Long term relationship with Rin? Be honest...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

HarvestmanMan

Re: Long term relationship with Rin? Be honest...

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Disposition wrote:Wasn't a big fan of Hiaso in Rin's route.
Hisao is kind of a bonehead in all of the routes, as I gather, but in Rin's route in particular it's like the two of them are speaking different languages.

Also, hi. That's certainly an...emotionally weighty introduction.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

HarvestmanMan wrote:
Hisao is kind of a bonehead in all of the routes, as I gather, but in Rin's route in particular it's like the two of them are speaking different languages.
To me it seems like he's not even trying. He gets it in his head that Rin is confusing, then shuts down and tunes out whatever Rin is attempting to say in favor of "oh wow she's so weird and incomprehensible, clearly this entire thing is 100% her fault and not mine even partially even though I'm not really even listening."
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:
HarvestmanMan wrote:
To me it seems like he's not even trying. He gets it in his head that Rin is confusing, then shuts down and tunes out whatever Rin is attempting to say in favor of "oh wow she's so weird and incomprehensible, clearly this entire thing is 100% her fault and not mine even partially even though I'm not really even listening."
Wouldn't you if you have to deal with her strange shenanigans? It's like an on-off relationship and indication throughout her route with the codeine and the things in the atelier.

The next day, she acts as if nothing happened. I don't think we can really blame Hisao entirely for his confusion since I think we might actually react just about the same.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Me neither. While most seem to think Rin is a pain, I was more annoyed with Hisao, and not just in Rin's route either. He seems very hard to please.
Not sure why I wrote this, but, this can double as an introduction. I'm Anthony, 19 years of age, I play the bass guitar, my main influence being Primus, and I am lost within my own mind.
Hello Anthony. I go by many names, but you can call me 'Keiichi' for the time being. I'd just like to say that I can relate to some of your problems.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

SpunkySix wrote:
HarvestmanMan wrote:
Tuning some of it out might be for the best, though.

It seems like he tries to read too deeply into some of the stuff she says, when she didn't mean anything by it (or at least she doesn't see the "deep"-ness of it). She's someone with no filter.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

SpunkySix wrote:
HarvestmanMan wrote:
I agree with you 100% man. He pissed me off so many times...
Disposition

Post by Disposition »

The problem I have with Hiaso (not just in Rin's Arc) he is very impatient, and quick to have outbursts of frustration (doesn't think level-headedly in "stressful situations".), simply because he doesn't understand something. If any of you are familiar with MBTI I think he falls along the lines of INFJ.
INTP Enneagram 5w4

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion."

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Disposition wrote:The problem I have with Hiaso (not just in Rin's Arc) he is very impatient, and quick to have outbursts of frustration (doesn't think level-headedly in "stressful situations".), simply because he doesn't understand something. If any of you are familiar with MBTI I think he falls along the lines of INFJ.
I'd say he falls more along the lines of "average teenager", given those traits. :P
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

Megumeru wrote: Wouldn't you if you have to deal with her strange shenanigans? It's like an on-off relationship and indication throughout her route with the codeine and the things in the atelier.

The next day, she acts as if nothing happened. I don't think we can really blame Hisao entirely for his confusion since I think we might actually react just about the same.
"I think we might actually react just about the same." Excuse me sir, I respect your own personal view and opinion, but I don't know what "we" you're talking about. Speak for yourself and yourself only please.

I don't know how many relationships you've been in, but if you really expect to find a woman that will have no drama, no "shenanigans" and no difficulties, then you're going to come to a rude awakening.

I admit Rin will be a little above average in terms of this, but if I'm truly in love with her and not just trying to have fun getting into someone's pants, then I honestly would be willing to put up with a bit more frustrations if in the end it means we stay together.

Plus, to me, the fact that she's so hard to get through makes it so that when she says "I love you" at the end of the story, it made that have SO MUCH MORE impact versus anyone else who have shown to be able to show affection quite readily. To me, doing everyone else's route, them saying "I love you" got the standard textbook "awwww" from me, but when Rin says it, my heart melted. Which is why I'm so freakin' pissed that Hisao never says it back to her...
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

HarvestmanMan wrote: Tuning some of it out might be for the best, though.

It seems like he tries to read too deeply into some of the stuff she says, when she didn't mean anything by it (or at least she doesn't see the "deep"-ness of it). She's someone with no filter.
I don't tune anyone out unless I don't like them. Even if what she's saying seems like it's not important or doesn't seem to make sense, I like to hear what people have to say. I think even if some things don't seem to make sense, all of it put together will give you a better picture into what goes on inside their heads. I'm never against gathering more data and getting to know someone better... Plus, I think some of the odd ramblings are kind of endearing, and I wouldn't mind delving into a bit of random thoughts every now and then. :-)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Odd ramblings lose a lot of their charm when you're trying to have a serious discussion with somebody or you really need to know what they think about something.
Not Dead Yet
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

slagman5 wrote:but if you really expect to find a woman that will have no drama, no "shenanigans" and no difficulties, then you're going to come to a rude awakening.
Breaking News: Megumeru totally voiced the expectation to find a woman that will have no drama, no "shenanigans" and no difficulties. You know...Except he did not even remotely voice such an expectation at all. If you're gonna start off with "Speak for yourself only...", you could at least meet your own demands halfway and not put words in the guy's mouth. As much as taking a sensible viewpoint and twisting it into absurdity might make you feel good, it's a lousy discussion tactic. Also, Oddball's right.

