300BillionDegrees

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

SpunkySix wrote:she'd get cancer, twice
You monster! Image
brythain

Post by brythain »

Re Emi: okay, that dovetails with something I have been scribbling down.
Re Lily: aha, new fanfic idea... where she faces Hisao and says, "Did you just give me music of Bach's in a musical box?"
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

I have a feeling that, considering how close they are near the end, Emi would follow Hisao to uni and join the track team over there. She could go study to be a physical education teacher, for sure.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Tyrael wrote:I have a feeling that, considering how close they are near the end, Emi would follow Hisao to uni and join the track team over there. She could go study to be a physical education teacher, for sure.
She might try, but her grades might not be good enough. Hisao might end up at some place like Todai, the venerable University of Tokyo; Emi doesn't seem academically inclined enough to make it there. She might go to Ochanomizu, though; they have teacher training and PE courses there, I think. They can meet after school hours for a beer or something. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Or a Mike's Hard Lemonade :lol:
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Tyrael wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Since it's unlikely that Emi actually goes all-out pirate in the future, I'm going to say that she becomes a track coach at Yamaku regardless of the route taken. She already shows the makings of one:

Now she just needs to learn a little self-control with knowing when to back off, and boom, coach.

In addition, (and this has no basis in canon fact at all, mind you) if I were to write a fic about her semi-distant future, she'd get cancer, twice. And survive it both times. And keep running. My cross country and track coach did that, and outside of my family, he's one of the most inspirational men I've ever known. The guy is an absolute madman, and I can totally see Emi following suit.
On the other hand, Emi has shown to be very irresponsible, that wouldn't be a good quality for someone who is supposed to look after the people she coaches and making sure they don't push themselves too hard, something she has been known to... I'm pretty sure she'd prefer running herself rather than coaching as well :P

So, basically, Emi will will turn into a cross between Nyamo and Yukari (of Azumanga Daioh fame)...
Eurobeatjester wrote:Or a Mike's Hard Lemonade :lol:
Don't ya mean "Kenji's Hard Shit"... :wink:
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I'm thinking she might be somewhere closer to physical therapy or nursing, than general PE instruction at Yamaku.

The nursing thing because, let's face it, she canonically takes care of Rin's feminine hygiene problems.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Despite the number of fanfics to the contrary, I've always been a bit dubious about the characters returning to Yamaku after finishing their educations. I can see a case for Hisao and maaaaaaybe Hanako, but I don't think the others have such an affection for the place (speculation regarding the Hakamichi being on the board of directors notwithstanding) that they'd want to spend most of their adult lives there.

No, I'm not going to spoil future Developments chapters by saying what my headcanon for Emi is :wink:.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dewelar wrote:Despite the number of fanfics to the contrary, I've always been a bit dubious about the characters returning to Yamaku after finishing their educations. I can see a case for Hisao and maaaaaaybe Hanako, but I don't think the others have such an affection for the place (speculation regarding the Hakamichi being on the board of directors notwithstanding) that they'd want to spend most of their adult lives there.

No, I'm not going to spoil future Developments chapters by saying what my headcanon for Emi is :wink:.
1. I could see that, I just went with Yamaku because there are staff connections there so it might be more convenient. PE or PT could wok too, as others have said.

2. You dirty tease.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

I can see Misha returning to Yamaku as a sign language instructor. In fact, it's my headcanon that she was able to attend school in America on a Yamaku Foundation scholarship predicated on the fact that she would return to instruct sign language, both JSL and ASL.

I have no idea how I came up with this, but it seems to fit, somehow.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

Considering she spent most of her time in Yamaku chasing Shizune and feeling bad about herself I doubt that.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Tyrael wrote:Considering she spent most of her time in Yamaku chasing Shizune and feeling bad about herself I doubt that.
Hey, she got to hear about Hisao putting it in Shizune though, and that's almost the same thing as real love. I mean... she's basically reading Katawa Shoujo at that point, but in person, and with real life jealousy!
You monster!
I don't create these occurrences, I simply write of them.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Munchenhausen wrote:Even though she knows the concept of Christmas and is perfectly fine with everything it entails, and even if she likes giving and recieving presents, I like to think that Lilly secretly really fucking hates Christmas presents.

"Oh, you've given me a cube?"

She knows that it's just something in a box and the box itself is unimportant, but deep down she hates the fact that she's been refused the opportunity to feel what it is before it's opened.
This is the most adorable fucking thing ever.

Hisao and Hanako, watching Lilly open a her present and instinctively feeling it, only to realize that the box isn't the present a moment later and silently getting frustrated. Then, when she actually opens the box and beams when she feels it and realizes what it actually is.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

azumeow wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Even though she knows the concept of Christmas and is perfectly fine with everything it entails, and even if she likes giving and recieving presents, I like to think that Lilly secretly really fucking hates Christmas presents.

"Oh, you've given me a cube?"

She knows that it's just something in a box and the box itself is unimportant, but deep down she hates the fact that she's been refused the opportunity to feel what it is before it's opened.
This is the most adorable fucking thing ever.

Hisao and Hanako, watching Lilly open a her present and instinctively feeling it, only to realize that the box isn't the present a moment later and silently getting frustrated. Then, when she actually opens the box and beams when she feels it and realizes what it actually is.
Just reading this is making me grin. :D
Atario

Post by Atario »

scorptatious wrote:Kenji ends up a laughingstock on the internet and gets his own page on ED.
This is so plausible it's scary. I wonder what his username (inevitably part of the resulting meme) would be.
SpunkySix wrote:-She's a health nut
[snip]
she'd get cancer, twice.
Well, ain't that a bitch! She coulda just relaxed and enjoyed some unhealthy shit!
Munchenhausen wrote:She knows that it's just something in a box and the box itself is unimportant, but deep down she hates the fact that she's been refused the opportunity to feel what it is before it's opened.
I… don't get it. Isn't this more or less what the rest of us go through as well? (Assuming properly wrapped gifts and all)
brythain wrote:"Did you just give me music of Bach's in a musical box?"
Sounds like the makings of a Dr. Seuss tale. "I adore Bach's box; I adore Salk's socks!"
dewelar wrote:No, I'm not going to spoil future Developments chapters by saying what my headcanon for Emi is :wink:.
See, this is my problem in this thread too. All my best headcannon, I've poured out into my fanfic, and I don't want to spoil it.
SpunkySix wrote:Hey, she got to hear about Hisao putting it in Shizune though, and that's almost the same thing as real love. I mean... she's basically reading Katawa Shoujo at that point, but in person, and with real life jealousy!
Maybe she makes the decisions from Shizune's side. "Now evade him for weeks at a time, Shicchan!"
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote