How long did it take until you started your second path?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
d2r
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 am

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by d2r » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:11 pm

SpunkySix wrote:It must be longer than Emi's, which takes like, five seconds to get through.
Didn't someone run a textual analysis a few months back and find that Emi's route is actually the longest in terms of word count?

EDIT: Found it.

EDIT 2: Mirage_GSM followed up with a post noting that Emi's route has the highest line count but the lowest word count; I therefore retract my statement. I will admit that it does feel shorter than some of the others, though.

Also, Spunky, I thought you hadn't played any of the other routes? Or did you finally see reason? :wink:
Last edited by d2r on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by CoffeeDrive » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:16 pm

I'd just like to say that it took me a wopping 3 days to complete the entire game.

I am a machine at VNs. Confirmed by multiple sources.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by SpunkySix » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:29 pm

d2r wrote:Also, Spunky, I thought you hadn't played any of the other routes? Or did you finally see reason? :wink:
Well, I did see a reason to go back, so now I'm sitting at Rin's Act 4 and preparing to finish that and move on to Hanako's Act 1 ending. As for Emi's bad end, I was in a weird mood and forced myself to do it.

So basically, yeah. :)

Holy crap Coffee, that is fast.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
Forever_ambivalent
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by Forever_ambivalent » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:46 pm

It took me 2 days to start my second route. My mind was too full of Rin to be able to move onto the next route.

User avatar
YutoTheOrc
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:43 pm
Location: Canada

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by YutoTheOrc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:55 pm

An hour or so. Needed to shower, brush teeth, and clean myself up at after six hours of Katawa Shoujo goodness. :wink:

User avatar
Disposition
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Sailing the seas of cheese

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by Disposition » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:36 am

Wanted Rin from beginning, got Emi route, then went Rin route a day after, waited a few weeks and played Shizune, now I'm too lazy to do the other two.
INTP Enneagram 5w4

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion."

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."

XcaaaL
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:06 am

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by XcaaaL » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:59 am

I started the first route and expected to get Shizune. Then unexpectedly landing the Emi route because I chose to go all out on the run. Started my second route straight after finishing Emi's route and got the manly picnic ending.

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5992
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 am

Hmm... even if you go all out running, you can still get on Shizune's path, if you don't ditch her invitation to lunch afterwards.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3497
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by brythain » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:10 am

Mirage_GSM wrote:Hmm... even if you go all out running, you can still get on Shizune's path, if you don't ditch her invitation to lunch afterwards.
That's hard to do, IIRC, because it feels like you leave someone else hanging, and you feel a right asshole for doing that… :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5992
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:36 am

Yes, but if you're trying for Shizune's path, it should be an obvious choice.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3497
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by brythain » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:50 am

Mirage_GSM wrote:Yes, but if you're trying for Shizune's path, it should be an obvious choice.
Yes, very obvious. Also, probably symptomatic of the kind of person you have to be to want that path (which I'm playing through right now, for I think the third time!) :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
YutoTheOrc
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:43 pm
Location: Canada

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by YutoTheOrc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Sometimes I wish there was a middle ground, where Hisao would run, but he could pursue other girls. I like Emi; I really do-its just, I don't want Hisao to die. I could romance say Hanako, while still going for a good 'ol run with his new friend Emi.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by SpunkySix » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:46 pm

YutoTheOrc wrote:Sometimes I wish there was a middle ground, where Hisao would run, but he could pursue other girls. I like Emi; I really do-its just, I don't want Hisao to die. I could romance say Hanako, while still going for a good 'ol run with his new friend Emi.
That's ONE thing I wish this VN did better. For the most part, you kind of just get tunnel vision after Act 1 and Hisao doesn't seem to form many other positive relationships. He says he does, sure, but we never really see them, so in a literary sense, they don't really happen.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
ogorhan
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:09 pm
Location: World of Kancolle

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by ogorhan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Yeah I didnt exactly like that you never saw most of the other girls once you were locked into a route. Like they never existed, a scene here and there where Hisao was still hanging out with the others would have been cool :?
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by SpunkySix » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 am

ogorhan wrote:Yeah I didnt exactly like that you never saw most of the other girls once you were locked into a route. Like they never existed, a scene here and there where Hisao was still hanging out with the others would have been cool :?
In Emi's route, Lilly even explicitly worries that Hisao totally forgot about her.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

Post Reply