Feminine girls more popular than "strong grrrrls"

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Liminaut

Re: Feminine girls more popular than "strong grrrrls"

Post by Liminaut »

A couple of points:

First, about Hisao needing to take charge. He's recently been told that he has a life-threatening illness that he is going to spend the rest of his life managing. He's also just spent 4 months alone in a hospital bed after been abandoned by al of his friends. You may have noticed he's hella depressed, and a big chunk of all the paths are him dealing with that depression. In terms of taking charge, you may have noticed that worked out really well in Hanako's path, ... and Rin's path ... and Emi's path.

Second, Emi is just as bossy in her own way. So is Lilly. Lilly is very subtle, but notice that everything up until the airport charge that happens in Lilly's path is basically because Lilly wants it to. Rin doesn't boss Hisao around, but she is very self-directed and very 'un-feminine' in that regard. Of all the girls, Hanako may be the only one that's even somewhat typically feminine, and only somewhat.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

What's funny is to me, the part of Emi that takes charge and is strong is probably equally if not more attractive than her cheeriness. So I don't even think this is fully accurate, let alone sound in general.

Heck, Shizune is one of my least favorite characters, and the side of her that is dominant is by far the sexiest part to me. There's a difference between 'strong' and 'bossy' though, and that's where it breaks down. That's not even sex specific though, I just don't like bossiness in general, boy or girl.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

OP has an "interesting" definition of feminine.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Hello and welcome to the forums!
Nice to see a new face.

I think physically speaking, I (and most other males) prefer obviously female females. If I saw someone who looked like Favio or Dwayne Johnson walking down the street and noticed later they were female, I'd not be attracted to them physically. If I knew them, I may be attracted to them emotionally/romantically, and perhaps physically if I knew them a bit better.

As for the popularity of the girls, I'd think it's closer to Hanako>Emi>Lilly=Rin>Shizune. (Sorry Mega)

As a side note: In my signature, Lilly=Rin in terms of attraction. They are equal in my mind, but I am more romantically/emotionally attracted to Rin (Lilly is still very attractive in the respect), while Lilly is more physically attractive to me. So, you getting bad end with Rin pisses me off. But I'll leave CoffeeDrive to rustle at you.

Also, refer to A. A. Milne's theory on the rates of minds.

The devs have stated every good ending is a "Happily ever after" ending. Your analysis is invalid. >>
bossing us around and choking with a never ending stream of mental problems.
Someone doesn't have a white-knighting complex. I actually like people who make me think. My best friend is still an enigma to me and I've known him since I was 9. I've never been in a clinically abusive relationship, but I am happy with following directions laid down by someone who I respect. If I marry, I'll have to respect her. While I would dislike being bossed around, that's not a sexual preference. If my friend became horribly bossy, I'd close it off until they changed.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Lockhart wrote:Girls that don’t bitch, want to follow instead of lead, and are capable of supporting us as women.
I'm sorry, but at this I couldn't really bring myself to read any further. While I understand it's merely a descriptive example (and quite generalizing), it could be worded more sensitively as to not come across the wrong way. I'm personally catching a more 'obedient' vibe than a 'feminine' one.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Umber wrote:
Lockhart wrote:Girls that don’t bitch, want to follow instead of lead, and are capable of supporting us as women.
I'm sorry, but at this I couldn't really bring myself to read any further. While I understand it's merely a descriptive example (and quite generalizing), it could be worded more sensitively as to not come across the wrong way. I'm personally catching a more 'obedient' vibe than a 'feminine' one.
The phrase "Stay in the goddamn kitchen and cook, clean and make babies" comes to mind.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

:shock:
I didn't see that on my first read. Now I'm pissed.

Whelp, Lockhart... only one thing you can do now...
images (4).jpg
images (4).jpg (6.12 KiB) Viewed 6641 times
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

It's funny who many pseudo-feminists are like Kenji. :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Umber wrote:
Lockhart wrote: I'm sorry, but at this I couldn't really bring myself to read any further. While I understand it's merely a descriptive example (and quite generalizing), it could be worded more sensitively as to not come across the wrong way. I'm personally catching a more 'obedient' vibe than a 'feminine' one.
This is why I'm confused. He says Emi is the best girl yet she is absolutely not demure or submissive. She'll kick you up the ass with her blades if you cross her!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:
Umber wrote:
Lockhart wrote: I'm sorry, but at this I couldn't really bring myself to read any further. While I understand it's merely a descriptive example (and quite generalizing), it could be worded more sensitively as to not come across the wrong way. I'm personally catching a more 'obedient' vibe than a 'feminine' one.
This is why I'm confused. He says Emi is the best girl yet she is absolutely not demure or submissive. She'll kick you up the ass with her blades if you cross her!
I too was confused by that. I mean... look at this face and tell me if you see submission:

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Cold rage face / Sex face
"I am going to break you in half!" / "I am going to break you in half!"
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Define feminine.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Define define.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Zarys wrote:Define define.
Define making sense.

As for the topic, yeah really not in the mood to write an essay for a response, too lazy :lol: . I think the others summed it on very well, everyone's preference is different and generalizing is bad/frowned upon.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

While I must say this is a bad case of generalisation, I have to agree on the ides of liking "feminine" women more than "strong independent woman don't take no shit." They're wonderful friends, I can tell as much, but every girl I know who fits into that second category comes off as a little agressive and just slightly insane, beside their more redeeming qualities.

Being totally dependent on me isn't going to let you fly, but trying to get me entirely dependent on a woman is just as bad.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.