The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Valjean Lafitte

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

I think I might shared this one before, but my headcanon is that Lilly's Act 4 appearance in Shizune's route isn't a script error, but that Hisao is actually having tea with Lilly's doppelgänger. When Hisao remembers, months later, that Lilly would have been in Scotland at that time, he quite naturally has a heart attack. :lol:
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:I think I might shared this one before, but my headcanon is that Lilly's Act 4 appearance in Shizune's route isn't a script error, but that Hisao is actually having tea with Lilly's doppelgänger. When Hisao remembers, months later, that Lilly would have been in Scotland at that time, he quite naturally has a heart attack. :lol:
Just want to point out that your theory requires the existence of two Lillys in the world. To quote Jack Harkness, "I can't tell you what I'm thinking right now."
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

emmjay wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:I think I might shared this one before, but my headcanon is that Lilly's Act 4 appearance in Shizune's route isn't a script error, but that Hisao is actually having tea with Lilly's doppelgänger. When Hisao remembers, months later, that Lilly would have been in Scotland at that time, he quite naturally has a heart attack. :lol:
Just want to point out that your theory requires the existence of two Lillys in the world. To quote Jack Harkness, "I can't tell you what I'm thinking right now."
Or none, if they're all ghosts... the world of the Japanese supernatural is a very strange one indeed.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

Here's some Misha headcanon...

She's loud and obnoxious on purpose, to scare people away from Shizune. This way, Misha can keep Shizune all to herself. Misha also misquotes Shizune from time to time, which reinforces my idea of this.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:
emmjay wrote:
Or none, if they're all ghosts... the world of the Japanese supernatural is a very strange one indeed.
If it is doppelganger, I think if I recall correctly, the existence of such is mostly western. Japanese supernatural and paranormal materials often links to a 'soul' of the once-living or the gods/spirits that inhabit certain areas (which are usually shinto/buddhist related).

Just for 'kicks', Lilly in Shizune act 4 was just her 'soul' after she died in a plane accident--now her ghost was trapped/binded to Yamaku for her strong attachment to the particular place. Upon learning that, Lilly's 'ghost' appeared before Hisao and took him away. :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Megumeru...That's fucked up. :lol:
brythain

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:If it is doppelganger, I think if I recall correctly, the existence of such is mostly western. Japanese supernatural and paranormal materials often links to a 'soul' of the once-living or the gods/spirits that inhabit certain areas (which are usually shinto/buddhist related).

Just for 'kicks', Lilly in Shizune act 4 was just her 'soul' after she died in a plane accident--now her ghost was trapped/binded to Yamaku for her strong attachment to the particular place. Upon learning that, Lilly's 'ghost' appeared before Hisao and took him away. :lol:
I think there's one doppelgänger in 'The Tale of Genji' — some noblewoman who is Genji's lover has her spirit deployed over a distance, while she's still alive, to cause trouble to Genji's wife. As for the second one, now you're just riffing off your vastly entertaining fanfic. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

brythain wrote: I think there's one doppelgänger in 'The Tale of Genji' — some noblewoman who is Genji's lover has her spirit deployed over a distance, while she's still alive, to cause trouble to Genji's wife. As for the second one, now you're just riffing off your vastly entertaining fanfic. :D
Huh, even if it was a riff-off, I think it's a rather interesting, if outlandish, theory.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:
Megumeru wrote:If it is doppelganger, I think if I recall correctly, the existence of such is mostly western. Japanese supernatural and paranormal materials often links to a 'soul' of the once-living or the gods/spirits that inhabit certain areas (which are usually shinto/buddhist related).

