The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Gajzla

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Gajzla »

Katawa Shoujo: Where waking up to find your girlfriend dead is the good ending.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Alpacalypse wrote:Also, IIRC, spinocerebellar ataxia rarely kills somebody in under 5 years and, if she can still get around on a cane, then it seems likely that Saki's only in early stages, so that route would end up being really, really long (please correct me if I'm wrong on that) :P
Well, my main source is here. In my headcanon, it's SCA-1, common in Japan.

Summary here: onset age 4 to 74 yrs, course— disabled 5 years after onset, bedridden 10 years after onset, death 10 to 20 years after onset. So if she started young, well... she knows the story. :(
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

brythain wrote:
Alpacalypse wrote:Also, IIRC, spinocerebellar ataxia rarely kills somebody in under 5 years and, if she can still get around on a cane, then it seems likely that Saki's only in early stages, so that route would end up being really, really long (please correct me if I'm wrong on that) :P

Summary here: onset age 4 to 74 yrs, course— disabled 5 years after onset, bedridden 10 years after onset, death 10 to 20 years after onset. So if she started young, well... she knows the story. :(
Fair enough, but by that description, she's still in the "Disabled" stage, so I doubt she'd die that soon.

It would make for what would probably be the most depressing route in KS, though.
I second Gajzla on that front.

Either way, thank you for clarifying that, I read the material that I did on the subject quite a while ago, so it's not hugely surprising I forgot quite a lot of it :roll:
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
brythain

Post by brythain »

You're very welcome... this is the headcanon thread after all, so I was just sharing the path I took to get there. :)
Alpacalypse wrote:Fair enough, but by that description, she's still in the "Disabled" stage, so I doubt she'd die that soon.
Ah, yes. Well, headcanon again — Saki actually has onset around 8 years (which would be in 1997), but no one notices. What follows can be found in Natsume's arc in my headcanon here, if you're interested in some Saki-based sadness.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

brythain wrote:You're very welcome... this is the headcanon thread after all, so I was just sharing the path I took to get there. :)
Alpacalypse wrote:Fair enough, but by that description, she's still in the "Disabled" stage, so I doubt she'd die that soon.
Ah, yes. Well, headcanon again — Saki actually has onset around 8 years (which would be in 1997), but no one notices. What follows can be found in Natsume's arc in my headcanon here, if you're interested in some Saki-based sadness.
Goddammit, and I was having such a happy day, too :lol:
Now, I just need to figure out which order I'm supposed to read AtD in... and find a spare fortnight to read it... this might take a while.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

brythain wrote: What follows can be found in Natsume's arc in my headcanon here, if you're interested in some Saki-based sadness.

Its a feels trap! :D
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Alpacalypse wrote:
brythain wrote:

Fair enough, but by that description, she's still in the "Disabled" stage, so I doubt she'd die that soon.

It would make for what would probably be the most depressing route in KS, though.
I second Gajzla on that front.

Either way, thank you for clarifying that, I read the material that I did on the subject quite a while ago, so it's not hugely surprising I forgot quite a lot of it :roll:
However, there ARE non-lethal versions of SCA. But no one here seems to notice/care about them :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

While we’re on the subject of Saki and the nature of her ‘good’ end, first I’ll give you basics on my idea for a Saki route.

Hisao joins the photography club and develops a habit of taking a camera everywhere he goes. When the club decides to do a joint project with the art club, he meets Saki. After club activities one day, she challenges him (in this route, he would be physically weak) to climb the hill behind the school with her. Both are completely exhausted when they reach the top during the golden hour of sunset. Saki is proud of their achievement and further elaborates that she dreams of climbing a mountain one day. Hisao takes a photo of her as she stands defiantly in the evening light. In that moment, he falls for her. At the resolution of the route, Saki reveals the mountain climb is an item on her vast bucket list. They vow to complete it together.

