

Well surely there is a Yamaku wizard school? I don’t remember seeing any disabled students at Hogwart’s, so they must go to a school more suited for their needs. Let’s face it, moving staircases, trick steps and a poltergeist are not the ideal environment for the blind.

Also, again might be thinking to hard about this, but could shizune even perform magic? For most spells you to speak to cast, then again non-verbal spells are preformed through sheer force of will, and thats not lacking with her.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

I think that if I wanted to get non-Satou characters into Hogwarts, I'd do it by replacing canon Harry Potter characters with somewhat analogous KS ones.
Hanako Longbottom: "Ivegottogodosomething!"

*sprints out of the Hogwarts Library*
brythain

Post by brythain »

Leaty wrote:I think that if I wanted to get non-Satou characters into Hogwarts, I'd do it by replacing canon Harry Potter characters with somewhat analogous KS ones.
Hanako Longbottom: "Ivegottogodosomething!"

*sprints out of the Hogwarts Library*
It might end up like Katawa Kijo by dear old Mirage_GSM.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Hanako becomes a Death Eater. Overthrows Voldemort and conquers the world.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Gajzla wrote:Well surely there is a Yamaku wizard school? I don’t remember seeing any disabled students at Hogwart’s, so they must go to a school more suited for their needs. Let’s face it, moving staircases, trick steps and a poltergeist are not the ideal environment for the blind.
Consider that the percentage of any given nation's population being significantly disabled to the point that a regular school couldn't suffice is pretty low, and the percentage of the same nation being a witch/wizard are even lower.

Now imagine how much of the population would be both crippled AND magic :P Not nearly enough to justify building an entire school
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon