The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rhodri

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Rhodri »

Now that we have a semi-offical Miki route, this is for all those people who had Headcanon, fanfics ideas (myself included) or have written whole routes about Miki and Suzu:

Last edited by Rhodri on Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

My headcanon in two regards (not having read the Hisao branch yet) has been contradicted hard.

In fact, I didn't quite get that the Suzu branch was actually a Miki x Suzu route before reading it, probably because my headcanon was so ridiculously firmly that Suzu was straight as an arrow, and in fact had to turn down advances from Miki. Seeing how little we knew of Suzu outside of third-party fanfic, though, screw it, I can accept that headcanon.

The other regard, though, is Miki having no actual history with Hanako, just working off the rumor mill. That, I still think the VN contradicts - even if it's not much, there's something that happened there. (I like to think quite a lot more happened than just a failed friendship, but really, even that would work.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Summer's Clover has definitely altered my headcanon (especially regarding Miki's background) but in the end, it isn't hard-and-fast canon. So I can still, for instance, think of Suzu as straight, if I want to. On the other hand, Tsubasa is totally canon, as far as I'm concerned.
EDIT: Spoiler-tagged a fairly major plot point. Oops.
Last edited by emmjay on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

emmjay wrote:Summer's Clover has definitely altered my headcanon (especially regarding Miki's background) but in the end, it isn't hard-and-fast canon. So I can still, for instance, think of Suzu as straight, if I want to. On the other hand, Tsubasa is totally canon, as far as I'm concerned.
I think Tsubasa is an excellent foil for Akira. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

An unexpected plot point in the Miki route and a fic I was writing which was entirely dependent on Suzu having an interest in guys, all ruined in one unmarked spoiler. Excellent.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:An unexpected plot point in the Miki route and a fic I was writing which was entirely dependent on Suzu having an interest in guys, all ruined in one unmarked spoiler. Excellent.
Nah, it shouldn't ruin anything. Suriko specifically stated that his story isn't canon. I still think of Suzu as straight, though more by the conventions of Scissorlips's story.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Valjean Lafitte

ParagonTerminus wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:An unexpected plot point in the Miki route and a fic I was writing which was entirely dependent on Suzu having an interest in guys, all ruined in one unmarked spoiler. Excellent.
Nah, it shouldn't ruin anything. Suriko specifically stated that his story isn't canon. I still think of Suzu as straight, though more by the conventions of Scissorlips's story.
Suriko says that, but he was the one who created Miki as well as the only "source document" we had for characters like Suzu: the famous 3-3 "yearbook" picture on the Mishimmie. Plus it's based off of ideas he had during the development of KS, which means if there if would have been have a Miki subroute, it might have looked something like that fic. I'm not going to argue with anyone who thinks it isn't canon, but it's close enough for me.

Anyway, there was a very specific reason why the story I was writing had to agree with the established canon. I'm only on the fifth chapter of the common path, and so far it looks like Suzu is starting to dig Hisao, so her being a straight lesbian is news to me.
Last edited by Valjean Lafitte on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Everything."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:
Suriko says that, but he was the one who created Miki as well as the only "source document" we had for characters like Suzu: the famous 3-3 "yearbook" picture on the Mishimmie. Plus it's based off of ideas he had during the development of KS, which means if there if would have been have a Miki subroute, it might have looked something like that fic. I'm not going to argue with anyone who thinks it isn't canon, but it's close enough for me.
It's okay to argue interpretation. However, if a dev says it's officially not canon, it's not canon. It's a different matter from primacy of reader over author, that kind of stuff.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Valjean Lafitte

brythain wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:
It's okay to argue interpretation. However, if a dev says it's officially not canon, it's not canon. It's a different matter from primacy of reader over author, that kind of stuff.
Normally I'd agree, but if the developer's "word of God" was always taken a such it would mean that only what it is in the game is canon; if we accept that, we also must accept that Suzu is just a blue haired girl with a leg brace, with no name and no known disability. The way I see it it's a game of pick-and-choose, where each person must decide where the line is drawn between game canon and developer opinion. For my own view of KS canon, I just choose to side with whatever Suriko's opinions are of the characters he created.

Anyway, I came across as really bitchy back there, didn't I? Rough night, rough week, rough everything, but it's still no excuse for getting so snippy. Sorry, emmjay. :oops:
"Everything."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:The way I see it it's a game of pick-and-choose, where each person must decide where the line is drawn between game canon and developer opinion. For my own view of KS canon, I just choose to side with whatever Suriko's opinions are of the characters he created.
Then you'd have to treat Suriko as just another author, and that would mean that his take doesn't have to ruin your day, so have a happy new year! :)
Valjean Lafitte

brythain wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:The way I see it it's a game of pick-and-choose, where each person must decide where the line is drawn between game canon and developer opinion. For my own view of KS canon, I just choose to side with whatever Suriko's opinions are of the characters he created.
Then you'd have to treat Suriko as just another author, and that would mean that his take doesn't have to ruin your day, so have a happy new year! :)
Not my day, but my fic...maybe. ;)

I PM'd the whole story-behind-the-story to you, so please check your inbox. :)
"Everything."
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

I still haven't read that new route...But I imagine it will ruin the fanfic I planned. :(
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

I'll get around reading the miki fic soon I'm sure, whenever im not feeling too lazy :/

Soon... ish.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Charmant wrote:I still haven't read that new route...But I imagine it will ruin the fanfic I planned. :(
Only if a) you were going to write the same thing; b) you think of it as incontrovertible canon. :)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:
Charmant wrote:I still haven't read that new route...But I imagine it will ruin the fanfic I planned. :(
Only if a) you were going to write the same thing; b) you think of it as incontrovertible canon. :)
Or c) people kvetching about you not sticking to quasi-canon is extraordinarily bothersome to you :wink:.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!