And "I don't tune anyone out" is untrue. Everyone tunes things out. You don't pause to listen to every single thing anyone has ever tried to tell you in life.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Disposition

Post by Disposition »

Khalego wrote:
Disposition wrote:The problem I have with Hiaso (not just in Rin's Arc) he is very impatient, and quick to have outbursts of frustration (doesn't think level-headedly in "stressful situations".), simply because he doesn't understand something. If any of you are familiar with MBTI I think he falls along the lines of INFJ.
I'd say he falls more along the lines of "average teenager", given those traits. :P
Hmm, F's are more popular than T's, so I'd say average human. Maybe I'm being too harsh, I've just never been a fan of people who let their emotions control their decision making, that's how all of the fights I've been in have started. Hiaso actually reminds me of a good friend of mine, he literally cut someone out of his life because they wouldn't spill their guts to him. He got angry because I don't believe in the same principles as him. Him, his brother, and I were roommates for a while, and I think that made us learn a bit more about each other, and we're not as good friends anymore. They see me as someone who needs fixing, and I've always been annoyed when someone tries to impose their own life values unto me as if they were correct. My philosophy in life, let people do their own thing, if you don't like it, you don't have to do it, ideals do not make one superior to another. Let me live my life the way I intend to, as I am doing the same for you.
INTP Enneagram 5w4

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion."

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

slagman5 wrote:
"I think we might actually react just about the same." Excuse me sir, I respect your own personal view and opinion, but I don't know what "we" you're talking about. Speak for yourself and yourself only please.

I don't know how many relationships you've been in, but if you really expect to find a woman that will have no drama, no "shenanigans" and no difficulties, then you're going to come to a rude awakening.

I admit Rin will be a little above average in terms of this, but if I'm truly in love with her and not just trying to have fun getting into someone's pants, then I honestly would be willing to put up with a bit more frustrations if in the end it means we stay together.

Plus, to me, the fact that she's so hard to get through makes it so that when she says "I love you" at the end of the story, it made that have SO MUCH MORE impact versus anyone else who have shown to be able to show affection quite readily. To me, doing everyone else's route, them saying "I love you" got the standard textbook "awwww" from me, but when Rin says it, my heart melted. Which is why I'm so freakin' pissed that Hisao never says it back to her...
Despite being a Shizuist, I find Rin interesting as much as the next Rin-Kin, but I think you misunderstood what I meant.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, and I don't give a rat's ass about whether it is about 'love' or not. We, readers, tend to have an elevated perspective when going through the VN since we have that window to stop and think for a good long while of what is going on in the scene to try to understand and soak as much as we can. That, and bias on characters that may or may not have been there in the first place.

All I'm saying is, we can't blame Hisao for being a confused douche in her route. Try putting yourself in Hisao's shoes; I don't know about you, but when a girl acts like 'A' to you at one moment then 'B' the next, you start to wonder whether you did somethin wrong--or right.

Best part is though, Hisao gets around to it and understood Rin right at her art exhibition scene (depending on choice). That redeems him from his fumble all across her route
Last edited by Megumeru on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

Khalego wrote:
slagman5 wrote:but if you really expect to find a woman that will have no drama, no "shenanigans" and no difficulties, then you're going to come to a rude awakening.
Breaking News: Megumeru totally voiced the expectation to find a woman that will have no drama, no "shenanigans" and no difficulties. You know...Except he did not even remotely voice such an expectation at all. If you're gonna start off with "Speak for yourself only...", you could at least meet your own demands halfway and not put words in the guy's mouth. As much as taking a sensible viewpoint and twisting it into absurdity might make you feel good, it's a lousy discussion tactic. Also, Oddball's right.

And "I don't tune anyone out" is untrue. Everyone tunes things out. You don't pause to listen to every single thing anyone has ever tried to tell you in life.
Um... right... anyway... My point is that you'll have trouble and frustrations with every woman. Also notice my very next sentence after that is that I acknowledge a person like Rin will have a lot more. So while it's cute that you think taking my comment out of context will help your rebuttal sound better, unfortunately everything is recorded here and anyone can scroll up and see exactly what I meant by that comment.

And obviously when I say tune people out I'm referring to someone who is directly talking to me, you know, like Hisao does to Rin in the story. I don't know about you, but I like to try to stay relevant to what we're talking about at the time... Call me weird, but I do that! :-D