How long did it take until you started your second path?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

d2r

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by d2r »

SpunkySix wrote:It must be longer than Emi's, which takes like, five seconds to get through.
Didn't someone run a textual analysis a few months back and find that Emi's route is actually the longest in terms of word count?

EDIT: Found it.

EDIT 2: Mirage_GSM followed up with a post noting that Emi's route has the highest line count but the lowest word count; I therefore retract my statement. I will admit that it does feel shorter than some of the others, though.

Also, Spunky, I thought you hadn't played any of the other routes? Or did you finally see reason? :wink:
Last edited by d2r on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

I'd just like to say that it took me a wopping 3 days to complete the entire game.

I am a machine at VNs. Confirmed by multiple sources.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

d2r wrote:Also, Spunky, I thought you hadn't played any of the other routes? Or did you finally see reason? :wink:
Well, I did see a reason to go back, so now I'm sitting at Rin's Act 4 and preparing to finish that and move on to Hanako's Act 1 ending. As for Emi's bad end, I was in a weird mood and forced myself to do it.

So basically, yeah. :)

Holy crap Coffee, that is fast.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

It took me 2 days to start my second route. My mind was too full of Rin to be able to move onto the next route.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

An hour or so. Needed to shower, brush teeth, and clean myself up at after six hours of Katawa Shoujo goodness. :wink:
Disposition

Post by Disposition »

Wanted Rin from beginning, got Emi route, then went Rin route a day after, waited a few weeks and played Shizune, now I'm too lazy to do the other two.
INTP Enneagram 5w4

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion."

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

I started the first route and expected to get Shizune. Then unexpectedly landing the Emi route because I chose to go all out on the run. Started my second route straight after finishing Emi's route and got the manly picnic ending.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hmm... even if you go all out running, you can still get on Shizune's path, if you don't ditch her invitation to lunch afterwards.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Hmm... even if you go all out running, you can still get on Shizune's path, if you don't ditch her invitation to lunch afterwards.
That's hard to do, IIRC, because it feels like you leave someone else hanging, and you feel a right asshole for doing that… :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Yes, but if you're trying for Shizune's path, it should be an obvious choice.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Yes, but if you're trying for Shizune's path, it should be an obvious choice.
Yes, very obvious. Also, probably symptomatic of the kind of person you have to be to want that path (which I'm playing through right now, for I think the third time!) :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Sometimes I wish there was a middle ground, where Hisao would run, but he could pursue other girls. I like Emi; I really do-its just, I don't want Hisao to die. I could romance say Hanako, while still going for a good 'ol run with his new friend Emi.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

YutoTheOrc wrote:Sometimes I wish there was a middle ground, where Hisao would run, but he could pursue other girls. I like Emi; I really do-its just, I don't want Hisao to die. I could romance say Hanako, while still going for a good 'ol run with his new friend Emi.
That's ONE thing I wish this VN did better. For the most part, you kind of just get tunnel vision after Act 1 and Hisao doesn't seem to form many other positive relationships. He says he does, sure, but we never really see them, so in a literary sense, they don't really happen.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Yeah I didnt exactly like that you never saw most of the other girls once you were locked into a route. Like they never existed, a scene here and there where Hisao was still hanging out with the others would have been cool :?
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ogorhan wrote:Yeah I didnt exactly like that you never saw most of the other girls once you were locked into a route. Like they never existed, a scene here and there where Hisao was still hanging out with the others would have been cool :?
In Emi's route, Lilly even explicitly worries that Hisao totally forgot about her.