Favourite Track from the OST

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Re: Favourite Track from the OST

Post by LordMarluxia »

SpunkySix wrote:Is it even legal to play other music during a KS session?
I guess it's one of those things that's not in rules, but everyone knows it's one of the highest rated crimes. Could get you a lifetime sentence in the Internet limbo.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Thinking about it, although Wiosna and Jitter are my favourites, the one that had the most impact on me while playing was Comfort on the scene where Emi confesses to Hisao. Obviously due to my love of maniacal screaming I missed it first time round, but I distinctly remember that scene being so much more endearing and... nostalgic I guess (the feeling of realising the person I'd fallen for kinda liked me too was a beautiful one).

Sod it, Comfort's my favourite. Makes me n'aaaawww.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:nostalgic
While Standing Tall is my favorite all around, I will say that Wiosna and Afternoon both make me feel an incredible nostalgia for the weekend I "spent with Emi", and for KS in general. Makes me almost light-headed when I'm in a particularly somber mood.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Popcorn513

Post by Popcorn513 »

Just finished Lily and Hanako route, now starting Emi route.

These few days when driving or free time i keep humming the "Red Velvet" rhythm unintentionally :D , damn love this JAZZ.
Hopefully will cool down after 100% completion the game.
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

Top ten favorite Tracks (not in any particular order):

Parity
Three Stars
Romance in Andante II
Letting my heart speak
Aria de E'Itoile
Innocence
The Student Council
Hokabi
Raindrops and Puddles
Air Guitar
Disposition

Post by Disposition »

1. Parity
3. Raindrops
5. Ah eh I oh you
2. Wiosna
4. Concord
INTP Enneagram 5w4

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion."

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Favourites:

1. Painful History
2. Concord
3. Cold Iron
4. Wiosna
5. Afternoon

Although, I recently re-listened to Raindrops and Puddles and I felt EVERY SINGLE (happy) HANAKO FEEL FLOOD THROUGH ME SIMULTANEOUSLY

Such is the power of KS music.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
diggitydoge

Post by diggitydoge »

While I love the normal ones that are just feel good like Parity and Hokabi, the ones that really get to me are the more serious usually sad sounding ones. Jitter, Moment of Descision, Breathlessly, Cold Iron, Shawdow of Truth, and comfort all hit me right in the feels. After not playing the game for about a year I decided recently to pull up the soundtrack and it is just such a powerful feeling hearing them again. Makes me want to go back and play through again. It is up there with my favorite game soundtracks right now.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

diggitydoge wrote:While I love the normal ones that are just feel good like Parity and Hokabi, the ones that really get to me are the more serious usually sad sounding ones. Jitter, Moment of Descision, Breathlessly, Cold Iron, Shawdow of Truth, and comfort all hit me right in the feels. After not playing the game for about a year I decided recently to pull up the soundtrack and it is just such a powerful feeling hearing them again. Makes me want to go back and play through again. It is up there with my favorite game soundtracks right now.
The more melancholy melodies do seem to be more elaborate than the other tunes. For instance; 'Aria De E'toile' is rather simple and unsophisticated, while 'Moment of Decision' is a more complex composition, and a generally more powerful one, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much adore the entire soundtrack, including the ones of little intricacies - they do their job well enough - it just seems the most heavy, resonating songs are the more serious ones.
Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

I like most of them, my favourites would be (in no real order, I like each of them):
1.Moment of Decision, which together with Lilly's decision of leaving Japan made me cry like a little kid. Very sad one and when I listen to it I feel like I am gonna cry.
2. Aria de l'Etoile. Really peaceful and lovely, I like it a lot and it plays in many different moments I think.
3. Shadow of the Truth, great piece of music, it played during the moment when Misha told her story and how she felt on the roof. Another sad yet great one.
4.Friendship, I really like this one, although I don't really remember any particular moment in which it played.
5. Romance in Andante II, I think this one is Lilly's confession. Nothing really new, I feel like I heard something like this before, but I like it nevertheless.
6. Wiosna, kind of main theme or something, but really great, and it seems to be in my native language (it means Spring in polish)
7. Cold Iron. I think it played in multiple moments but the one I remember most if the starting one, when Iwanako confesses to Hisao. Another heartbreaker.

I could go on, they are all great. Honestly, I think the whole OST is masterpiece, people who made them should be proud, it's so great at putting you in the mood of the story. Masterpiece.
diggitydoge

Post by diggitydoge »

KeiichiO wrote:The more melancholy melodies do seem to be more elaborate than the other tunes. For instance; 'Aria De E'toile' is rather simple and unsophisticated, while 'Moment of Decision' is a more complex composition, and a generally more powerful one, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much adore the entire soundtrack, including the ones of little intricacies - they do their job well enough - it just seems the most heavy, resonating songs are the more serious ones.

Same here as far as adoring all the songs. While the sad ones are more powerful and moving to me I don't necessarily enjoy the more simple happy ones any less. I love all the music throughout the game as it all performs its purpose.

They happy songs do just that, make me feel happy or excited, while the sad songs make me feel sad and somber (and possibly a bit reflective) especially as I remember most of the scenes they are played in. That's why it stands up there as one of my favorite soundtracks and caused me to make an account here so I could join the discussion with others who enjoyed it as I did, because it does so well exactly what a soundtrack is supposed to do.