The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KeiichiO

The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by KeiichiO »

You wanted it, and you got it!

This is the place where you dump your personal headcanons for the universe of Katawa Shoujo, and discuss them with many of the lovely members of this forum. I shall start with one that I support.

---
I'd like to think that Rin is pretty into sex, and is open to to the concept. I kinda got this vibe from her after she simply let Hisao help get her off when he caught her masturbating, and again when he was helping her remove her wet clothing, and was kinda nudging him to make a move. It seems a bit odd how she'd let him make these moves when they're not even in a relationship, and that made me think that she's kinda been wanting it for awhile, and just needed the right person.

There you go. Feel free to leave your thoughts about it below, and contribute to the thread by leaving your personal KS headcanons~
brythain

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain »

I agree with KeiichiO's Rin — I think of her as having a rather objective sense of physical being.

I think of Lilly is being totally like Shizune in being competitive, except that she hides it better. That's why the only really big 'fight scene' in KS is between those two. I imagine Lilly being upset that Hisao wouldn't fight for her the way he might have fought to be with Shizune. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I personally don't think Lilly is that competitive most of the time. She does crank the competitiveness up to 11 when she's bickering with Shizune, but that's probably simply because it's Shizune she's dealing with. It's not unheard of for kids not minding losing to someone as long as it's not their little or big brother/sister. I think if it wasn't her own cousin she was dealing with, Lilly'd be tempted to back out of the argument for the sake of keeping the peace. But since it's Shizune, she can't bring herself to. Given the way Akira reacts to her sister's spat with her cousin, it's kind of like sibling rivalry, except between cousins.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Guest Poster wrote:I personally don't think Lilly is that competitive most of the time. She does crank the competitiveness up to 11 when she's bickering with Shizune, but that's probably simply because it's Shizune she's dealing with. It's not unheard of for kids not minding losing to someone as long as it's not their little or big brother/sister. I think if it wasn't her own cousin she was dealing with, Lilly'd be tempted to back out of the argument for the sake of keeping the peace. But since it's Shizune, she can't bring herself to. Given the way Akira reacts to her sister's spat with her cousin, it's kind of like sibling rivalry, except between cousins.
This is true. There's no real other instance where Lilly almost completely breaks her mannerly ways to tell someone how it is. It would be amusing if Lilly had a secret competitive nature, but I think she's far too amicable to really get into things of that nature. Plus, I could be uninformed, but I don't think there's much to be competitive about when you're blind...
brythain

Post by brythain »

KeiichiO wrote:There's no real other instance where Lilly almost completely breaks her mannerly ways to tell someone how it is. It would be amusing if Lilly had a secret competitive nature, but I think she's far too amicable to really get into things of that nature. Plus, I could be uninformed, but I don't think there's much to be competitive about when you're blind...
At the fishing competition in Saitama, Lilly is said to be 'just as interested in which is the bigger of the two [fish they've caught] as Shizune is'. It could be just that Shizune is a rival, as Guest Poster said, but people are complex, and that might be a trait which could surface in other situations. In my head-canon, Shizune is secretly pretty upset after the Lilly neutral ending because Lilly has 'won' Hisao's affections and appears to be 'squandering' her win.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

brythain wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:There's no real other instance where Lilly almost completely breaks her mannerly ways to tell someone how it is. It would be amusing if Lilly had a secret competitive nature, but I think she's far too amicable to really get into things of that nature. Plus, I could be uninformed, but I don't think there's much to be competitive about when you're blind...
At the fishing competition in Saitama, Lilly is said to be 'just as interested in which is the bigger of the two [fish they've caught] as Shizune is'. It could be just that Shizune is a rival, as Guest Poster said, but people are complex, and that might be a trait which could surface in other situations.
I think Shizune just brings out Lilly's inner competitor, though, I'm sure it could be brought out in certain circumstances, though, not quite in the same way. I could definitely see Lilly making a game out of various things in a playful fashion, kinda like Shizune. Such as sex, for example.
In my head-canon, Shizune is secretly pretty upset after the Lilly neutral ending because Lilly has 'won' Hisao's affections and appears to be 'squandering' her win
That would be kinda sad if it were true... Maybe Shizune could - in a lack of better words - make him forget about Lilly?
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

A headcanon thread?
Fantastic idea, actually :D
So, how long until this thread is completely derailed, just like the once glorious Achievements Thread? (;

I believe Takashi and Taro are bros. An aggressive little so-and-so matched with the gentle giant :P
In the background of the routes they're Hisao's guy friends that he jokes about boobies and plays poker with, and the like. Sometimes, Takashi tries to formulate plans to sneak into the girl's dorm after curfew and Taro just laughs and humours him, never actually taking them as seriously as his earless(?) friend does.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

>Official
>Headcanon

Pick one. :roll:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Atario

Post by Atario »

KeiichiO wrote:Rin

seems a bit odd how she'd let him make these moves when they're not even in a relationship
I don't feel like Rin is into the whole "official status" thing.
brythain wrote:In my head-canon, Shizune is secretly pretty upset after the Lilly neutral ending because Lilly has 'won' Hisao's affections and appears to be 'squandering' her win.
But recall what Shizune said about what happens after winning or losing. You just discard it and go on to the next — throw away that poster you worked so hard on.
Munchenhausen wrote:So, how long until this thread is completely derailed, just like the once glorious Achievements Thread? (;
Ahhh. I still miss that thread sometimes. One of the funnest things that's happened on this board. Therefore doomed, of course.
I believe Takashi and Taro are bros. An aggressive little so-and-so matched with the gentle giant :P
"Tell me about the rabbits again, George Takashi!"
Silentcook wrote:>Official
>Headcanon

"The Official (KS Headcanon Thread)", not "The (Official KS Headcanon) Thread".
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Silentcook wrote:>Official
>Headcanon

The title was a little joke. Other forums that I frequent have threads with the word 'official' in the title to make them sound, well, more official, and it really isn't necessary. Also, oxymorons are fun :P
Atario wrote:I don't feel like Rin is into the whole "official status" thing.
I think so too.
El Zilcho

Post by El Zilcho »

- Some time after Lilly's neutral ending, Hisao and Hanako start a relationship, which turns out well partially due to Hanako becoming more outgoing in Lilly's route.

- This one's a bit off-the-wall and there's probably some in-game information I've forgotten that makes it invalid: The accident that killed Emi's father involved more than one vehicle...and Shizune's mother was in the other car or one of the other cars. This is the reason Shizune and Emi don't socialize much; not that either 'blames' the other's parent, they just aren't very comfortable interacting with each other after that shared tragedy.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

KeiichiO wrote:There's no real other instance where Lilly almost completely breaks her mannerly ways to tell someone how it is. It would be amusing if Lilly had a secret competitive nature, but I think she's far too amicable to really get into things of that nature.
I think this is exactly the case. I think it's also why she often reacts so poorly to her confrontations with Shizune -- coming out from behind her mask is anathema to her (see the scene where she trips over Kenji).
Plus, I could be uninformed, but I don't think there's much to be competitive about when you're blind...
As someone who's blind himself, and spends a lot of time around others who are also blind, allow me to say:

Pfffffft...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Heh...heh...um... HAHAHAHAHA...ha...ha...ha...

*catches breath*

Sorry. That made my morning, it did :) .
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

dewelar wrote:
Plus, I could be uninformed, but I don't think there's much to be competitive about when you're blind...
As someone who's blind himself, and spends a lot of time around others who are also blind, allow me to say:

Pfffffft...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Heh...heh...um... HAHAHAHAHA...ha...ha...ha...

*catches breath*

Sorry. That made my morning, it did :) .
Well, the mixture of blindness and a polite, nonchalant demeanor...
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:I believe Takashi and Taro are bros. An aggressive little so-and-so matched with the gentle giant :P
"Tell me about the rabbits again, George Takashi!"
NO.
NO.
YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW.
y u do this
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Let's see...

Akira and Hanako are both either bi or pansexual and attracted to one another - neither have ever acted on it because they both know it's a horrible idea that would never work. (At least during the timeline of the VN.)

Miki has been attracted to Hanako in the past, and scared her off. (I actually have another idea for Miki being acquainted with Hanako, but it's not my headcanon. I still kinda want to explore it, though.)

As sweet as Hanako is, there's a part of her that is abusively sarcastic. It's usually aimed at herself, but occasionally it's aimed at someone like Lilly.

Emi is straight, but also trysexual, and she's tried with at least one girl. She doesn't like talking about it.

Rin is genderfluid and pansexual.

Shizune isn't a domme, she's a switch. She's more about the struggle, than the actual domination, and finds it even hotter if she loses the struggle and becomes the sub.

Emi and Hanako would be very close friends if the situation allowed for it, and Emi had a reason to open up. (This is supported by The Purest Form of Love, and some events in Developments.)

Hanako's totally into steampunk.

Emi's idol is Aimee Mullins. (Sorry, NekoDude, I don't think it's Alex Zanardi, although I think she does look up to him.) Then again, I suspect that the devs were intentionally trying to invoke Aimee Mullins with Emi, so...

Hanako's mother was an architect. Totally from H29 - Future, but it actually shapes my view of a lot of Hanako's own thought processes, as well as her future. Architecture is an interesting intersection of elements of both engineering and art, and actually meshes well with my headcanon of how Hanako looks at the world. Hanako has an artistic flair, but at the same time, an inherently logical thought process (one that's unfortunately shaped by crippling anxiety, giving it incorrect data). And, also, architecture is an extremely male-dominated industry, and her mother's perseverance through such a gender balance, and keeping at her career even after childbirth (working from home, but still, continuing to work) is echoed in Hanako's (much harder) struggle to persevere through her hardships, as well as both of their passions for what they do. To be honest, I could see Hanako wanting to do game design - it requires both artistry as well as a logical mind, and works off of her interests in games, storytelling, and her knowledge of computers - although the video game industry currently is incredibly toxic to women (and Hanako might actually get it WORSE in the game industry today than she did in elementary school).
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!