Favourite Track from the OST

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Favourite Track from the OST

Post by LordMarluxia »

I was wondering, since this is a very good soundtrack, all of you should have a favourite track right?
So, what tracks do you love the most?

- "Ah Eh I Oh You", for some reason I really this one.
- "The Student Coucil", brings me some peace but also some nostalgia. I am an eternal student, and I miss my school days alot, which leads us to...
- ..."School Days".
- "Ease", what is this? I love this track. It feels so... right.
- "Raindrops and Puddles", makes me tear up alot but I still love it.
- "Parity", I really dig this one, it's sounds really rad.

There you have it.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
CoffeeDrive

Re: Favourite Track from the OST

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Every time.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

For not crying:
  • Air Guitar
    Fripperies
    School Days
    Everyday Fantasy
    Parity
When I'm alone or need to get emotions out:
  • Nocturne
    Painful History
    Lullaby of Open Eyes
Confession: Part of the reason I have to make two lists is because I've developed the ability to store memories and emotions in music. If the tone is related to the feeling, it works better, but I've tied anger to "The Vampire Club" by Voltaire, so I can make do without if I have to. This has two side effects, the first being that I'm a lot more stable as a person without those memories/emotions constantly nagging. The other is that if that song plays, I immediately get hit with the memories and/or emotions tied to that song. Cool trick, bit me in the tookus once while in class when I broke down and nearly started crying because the teacher was playing some classical music I also heard when I was 10 and discovered the trick.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Parity > all

Second fav: "The Student Council"

Third place to "Stride"
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

I like many of the songs but havent really listened to them in a while so cant recall names. The ones I can recall and also my favorite ones are;

Painfull History & Moment of Decision, not exactly your feel good songs but they carry a powerfull emotional feeling for me.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

As much as my disdain for Rin is near-universal, there are obviously exceptions to every rule.
Cloudland Swing has that wonderful, carefree swing to it and Parity is just straight-up my fucking jam.
Other than that, my vote'd probably be Ah Eh Eye Oh You. Dat sax'.

On a semi-related note, did Concord leave anyone else feeling strangely... off?
I don't dislike Lilly or her route at all, but for some reason her theme just makes me...
It makes me feel bad for some reason. I dont know how to explain it. Not sick, not sad, not guilty, angry, lonely, nothing.
Just a mysterious bad feeling.

I kind feel like it's that intro few chords. Something about that gets me like Lavender Town got those Japanese kids
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

The soundtrack is beautiful and only helps promote the depressing parts as well as the heart warming parts, like any good soundtrack should. If I had to chose my favourite soundtracks it would be these three; in order:

-Aria de l'Etoile
-Wiosna
-Innocence

They're all so good! It really is hard to decide on just three. I applauder the musicians for these excellent songs for a great Virtual Novel! Thank you. :D
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

MunchenHausen: I kinda agree. It's not sad though... just... I guess the easiest way to describe it is with synesthesia.

It's a little bit like someone accepting their fate. It gives me a picture of someone falling off a cliff, not by jumping or necessarily fowl play, just that they were on the cliff and now their not. Rather than screaming or trying to save themselves, they just let themselves fall. Perhaps sad/depressing to some, but it's not to me. So yes, I definitely see it leaving some people off, but I think it just makes me a bit introspective. Which I suppose could make some sad.

I haven't played the Lilly route, think i'll start it later today, so the association isn't there yet.

I'm back in action.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Broomhead wrote:I've developed the ability to store memories and emotions in music.
You didn't develop any ability. Everybody can connect memories and feeling to music.

The correct answer to this thread is "Shadow of the Truth", by the way. And Wiosna.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Potato : Well NEH to you too. The reason I say that is because I legitimately break that part of me into the song. I can't remember the memory or really feel the emotion anymore because it's in the song. Perhaps it's all a bit spiritual, but I think that counts as a skill rather than an innate function of humanity as only one other person I know can do it, and they couldn't until I taught 'em, so eh. Although, one of my friends does a similar things with full emotions and tarot cards, but that's something I doubt due to being able to pull them out of him very carefully and tediously. Perhaps I'm just being stupid, but I'd say that's a unique trait if I only know one or two other people with similar traits, which classifies it as an ability IMO.

In summary, it's not a connection of the two, but a binding which carries both in one form.

Not pissed. Just stubborn and willing to explain.
Last edited by Broomhead on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm back in action.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Broomhead wrote:Potato : Well NEH to you too. The reason i say that is because I legitimately break that part of me into the song. I can't remember the memory or really feel the emotion anymore because it's in the song.
Oh, well then. That isn't something everyone can do. That is, however, horrible on a few levels and potentially unbelievably unhealthy. You should probably stop.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Potato: Yeah you are probably right. During the summer and other breaks, I do tend to try to break the bonds between songs and emotions so I can process them correctly.

I'm back in action.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Broomhead wrote:Potato: Yeah you are probably right. During the summer and other breaks, I do tend to try to break the bonds between songs and emotions so I can process them correctly.
Processing them should be as simple as "Hey, I have emotions. *begin processing*"

That it isn't speaks to a severe problem. I'd suggest getting help.

Controversy time: I really do not care much for Parity at all.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Everything...I like every song lol

That being said...wiosna tends to be my number 1
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I'll just make a top five in no particular order since I simply can't have a single favorite track.

1: Raindrops and Puddles - Perfect encapsulation of the atmosphere brought forth by a rainy day. After playing KS - most notably Rin's Route - I now think of this song every time it drizzles.
2: Student Council - One of the most memorable songs in my opinion, it's very relaxing, and reminds me of high school days where I should have been studying...
3: Moment of Decision - Definitely one of the most powerful songs in the entire game, and one of my favorite compositions in general.
4: Painful History - A beautifully chilling track for our favorite burn victim.
5: Innocence - This song almost never fails to bring tears in my eyes. Even while I was learning to play it on the piano, I was dripping liquid emotion all over the keys. It's one of the most simple, yet beautiful songs I've ever heard.