The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Munchenhausen »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Same could be said for Emi, actually... Who's to say she wasn't also bullied for becoming a pegleg?
I reckon she was. After all, children are dickheads.
I've known of cases where students have ostracized disabled classmates as well as cases where other students have rallied around disabled classmates. Thus, to say that all children are dickheads is to paint a picture with too broad a brush. It would be more accurate to say that all children have the potential to be dickheads (just like adults).
Fair point. Let me rephrase.
After all, humans are dickheads.
The interesting question would be: Why did Hanako get the full-on bullying treatment, and not Emi? Did it really come down to just the visible scarring or was there something else?
Who's to say she didn't get bullied as badly as Hanako?
I'd say the main difference would have been Emi still had her mother and any potential grandparents/aunts & uncles if things got too bad. She still had a home to go to, somewhere away from the able-bodied dickflaps who potentially mocked her.
Hanako just had an orphanage and some piles of ash.

I mean, why would a child want to bully someone because of scarring but not because of amputation? I don't think they would, they'd bully Emi just as badly as Hanako was bullied, but Emi had supporting family around her.
Plus Emi didn't have her mother screaming in agony on top of her until her throat burnt dry and she finally died.
That'd probably have an effect on her psyche
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

There was no hiding Hanako's scarring, no matter how much she tried, and she was shockingly different visually, in a culture that, as I understand, looks down on those that stand out.

Meanwhile, given that Emi skipped school to relearn how to walk and then run, when she returned to school, she could probably sufficiently hide her amputations such that it looked like she just walked a bit funny, and otherwise looked rather young but normal.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

bhtooefr wrote:Meanwhile, given that Emi skipped school to relearn how to walk and then run, when she returned to school, she could probably sufficiently hide her amputations such that it looked like she just walked a bit funny, and otherwise looked rather young but normal.
True. Also, it's a lot easier to hide two prosthetic legs than only one. Just ask Taka-Taka :wink:.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Rallying around a disabled classmate can be just as dickish as ostracizing them, honestly.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Silentcook wrote:
brythain wrote:Emi was poplar, while Hanako was more willowy.
...and you are pruned. Sorry Corner. :evil:
Aww, leaf the poor guy alone. Let him branch out. 8)
Regarding bullying: For someone inclined to do so, Hanako would be more "fun" to bully. Emi would shrug it off, or let loose a good retort. (Or unleash the previously mentioned Puppy Dog Eyes of Doom.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Emi is also athletic. She's a very fast runner, so she'd have the advantage of being a prime pick for teams during gym class and sports. Also after her accident Emi started keeping people at arms length, so she would have been the one distancing herself.

That also got me thinking about Emi's past relationships. I think Emi lost her virginity to her previous boyfriend during one of the periods she was stuck in a wheelchair. Her boyfriend noticed something was off, and while he didn't try to confront her about it, he did try to be there for her. Emi got him to have sex with her, as a way of distracting her from her nightmares. But when he realized they weren't actually any closer, he broke off the relationship, not just wanting to be her glorified sex toy.

Also for some reason I think Saki is another girl with a healthy adolescent sex drive.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

emmjay wrote: Regarding bullying: For someone inclined to do so, Hanako would be more "fun" to bully. Emi would shrug it off, or let loose a good retort. (Or unleash the previously mentioned Puppy Dog Eyes of Doom.)
Aye, that's a good point.
One thing to consider is how their reactions may differ as time went on, though.
Say, a few years after the incidents, they may well have gone completely separate ways.

I'd imagine Hanako's longterm reaction would be her developing her Chihuahua-like personality. Before the bullying, after the bullying, if no bullying happened at all, if you're friendly to her or if you kick her; All she would do was shudder and avoid everyone. When her reaction is he same regardless of initial action, if any at all, the act becomes rather pointless. It becomes more of a thing that you do because you always do it, you take it for granted. You start to bully her passively.

Emi, on the other hand, I can imagine starting to react against the bullies. Calling her 'pegleg' would make her spin around and start yelling at you, a more violent reaction. A short, tiny little lady pointing at you and raising her voice in anger. This, as you can imagine, would be quite funny. Bonus points if you agitate her to the point where she'd swing a punch at you, since it likely wouldn't do much damage at all; just as amusing. They'd be actively picking on her, to cause one of those reactions.

Alas, we can't really know for sure how they would react. All we do know is that Hanako is more openly fucked up than Emi is, and probably had the worst bullying in comparison.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Negativedarke wrote:Also for some reason I think Saki is another girl with a healthy adolescent sex drive.
Makes sense to me.
If she's gonna die young, I could see her wanting to get the most out of life in every way possible.
Kinda like Noriko from Developments, IIRC
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Alpacalypse wrote:
Negativedarke wrote:Also for some reason I think Saki is another girl with a healthy adolescent sex drive.
Makes sense to me.
If she's gonna die young, I could see her wanting to get the most out of life in every way possible.
Kinda like Noriko from Developments, IIRC
And I believe Saki wouldn't disguise it like Lilly did :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

No, I imagine she definitely would not :P
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Also I imagine that actual intercourse would take a while to get to. I mean that her h-scenes would be more oriented around acts other than intercourse, with the first time having actual sex being something that only happens on the good ending.

Speaking of Saki's endings, I figure that in the bad ending the epilogue would be Hisao stumbling across Saki's obituary, and the good ending would be him being with her as she passes on.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
brythain

Post by brythain »

Negativedarke wrote:Also I imagine that actual intercourse would take a while to get to. I mean that her h-scenes would be more oriented around acts other than intercourse, with the first time having actual sex being something that only happens on the good ending.

Speaking of Saki's endings, I figure that in the bad ending the epilogue would be Hisao stumbling across Saki's obituary, and the good ending would be him being with her as she passes on.
More excellent fanfic ideas...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

brythain wrote:
Negativedarke wrote:Also I imagine that actual intercourse would take a while to get to. I mean that her h-scenes would be more oriented around acts other than intercourse, with the first time having actual sex being something that only happens on the good ending.

More excellent fanfic ideas...
And depressing ones :lol:

Because everyone decides that Saki's running on borrowed time because why the hell not? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Steinherz wrote:
brythain wrote:More excellent fanfic ideas...

Because everyone decides that Saki's running on borrowed time because why the hell not? :lol:
I can just imagine the beautiful 'good ending' where they consummate their relationship and Hisao wakes up and she's... gone.
So people get the 'bad ending' where he only finds out in the obituary, sheds a tear, and then goes out with Shizune—and they decide, well maybe that's a better ending than the 'good ending'
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

brythain wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
brythain wrote:More excellent fanfic ideas...

I can just imagine the beautiful 'good ending' where they consummate their relationship and Hisao wakes up and she's... gone.
So people get the 'bad ending' where he only finds out in the obituary, sheds a tear, and then goes out with Shizune—and they decide, well maybe that's a better ending than the 'good ending'
I'd be manly-tears-ing for days over that.
That's just mean.

Also, IIRC, spinocerebellar ataxia rarely kills somebody in under 5 years and, if she can still get around on a cane, then it seems likely that Saki's only in early stages, so that route would end up being really, really long (please correct me if I'm wrong on that) :P
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.