Epilogue

Hisao is at the summit of Mount Zao. At just over 6000ft, it is the highest mountain in Miyagi Prefecture (and around 20 or so miles from where Yamaku would roughly be). He pulls out the bucket list, crosses off the final item ‘climb a mountain’, puts it in a framed collage and places it at the base of a small cairn he has built, on top of which is Saki’s crutch. Tears welling up, Hisao mutters “We’ve done it Saki” and leaves. Focus on the collage, which shows all of their globetrotting adventures together and Saki’s gradual deterioration e.g. standing in front of Itsukushima Shrine during Tanabata, climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge, swimming with dolphins, Hisao carrying a laughing Saki up the steps of Montmartre, Saki in a wheelchair with a nasal cannula posing next to a Foot Guardsman, defiantly smiling while surrounded by Hisao and her family at her deathbed etc.

At the centre of the collage: the photo that Hisao took all those years ago: Saki on top of the hill in all her radiant beauty. Fade to white.
Last edited by Rhodri on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Rhodri wrote:While we’re on the subject of Saki and the nature of her ‘good’ end, first I’ll give you basics on my idea for a Saki route.

Hisao joins the photography club and develops a habit of taking a camera everywhere he goes. When the club decides to do a joint project with the art club, he meets Saki. After club activities one day, she challenges him (in this route, he would be physically weak) to climb the hill behind the school with her. Both are completely exhausted when they reach the top during the golden hour of sunset. Saki is proud of their achievement and further elaborates that she dreams of climbing a mountain one day. Hisao takes a photo of her as she stands defiantly in the evening light. In that moment, he falls for her. At the resolution of the route, Saki reveals the mountain climb is an item on her vast bucket list. They vow to complete it together.

Epilogue

Hisao is at the summit of Mount Zao. At just over 6000ft, it is the highest mountain in Miyagi Prefecture (and around 20 or so miles from where Yamaku would roughly be). He pulls out the bucket list, crosses off the final item ‘climb a mountain’, puts it in a framed collage and places it at the base of a small cairn he has built, on top of which is Saki’s crutch. Tears welling up, Hisao mutters “We’ve done it Saki” and leaves. Focus on the collage, which shows all of their globetrotting adventures together and Saki’s gradual deterioration e.g. standing in front of Itsukushima Shrine during Tanabata, climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge, swimming with dolphins, Hisao carrying a laughing Saki up the steps of Montmartre, Saki in a wheelchair with a nasal cannula posing next to a Foot Guardsman, defiantly smiling while surrounded by Hisao and her family at her deathbed etc.

At the centre of the collage: the photo that Hisao took all those years ago: Saki on the top of the hill in all her radiant beauty. Fade to white.
Is her urn a Chock Full O Nuts can?
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Am I missing something with that?
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

Rhodri wrote:Am I missing something with that?
Big spoilers for the Bucket list.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I like your idea Rhodri, but it takes more than a few things from Bucket list :)
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Rhodri wrote:Am I missing something with that?
It's from a movie with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.

During the movie both characters are completing a bucket list together, and one mentions to the other that he's perfectly fine with a Chock Full O Nuts coffee can as his urn, and also that he wants to climb a mountain.

Gajzla posted the relevant clip :) If you haven't seen the movie, it's amazing. I highly recommend it.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

YutoTheOrc wrote:I like your idea Rhodri, but it takes more than a few things from Bucket list :)
Well, given that The Bucket List was released in 2007, I could see it inspiring our hypothetical Hisao x Saki to write one of their own... :wink:
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Oh. God. Fucking. Damn. It.

Its like the time I had this amazing sci-fi dream that stuck with me for ages, only to realise a few years ago that it was a knock off of Dune. I hadn't even heard of it when I had that dream! Seriously, this is real disheartening.
That is one film I am NEVER gonna watch now. I remember the trailers for it, but never seen it.

I came up with the whole mountain idea from an experience when I went up Snowdon 6 years ago. I saw a picture memorialising a mountain hiker which been placed on the cairn at the summit
Last edited by Rhodri on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.