What if Misha's presence at Yamaku...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

metalangel

Re: What if Misha's presence at Yamaku...

Post by metalangel »

SpunkySix wrote:And in a hypothetical about a fictional universe where unlikely things can easily occur and often do, (which the question was) probability means jack shit, which is an incredibly basic concept that I've already explained repeatedly, along with at least one other person.
So your real-world concepts can be applied to a fictional universe but mine can't?
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

metalangel wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:And in a hypothetical about a fictional universe where unlikely things can easily occur and often do, (which the question was) probability means jack shit, which is an incredibly basic concept that I've already explained repeatedly, along with at least one other person.
So your real-world concepts can be applied to a fictional universe but mine can't?

Fighting for ideas that you know are false just to not admit being wrong (essentialy what your link call "True Courage"), is wrong in the real-life AND fictional universes. :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:
Not when your real-world concepts are totally irrelevant in a hypothetical situation, they can't.

It's not like I said that maybe one of the deaf kids would be juggling chainsaws, get a hair up his ass and toss one at Misha. What I said was unlikely perhaps, (although you keep ignoring the fact that your sample size is very weak) but completely realistic and possible, meaning that it very well could happen at Yamaku. That is all that was asked. Not, "What chance is there of somebody being angry at Misha?", not "Is this something that would happen in most cases?" and not "Based solely on metalangel's limited experiences, would somebody at Yamaku snap at Misha for being able-bodied?".

This was the question:
why would other students - especially the deaf ones - object to healthy people wanting to teach their language?
And it was answered. Obviously not all of the deaf kids would get mad at her, but some might for the reason I gave. In a fictional world like the one at Yamaku, that's more than enough to make it a valid answer to what was asked.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

If I had just given my "limited" experiences, without saying as I did that your very vague comment lacked merit because it was so vague, would you still be calling them all worthless and irrelevant?

Just hypothetically speaking, of course.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:If I had just given my "limited" experiences, without saying as I did that your very vague comment lacked merit because it was so vague, would you still be calling them all worthless and irrelevant?

You didn't say that it lacked merit because it was vague, you said that it didn't have a point to it.
It could just be that you didn't have a decent point.
Not the same thing. One is constructive and points me in the right direction to help you understand, and the other is snarky and useless to me. From the very beginning of this you've had a fairly hostile attitude about this for whatever reason and you've been pretty vague yourself at times, and it hasn't helped matters much. If that's what you meant to say, then it would have been helpful to say it.

Given the context though, it was pretty clear what I meant anyways. "People get [annoyed] over nothing" isn't that vague of a way to explain why somebody would get irrationally angry at somebody. It means exactly what it sounds like, and it seems other people understood it enough.

And either way, your experiences wouldn't be worthless in a greater sense, (I never called them that) but they would still be totally irrelevant, yeah.
Oh, zing.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Ever heard of the saying "people will complain over everything", im sure most did. Even if everything is perfectly fine there will always be few people that will complain about everything being perfectly fine, its human nature and so its not unreasonable to think that somewhere in Yamaku someone for whatever reason will complain and ask Misha about it.

So let the matter of who is right or who has a point or not rest so that the thread doesnt get cooked :wink:
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ogorhan wrote:let the matter of who is right or who has a point or not rest so that the thread doesnt get cooked :wink:
Alright, fine. Can do.
Popcorn513

Post by Popcorn513 »

Oddball wrote:The devs have said that something like that actually was the original idea for Misha. Her parents found out she was a lesbian and sent her to Yamaku as an attempt to cure her.

Then the devs realized that it was a stupid idea and dropped it.

... or something to that effect. I might be remembering it wrong.
sex preference = physically/mentally disorder?

lol, luckily devs dropped it else i will be joining sex freedom protest, although i'm straight
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Popcorn513 wrote:
Oddball wrote:The devs have said that something like that actually was the original idea for Misha. Her parents found out she was a lesbian and sent her to Yamaku as an attempt to cure her.

lol, luckily devs dropped it else i will be joining sex freedom protest, although i'm straight
To the Japanese, that would actually be an acceptable reason.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Popcorn513 wrote:

Well see, in some places...
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
Popcorn513 wrote:

Well see, in some places...
Is that real? :shock:
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I knew they existed, but I didn't think a pharmacy would sell that sorta thing...

Curing homosexuality probably spawned around the same time Europe started cracking down on deviancy. That's just a guess though. People are sick, twisted jerks sometimes.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Broomhead wrote:I knew they existed, but I didn't think a pharmacy would sell that sorta thing...

Curing homosexuality probably spawned around the same time Europe started cracking down on deviancy. That's just a guess though. People are sick, twisted jerks sometimes.
That's really disgusting. I hate people so much sometimes. :|
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Broomhead wrote:I knew they existed, but I didn't think a pharmacy would sell that sorta thing...

Check out the life of Alan Turing sometime. He ran the British Ultra decryption effort, and was rather responsible for making WW2 a lot shorter. He was also gay. This was discovered, he was convicted of homosexuality, and eventually committed suicide after struggling with the court-ordered cure.
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:Is that real? :shock:
Let me just point out one of the many jokes on the package. Location is listed as Hershey Highway.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote