The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Req

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Req »

Munchenhausen wrote:Well, the believability of that would probably go as far as how you believe Iwanako's personality would be.

If you view it from her perspective, all she sees is that;
-She asks her crush out and his body suddenly shuts down in a visibly painful fashion
-She then finds out why it happened, he had a weak heart and she caused the infarction
-If she were to check on him a few months down the line, she'd find he either died (á la Kenji route) or has found love with someone else. Someone else who is also disabled, giving them both a strong link and bond

I'd say that was believable. It's not exactly unicorns and leprechauns :lol:
You're totally skipping over the letter she sends to break things off though.
Then again, you're also skipping over all the times she went to see Hisao at the hospital, either because of her feelings for him or out of guilt, until Hisao's distant attitude drive her away.

Reqtified edition:
-She asks her crush out and his body suddenly shuts down in a visibly painful fashion
-She then finds out why it happened, he had a weak heart and she caused the infarction
-She continues to see him regularly and is the last of Hisao's friends, classmates and other hellspawn to do so
-Each visit Hisao is distant at best, and a cocktail of depression, fear and self-pity at worst.
-She could reasonably believe that Hisao also blames her for his heart condition
-She stops visiting (insert headcanon for reason here, though I'm sure mine is obvious at this point), but Hisao is still on her mind
-She finds out from Hisao's parents that he's transferred to a school for the disabled
-Guiltguiltguiltguiltguiltguilt with a side of depression
-The only closure she gets is in the form of a letter she sends Hisao, one that feasibly she didn't think to write herself, but was more likely urged to by someone else. the letter either gets no response or just a generic one that doesn't convey any feelings one way or another that he might have for her.
-If she were to check in with him later, she would find either he'd died, or he'd found love with someone else.
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

Req wrote:-She then finds out why it happened, he had a weak heart and she caused the infarction
I don’t believe for one second that anyone would be evil enough to her that she caused it, even if they were thinking it.
Req wrote:-She finds out from Hisao's parents that he's transferred to a school for the disabled
-Guiltguiltguiltguiltguiltguilt with a side of depression
-The only closure she gets is in the form of a letter she sends Hisao, one that feasibly she didn't think to write herself, but was more likely urged to by someone else. the letter either gets no response or just a generic one that doesn't convey any feelings one way or another that he might have for her.
-If she were to check in with him later, she would find either he'd died, or he'd found love with someone else.
Munchenhausen wrote:God, being Iwanako must suck.
I agree :lol:
HipsterJoe

Post by HipsterJoe »

Gajzla wrote: Req wrote:

I don’t believe for one second that anyone would be evil enough to her that she caused it, even if they were thinking it.
High schoolers are dicks. I can totally see a nasty rumor going around the school about the girl who killed a boy by confessing to him. Even more so since Hisao never returns to the school, people outside of his circle of friends are bound to be misinformed.
Gajzla

Post by Gajzla »

HipsterJoe wrote:
Gajzla wrote: Req wrote:

High schoolers are dicks. I can totally see a nasty rumor going around the school about the girl who killed a boy by confessing to him. Even more so since Hisao never returns to the school, people outside of his circle of friends are bound to be misinformed.
Being bullied about it I can understand, but it’s not proof, in fact it’s more likely to be a lie. If a doctor or even Hisao said it, that would be finding out, all the high schoolers would do would be to make her doubt herself. Then again I might be reading too much into a bullet point.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

My headcannon for Iwanako is that she ends up dating one of Hisao's friends several months down the line after she doesn't get a reply to her letter. She sends the letter as an act of closure before she can move on.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Gajzla wrote:
Req wrote:-She then finds out why it happened, he had a weak heart and she caused the infarction
Nah, I doubt anyone would have told her that, but I would imagine she would have come to that conclusion herself and blamed herself for it.
HipsterJoe wrote:High schoolers are dicks. I can totally see a nasty rumor going around the school about the girl who killed a boy by confessing to him. Even more so since Hisao never returns to the school, people outside of his circle of friends are bound to be misinformed.
This
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

My personal headcanon is that Iwanako was deeply affected by what happened to Hisao. As a resault she began to study psychology and would later become a therapist. She regrets that she sent a letter rather than actually talking to him, feeling she was a coward.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

You ever make one of those jokes that completely goes over everyone's head?
Atario

Post by Atario »

Leaty wrote:You ever make one of those jokes that completely goes over everyone's head?
I know that feel :(
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Gajzla wrote:
Kids are douchebags, and from what I've seen/heard Japanese high school kids are some of the worst when it comes to bullying/rumors. Trust me, that rumor could very well happen
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Leaty wrote:You ever make one of those jokes that completely goes over everyone's head?
Nothig goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Nothig goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.
I am Groot.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

I am going to die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the universe.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
brythain

Post by brythain »

Negativedarke wrote:I am going to die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the universe.
Who? :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

Munchenhausen wrote:-The only closure she gets is in the form of a letter she sends Hisao, one that feasibly she didn't think to write herself, but was more likely urged to by someone else. the letter either gets no response or just a generic one that doesn't convey any feelings one way or another that he might have for her.
I decided to attack this in another way: I made the day of delivery a very wet one, so he was wearing a trenchcoat and the letter ended up in the pocket. It wasn't until the next time he wore the same trenchcoat that he actually read the letter, by which time it was approaching the implied deadline in the letter for a response. Thus, short on time, he just picked up the phone and called her instead of writing back.

The implied deadline was because she had a scheduled visit to Sendai during summer break. If he didn't meet with her then, she would reasonably assume he wanted nothing to do with her.

To detail things any further would be to spoil much of my plot, but he does make that call, and it's not to say goodbye.

Also in my story, the impetus for writing the letter was Hisao's parents. They really like her and are grateful for what she tried to do, even if it apparently didn't end well.
HipsterJoe wrote:High schoolers are dicks. I can totally see a nasty rumor going around the school about the girl who killed a boy by confessing to him. Even more so since Hisao never returns to the school, people outside of his circle of friends are bound to be misinformed.
This is also part of my plot. They're evil to Iwanako, believing Hisao died from his incident. Then she "borrows" him to prove that he's not dead at all, and rather than backing down, they escalate it. He ends up with a broken nose for his troubles.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!