How long did it take until you started your second path?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
ogorhan wrote:Yeah I didnt exactly like that you never saw most of the other girls once you were locked into a route. Like they never existed, a scene here and there where Hisao was still hanging out with the others would have been cool :?
In Emi's route, Lilly even explicitly worries that Hisao totally forgot about her.
In Shizune's route towards the bad end, Hisao winds up in the tea room talking to Lilly, just the two of them; it's as if Lilly wants to make peace, but in the end she walks out on him because he keeps defending Shizune. So in the end, he doesn't have anyone…
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

brythain wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
ogorhan wrote:Yeah I didnt exactly like that you never saw most of the other girls once you were locked into a route. Like they never existed, a scene here and there where Hisao was still hanging out with the others would have been cool :?
In Emi's route, Lilly even explicitly worries that Hisao totally forgot about her.
In Shizune's route towards the bad end, Hisao winds up in the tea room talking to Lilly, just the two of them; it's as if Lilly wants to make peace, but in the end she walks out on him because he keeps defending Shizune. So in the end, he doesn't have anyone…
That's pretty sad, but nobody is to blame other than Hisao. Foolish Hisao :(
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

YutoTheOrc wrote: That's pretty sad, but nobody is to blame other than Hisao. Foolish Hisao :(
"Comfort me with your penis, Hisao."
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

brythain wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Sounds pretty familiar to a certain rooftop incident, doesn't it?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

ilFogo

Post by ilFogo »

For most of them it took me a whole week, more-less, except for the last one, that I did it like a couple of days later (which is today, actually :D).

It was half "I-need-to-assimilate-the-feelings" and that I played other games or watched some anime or movie or did something else but even then I could feel the crawling feeling of returning to complete another arc.
"It's not a lake, it's an ocean"
-Alan Wake
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

ilFogo wrote:For most of them it took me a whole week, more-less, except for the last one, that I did it like a couple of days later (which is today, actually :D).

It was half "I-need-to-assimilate-the-feelings" and that I played other games or watched some anime or movie or did something else but even then I could feel the crawling feeling of returning to complete another arc.
I know how you feel, I'm trying to finish off my second play-through (Aiming for 100%) and I'm taking a little break; yet I still feel it calling to me. Like some sort of whisper in the night, a murmur in my heart, or like a certain evil ring :shock:
brythain

Post by brythain »

YutoTheOrc wrote:I know how you feel, I'm trying to finish off my second play-through (Aiming for 100%) and I'm taking a little break; yet I still feel it calling to me. Like some sort of whisper in the night, a murmur in my heart, or like a certain evil ring :shock:
Ooh. Me too. Just started Lilly's arc on my second 100% play-through, after Shizune's arc. I figure the optimal experience on the second pass is something like Shizune-Lilly-Emi-Hanako-Rin.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

Emi was my first route and after I was done I started on Hanako the next day. I basically sped through the VN because I wanted to get over my feels by quickly going to another route, it was my way of ignoring the pain :P. It hurt like a bitch when I finished the whole game though. That sentence is by no means exaggerated. It. Hurt. Like. A. Bitch. Still does actually haha xD
No one picked the username Jellyfish? Seriously? Ok..
ilFogo

Post by ilFogo »

YutoTheOrc wrote:I know how you feel, I'm trying to finish off my second play-through (Aiming for 100%) and I'm taking a little break; yet I still feel it calling to me. Like some sort of whisper in the night, a murmur in my heart, or like a certain evil ring :shock:
I could totally relate to that, honestly around the time I played KS (5-6 weeks) if I couldn't sleep at night it was because I was thinking about something that happened in KS or the ending of a route or how sad I was because it was over or something I didn't like, and what not XD
Jellyfish wrote:Emi was my first route and after I was done I started on Hanako the next day. I basically sped through the VN because I wanted to get over my feels by quickly going to another route, it was my way of ignoring the pain :P. It hurt like a bitch when I finished the whole game though. That sentence is by no means exaggerated. It. Hurt. Like. A. Bitch. Still does actually haha xD
Yeah, it hurts a lot. Every single time that something bad, sad, depressing happened I could feel my heart ache, literally. Well, as literally as I can be, it was a pain in that area, because I think if my heart actually hurt I should go see a doctor XD
-Alan Wake
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ilFogo wrote:
I could totally relate to that, honestly around the time I played KS (5-6 weeks) if I couldn't sleep at night it was because I was thinking about something that happened in KS or the ending of a route or how sad I was because it was over or something I didn't like, and what not XD
Now you see, thats why I 100%d KS in 3 days, get all the feels done quickly.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
ilFogo

Post by ilFogo »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
ilFogo wrote:
3 days! Holy moses, that's some serious speedrunning :D how much experience do you have with VN?
I guess you have a point, idk I would have enjoyed it so much if I've done that.
-Alan Wake
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ilFogo wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
ilFogo wrote:
3 days! Holy moses, that's some serious speedrunning :D how much experience do you have with VN?
I guess you have a point, idk I would have enjoyed it so much if I've done that.
Ks was my first, then I realised how much I love them and went to read more, I think 15 completed is my count right now. Favourites are Fate/ StayNight and Tsukihime right now I think, Both of them are 50+ hours. KS is normally said to be about 20-30.
I read alot of Vns, at quite a fast speed.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

I remember trying to get Hanako's route the first time I played KS but I fell into Emi's after worrying about the heart condition. Between work and college, I didn't have much spare time to play but I think each girl took me about a week each spread over 8-10 hours. After being flattened by feels from one girl, I started the next that same day so maybe an hour or less between end and start from one girl to another. I also remember that I was a complete train wreck after finishing the entire game and achieving 100% for the first time. That took another solid two weeks before I finally freed myself from the depressed stupor this game put me in. I still wish I could do that all over again.
Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

Not long. I played Emi's route first (like most of people, as getting on her route seems most natural) and at first it took me bit long and I didn't get into it, but when I got on the second act I did it in one run, and then started my second path almost right away.