The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Satchel

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Satchel »

Misha's lack of volume control comes from beeing raised by a single, hearing-impaired parent. Hearing-impaired meaning not completely deaf, but so much that (possibly even with hearing aid) it was necessary to speak rather loud at all times. As this was her main person of reference this shaped her in this way so she has problems speaking with a lower volume. Besides this, it is the reason why she learned some sign language as the parent lost too much hearing later on, or all of it, and needed to start learning/using sign language on a regular basis, thus igniting Misha's interest in sign language and becoming a teacher in it.
I'm scared to get close, I hate being alone
I long for that feeling to not feel at all
The higher I get, the lower I'll sink
I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

At one point, Hanako would visit Lilly's room for company but had yet to come up with the nerve to actually talk to her. Once Lilly told Akira about this, Akira used to jokingly say that maybe her room was hanuted and referred to the mystery girl as “the Ghost”. On rare occasions, Akira still calls her the ghost when talking to Lilly. Lilly has mentioned the nickname once to Hanako, but Hanako didn't take it well and the topic was quickly dropped and soon forgotten.
Not Dead Yet
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

In contrast to his wife, Mr. Ibarazaki looked older than he actually was, but was actually a year younger than Meiko. (The two of them had a lot of fun with this when meeting new people.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Hisao accepts that he won't have a long life and so once he gets his much desired teaching job, he never sets money aside for retirement. However, advances in medical science and taking good care of his health puts a spanner in the gears. By the time he's in his late 40s, it finally dawns on him that he could well make it to retirement age and have nothing to live on but his state pension and so starts paying into the workplace pension. However, it proves too little, too late.
When forced to retire early at 60 (the retirement age having increased by 2049 thanks to Japan's aging population) following a heart attack he suffers while in class, the saved money is burnt through quickly. The situation is compounded when he is diagnosed with vascular dementia. With his home as his only remaining asset, he sells it to pay for care in the one of the increasingly common care homes. Several members of the staff are either immigrants or their children (some of whom Hisao taught), the result of a drive by the Japanese government to combat the population crisis.

This is another idea that has been swimming in my head for a while to act as a vision of Japan 40-50 years into the future with the story being told by from the perspective of Hisao’s Southeast Asian nurse and former student. Seeing this article on the beeb gave it more traction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35666274
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Rhodri wrote:Hisao accepts that he won't have a long life and so once he gets his much desired teaching job, he never sets money aside for retirement. However, advances in medical science and taking good care of his health puts a spanner in the gears. By the time he's in his late 40s, it finally dawns on him that he could well make it to retirement age and have nothing to live on but his state pension and so starts paying into the workplace pension. However, it proves too little, too late.
When forced to retire early at 60 (the retirement age having increased by 2049 thanks to Japan's aging population) following a heart attack he suffers while in class, the saved money is burnt through quickly. The situation is compounded when he is diagnosed with vascular dementia. With his home as his only remaining asset, he sells it to pay for care in the one of the increasingly common care homes. Several members of the staff are either immigrants or their children (some of whom Hisao taught), the result of a drive by the Japanese government to combat the population crisis.

This is another idea that has been swimming in my head for a while to act as a vision of Japan 40-50 years into the future with the story being told by from the perspective of Hisao’s Southeast Asian nurse and former student. Seeing this article on the beeb gave it more traction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35666274
Lesson learnt: the choice of Achilles is best—burn brightly, die young. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Lilly and Hisao's Honeymoon is spent visiting this museum. :wink:
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Mutou tried to become a vegetarian during his college days. That lasted a single long miserable week.

Although he rarely drinks, Nurse keeps a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of vodka locked up in his office for various medical purposes. He insists that any serious medical kit should have some alcohol in it. This is where Kenji's whiskey came from. He manged to steal it without anyone finding out.

During the time the game takes place, Nomiya's mother is gravely ill and isn't expected to make it. It's put him a bit more on edge than usual (although he still has never cared for Mutou.)

Molly doesn't remember how she lost her legs, due to it happening when she was young and possibly some suppressed memories. She does make references to having her legs "sawed off" but mostly because she thinks that sounds gruesome (or funny depending on her mood.)
Not Dead Yet
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

I'm on a fun fact binge and NEW HEADCANON: Emi graduated to MIT after Yamaku.

"American college, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, deems certain students who take courses in Pistol Marksmanship, Archery, Sailing and Fencing as certified ‘Pirates’."
Emi-chan

Post by Emi-chan »

Since Class 3-3 is the only class where the entirety of the class was fully shown, I'd like to think other classes might also have cameos of characters from other animes. There's a Mimori Togo cameo from Yuna Yuki is a Hero in one of the other classes in Yamaku, probably Class 3-4. She's on relatively decent terms with Emi. Since Togo is known for being good at baking sweets, she often shares them with Emi.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hanako has given quite a bit of thought to being a librarian. That's why she seemed surprised when Hisao mentioned he thought all librarian where neurotic and then amused when he mentioned he's never met one that can manage their time.
Not Dead Yet
WolfWarrior

Post by WolfWarrior »

To go along with the cameos, there's a Kei Shirogane cameo from Log Horizon in Class 3-1. He can't stand Shizune because he believes she abuses her disability to exert an unreasonable amount of pressure on students and representatives. Kei has a photographic memory to compensate for his own deafness.

Lilly actually had a guide dog when she was young, but she had to get rid of it after Akira discovered she was allergic to dogs.
"Burning Heart of Fire! Wolf Warrior! Defender of Truth!"

My writings:
Different Kinds of Chemistry : Prologue currently being proofread and edited.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

There was some inbreeding among Lilly's and Shizune's ancestors, several generations back. Let's face it: Cousins born within a year of each other, and both with a significant disability? Something's wrong with that family's genetics, somewhere.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

emmjay wrote:There was some inbreeding among Lilly's and Shizune's ancestors, several generations back. Let's face it: Cousins born within a year of each other, and both with a significant disability? Something's wrong with that family's genetics, somewhere.
Haha, I thought so too. It's one of the threads in 'After The Dream'. I blame the Satous.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
TubaMirum

Post by TubaMirum »

Kenji's anti-feminist persona is actually a front carefully constructed to mask his true purpose; Discovering and ratting those agents responsible for forcing Yamaku to transform from a dedicated school for the blind into what it is now, with the delusion that the Illuminati are seeking to turn Yamaku into a "normal" private high school in the coming years.

I might have grabbed the wrong drink this morning. :D
Gustav Mahler wrote:If you find you're boring your audience, go slower not faster.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

It's always been my headcanon that Misha is bi with a preference for females.