The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Eurobeatjester

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I have a headcanon that Rin and Emi got kicked out of a salon for trying to split a coupon for a free mani-pedi.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Eurobeatjester wrote:I have a headcanon that Rin and Emi got kicked out of a salon for trying to split a coupon for a free mani-pedi.
If i was that salon owner i would have accepted and and laughed my ass off at the same time.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Eurobeatjester wrote:I have a headcanon that Rin and Emi got kicked out of a salon for trying to split a coupon for a free mani-pedi.
That's reminds me of a story I heard (*) about two WW1 veterans, one who lost his left leg, and the other who had lost his right. Since they both wore the same shoe size, they got together once every year and chose a pair a shoes, for which they split the cost. Then one of the veterans took the left shoe and the other took the right.

(*)I believe it was on one of Paul Harvey's radio segments, but I'm not sure.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
brythain

Post by brythain »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
If i was that salon owner i would have accepted and and laughed my ass off at the same time.
That would have made three people missing body parts all at once. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Seems like it would actually be easier and/or faster to give a manicure to one person and a pedicure to another than both to the same person…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
vdawg1337

Post by vdawg1337 »

Aura was involved in an occult ritual that gave birth to the Miki curse.
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

vdawg1337 wrote:Aura was involved in an occult ritual that gave birth to the Miki curse.
The Miki...curse? :shock:

Is that like a curse where you're born with no left hand, or a curse where your route is briefly considered then dropped?
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

It's the curse where even if someone starts writing her route, they eventually become demoralized and give up before finishing.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Valjean Lafitte

bhtooefr wrote:It's the curse where even if someone starts writing her route, they eventually become demoralized and give up before finishing.
I wonder why. This is just an off-the-cuff theory as I have not read any of the unfinished Miki route fics, but perhaps the the source of that demoralization is trying too hard to infuse her story with "feels" and failing to do so? She seems like a pretty laid-back and cheerful person, so it's hard for me to imagine her with a tragic backstory (although I'm sure for someone as athletic as she is, her disability must have been at times quite painful to cope with).

That said, I do like the idea of Aura being the evil force behind such a curse. I may have gotten the wrong impression from the Ask! thread, but I think Suriko was interested in making a mini route/branch for Miki, and Aura was one of the first to oppose that proposal.
Last edited by Valjean Lafitte on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything."
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mind you, my headcanon is that it wouldn't work for orientation reasons - Miki's a lesbian in my headcanon. But, I think she could very easily be as good about putting on a mask as Lilly is, and that's why she appears so laid back...

(I actually have multiple headcanons of how a relationship between Miki and Hanako could have gone (and my headcanon is that one of them actually happened, I'm just not sure which), all of which ended badly because Miki pushed too hard without being open enough with Hanako, and Hanako overreacted. Most likely, it's one in which Miki gave up on Hanako because she wouldn't put out, and instead slept with someone else, because I'm thinking that colored Hanako's interactions with Hisao later.)
Last edited by bhtooefr on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Valjean Lafitte

bhtooefr wrote:Mind you, my headcanon is that it wouldn't work for orientation reasons - Miki's a lesbian in my headcanon. But, I think she could very easily be as good about putting on a mask as Lilly is...
As Lilly is?

Is she lesbian in your headcanon too? :mrgreen:
"Everything."
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

No, Lilly's completely straight in my headcanon, I should have clarified that I was referring to a way a Miki route could have feels - my headcanon is that Miki gives the impression of being laid back, but has a hell of a lot of internal drama that she doesn't let anyone else see, just like Lilly.

Going back to Lilly... I have two viewpoints on Lilly's opinions on homosexuality:
  1. She considers it "just a phase", and thinks that serious homosexual relationships can't happen, and is actually really judgmental of anyone that tries, but tries (and sometimes fails) to hide that.
  2. She's completely accepting of it, and is supportive of anyone she knows who comes out, even when nobody else is.
After Developments, my headcanon leans towards #2. In either case, I think it's actually part of her conflict with Shizune (if it's #1, Shizune's supportive of Misha's orientation and Lilly thinks that Shizune's making a mistake there, if it's #2, she resents how Shizune treats Misha especially after that confession), but #2 makes a little more sense. And, the way Developments handles these things explains so much about the Hakamichi family dynamic and requires that it be #2, so...

Oh, another part of my headcanon... Akira is conflicted. She's attracted to Hanako, but she knows it'd be incredibly wrong, so she instead ships Lilly with Hanako. Lilly knows this, and is kinda disgusted by it (no matter what her opinion on homosexuality is, and even if she weren't straight she'd feel that way - she'd be just as squicked by someone shipping her with Akira, as an example).
Valjean Lafitte

bhtooefr wrote:
(I actually have multiple headcanons of how a relationship between Miki and Hanako could have gone (and my headcanon is that one of them actually happened, I'm just not sure which), all of which ended badly because Miki pushed too hard without being open enough with Hanako, and Hanako overreacted. Most likely, it's one in which Miki gave up on Hanako because she wouldn't put out, and instead slept with someone else, because I'm thinking that colored Hanako's interactions with Hisao later.)
The first half interests me because it fits well enough with what Miki implies about by her trying to be friends with Hanako in the past (though I personally don't think Hanako is bisexual/curious), but the bolded...ehhh. That seems shallow and not at all like Miki to me..but, to each his own headcanon! :)
Going back to Lilly... I have two viewpoints on Lilly's opinions on homosexuality:

She considers it "just a phase", and thinks that serious homosexual relationships can't happen, and is actually really judgmental of anyone that tries, but tries (and sometimes fails) to hide that.
She's completely accepting of it, and is supportive of anyone she knows who comes out, even when nobody else is.
Her Catholic beliefs would seem to make #1 a distinct possibility, but I agree that her opinions are more of the #2 category, particularly as she doesn't seem very conservative in any other areas regarding sexuality.
"Everything."
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

bhtooefr wrote:Mind you, my headcanon is that it wouldn't work for orientation reasons - Miki's a lesbian in my headcanon. But, I think she could very easily be as good about putting on a mask as Lilly is, and that's why she appears so laid back...
I personally see Miki as more of a bisexual kind of person, just the way she acts. My headcannon is that she would be a person who would boast about her sexual encounters(or "kills" as I hear them being called); she just seems like someone who wouldn't be judgemental or too constrained by societal roles and such. I can also see her Dad as kind of a stickler for the old way of life(like 50s, not that old, but still...). I do like the idea of her putting on a mask though! :)
brythain

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:It's the curse where even if someone starts writing her route, they eventually become demoralized and give up before finishing.
I managed to do an epilogue, sort of... I don't know if I could do a route!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)