I think there's one doppelgänger in 'The Tale of Genji' — some noblewoman who is Genji's lover has her spirit deployed over a distance, while she's still alive, to cause trouble to Genji's wife. As for the second one, now you're just riffing off your vastly entertaining fanfic. :D
That wasn't a doppleganger though as it is more of a case of 'spiritual disembodiment'--it was Rokujyou Utsusemi I think? I can't remember the details clearly. And that's the disembodiment of one super-jealous woman :lol:

And hey, I did my little research too for that fanfic :p
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

My headcanon is that Hanako was actually adopted at birth by the Ikezawas. She also had a twin sister, who remained with their mother, an underage single mom when the twins were born. The father was actually Lily and Akira's father, who was two-timing their mother at the time. The Satous forced the father to remain with the Scot (when previously, they had tried to force them apart) and forced Hanako's mother to separate the twins.
Last edited by YZQ on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

My official headcanon is that just about all of the characterizations in my books are correct. Miki really is a shrewd and manipulative, callous bitch with a penchant for ruthlessness and violence. Lilly really is a snarky beast inside, with a polite veneer. Hanako really is an alcoholic waiting to happen, and bisexual as well. Suzu really is a stimulant addict waiting to happen. Hisao really is a lump of dough waiting to be molded and baked by a personality stronger than himself. Lilly really is not Hiroyuki's daughter, but the product of an affair. (Just look at her, she doesn't look like a hybrid. Akira does.)

What, I didn't actually write that last one yet? My bad. :lol:
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

So, I reckon Lily's real father is some Scottish boyfriend of her mother's?
Last edited by YZQ on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
kimono

Post by kimono »

Hey hello, I wanted to share some of my headcanon for a while too, so it goes. I hope it's not repeated, I haven't read the entire post yet, sine I am new and everything:

- Yuuko is obviously Kenji's ex-girlfriend, and they come back after the game, maybe as friends, maybe as couple, depending on Hisao's advices (how close are they, a thing it changes depending of the route you're on).

- Rin's route or Hanako's route are the "official" routes, I mean, the routes that Hisao would get if we were not guiding him (the reasons are basically that he's very closed in himself while he's in the hospital, and that he likes to read books and spending time in the library.)

- Rin's bad ending end actually ends up in the same place as Rin's good ending. Maybe with some diferences, though. It's not only that in both endings we have the exact same discussion but in different places (that's quite a bit for foreshadowing for me already) but what happens in the good ending: Hisao ends up tired of Rin, and they don't talk until she has the art exposition. I think that two or three weeks pass before Rin's exposition, her break-up due to pressure and then the conversation outside the gallery which ends up in Hisao's final choice.
Thinking about it, it would happen the same in Rin's bad ending. Hisao ends up fed with Rin because she's impossible to understand, yes, he doesn't try to understand her, unlike in her good ending, yes... but even with that, he would end up in Rin's exposition anyway. I think this is important, because (in my opinion) this is the place where you see that Rin's behaviour with Hisao during act 3 (and the reason why he gets upset with her in the bad ending) is weird, yes, and treats Hisao pretty bad, but in the art exposition (aka final choice during her route) Hisao sees that she's really like that, and she doesn't want to make people upset but she can't avoid it. In her words, "I don't know what's wrong with me" :) and this leads to her good ending.

Quick resume: In Rin's bad ending Hisao would still think about what he did (his time with Iwanako would help about it), go to the exposition (because, even if you are angry with your friend, it's not that you're not going to see something so important for her, especially after how many time Hisao and Rin have been through) which leads to Rin's route final choice, and then to her good (or neutral) ending.

- The reason why Lilly and Shizune "hate" each other is Lilly's fault. Long story short, Lilly is as dominant as Shizune, but in her own way. When Lilly's comes back to Shizune after the student cou, it does that to help her, sure, but in her own way, and this lead to the discussion we see in act 1.
The difference between Lilly and Shizune is that the last one is deaf-mute and she clearly has some problems with expressing herself that Lilly (as her cousin) should know.

And that's all, for now at least :lol: .
P.D. Excuse my english mistakes.
Routes: Lily>Rin>Hanako>Emi>Shizune
brythain

Post by brythain »

kimono wrote:Hey hello, I wanted to share some of my headcanon for a while too, so it goes. I hope it's not repeated, I haven't read the entire post yet, sine I am new and everything:
/
/
And that's all, for now at least :lol: .
P.D. Excuse my english mistakes.
Excellent! Sounds very reasonable. :)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Emi played Sonic once and thought it was pretty cool.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"