4%
No votes
4%

Total votes: 25

ParagonTerminus

Re: The Fate of Hisao ?

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Potato wrote:However, I can say that #5 never happens because karma is factually a complete load.
What about a masked vigilante that goes around, trying his best to balance society's morality, named Karma?
Karmaman! Beating up criminals and innocent old grandmothers alike!
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Potato wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Looking at some of those choices, I think we just found Katie's new username.
I'm so glad someone else made the reference so I didn't have to...

But anyway, Hisao's fate depends both on the route in question and any number of variables. So, the answer is "Nobody knows."

However, I can say that #5 never happens because karma is factually a complete load.

He probably has an amicable split from Shizune eventually though. Hanako would probably end up in an eventual split too, unless they worked a lot to avoid it.

I can see him and Emi going the distance, yes, pun intended and no, that's not an invitation to start making more of them. Lilly would last too.

Don't see him and Rin lasting, and they'd probably drift apart naturally afterward.
Hmm...I agree with the fact that these relationships will certainly not be the easiest but I'm not so pessimistic.
Shizune could be difficult to focus on Hisao but if they maintain the link between them, I think it can work.
With Hanako, there will undoubtedly be problems, crisis to overcome,ect...but it is inherent in the choice to attempt a relationship with her, (Like all girls accept the mortality of Hisao when they have a relationship with him) it starts well enough in the good end, they overcame a major crisis, break the greater wall between them,ect....the Hanako Good End is a "Hope Ending" but still a Hope Story : Nothing is certain, but there is no more reason to be pessimistic than positive.
Somewhat like the "Sisterhood" fanfic, a turbulent relationship but might really be solid.

I just feel that the way the Hanako is seen depends on whether you like her or not. (Am i wrong if I assume that you're not a big fan of Hanako ?),
perhaps theindulgence about her problems (or exaggeration / minimization) ? what bothers me is that if a relationship between Hisao and her is doomed to fail because of her psychological problems, this could mean that she would always be alone..."You have tried to develop a relationship despite the difficulties, you are rewarded by failure"!", not really a good aesop, I think.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Potato

Post by Potato »

Zarys wrote:pessimistic.

There is nothing remotely pessimistic about "These people will mutually dissolve their romantic bond on completely good terms and still be good friends afterward." That is what an amicable split entails, for the record.

The only one who said a relationship between Hisao and Hanako is doomed to fail because of her psychological problems is you. You said that, just now. Only you said that. Nobody else. You clearly have serious issues with Hanako and need to stop projecting them. And that crummy aesop? That was entirely you too. You spawned that aesop in your own head and put it out into the world here.

See, here's what I said: "Hanako would probably end up in an eventual split too, unless they worked a lot to avoid it."
This is a fact. Hanako is a very damaged person with many psychological obstacles and blocks. Without putting in the work - and yes, it will be a lot - to get past that, any relationship she has will inevitably fail. This isn't her being doomed, it's her having real serious problems that will require real serious effort to overcome. This is not pessimism. This is reality.

Now, somehow, you have taken this simple observation that her relationships will require a great deal of extra effort relative to others and twisted it into (pardon the paraphrase) "Hanako is a complete wreck who will never under any circumstances have a remotely functional relationship no matter what!" and gone on this weird defending-your-waifu kick where you misuse the word "pessimist" and its variations a lot.

Wasn't there something about white-knighting in Hanako's route? :P

And Shizune's much too contest-oriented for a really solid relationship. She's gotta dial that stuff down for any reasonable person to endure her for too long. :lol:
Last edited by Potato on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:There is nothing remotely pessimistic about "These people will mutually dissolve their romantic bond on completely good terms and still be good friends afterward." That is what an amicable split entails, for the record.
And now for something completely different: Hanako ends up with one of the other male characters, has a long and happy and powerfully fulfilling high-level career, and eventually passes on sometime in her 90s. How's that? :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:Wasn't there something about white-knighting in Hanako's route?
No, but there was something about failing to give Hanako enough credit as a person…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:
No, but there was something about failing to give Hanako enough credit as a person…
Same thing.

@brythain: >passes in her 90s

Betty White's kind of awesome. Would Hanako be as awesome? Because that would be awesome.

I want to see Hanako and Takashi hook up. No idea why...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:
Atario wrote:
Same thing.
No. White knighting is helping someone who doesn't need help, unasked, expecting to be rewarded for it.

Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:No. White knighting is helping someone who doesn't need help, unasked, expecting to be rewarded for it.
Cool story. Incorrect story because there is nothing about white-knighting that requires expectation of a reward (that would be a Mens' Rights Activist), but a cool one. :P A white knight rushes to the unrequested aid of a person in distress because they see that other as vulnerable and in need of protection (as Hisao sees Hanako), ergo weak, ergo the very act discredits them as a person. Ergo, same thing.

Anyway, if we're being realistic here, Hisao's fate is to succeed with but also blow it with all these chicks and hook up with all the staff, Kenji, OCs, and side characters in a never-ending tumble through infinite alternate realities.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:Cool story. Incorrect story because there is nothing about white-knighting that requires expectation of a reward
Yes, there is. It's part of the definition of the phenomenon. I refer you to these esteemed fonts of knowledge:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/white-knight :
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/white-knight wrote:“White Knight” (also known as “Internet White Knight”) is a pejorative term used to describe men who defend women on the Internet with the assumption that they are looking for a romantic reward in return.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... eKnighting :
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhiteKnighting wrote:people who "rescue" other forum-goers because they expect to be rewarded with romance
https://encyclopediadramatica.es/White_Knighting :
https://encyclopediadramatica.es/White_Knighting wrote:White Knighting refers to the fucktarded online defense of attention whores, DevianTART "Artists", or douchebags, all under the pretense of supposed compassion for some sort of benefit.
And of course there's this comic that invariably turns up in connection with the concept:

Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:And of course there's this comic that invariably turns up in connection with the concept:
Sounds like an MRA. The closest to which is Kenji, insofar as they usually share his unique brand of paranoid contempt toward the other gender. :lol: Thankfully, Kenji is a far less ridiculous version, otherwise he wouldn't be funny...
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:pessimistic.
http://ofmusingsandwonderings.files.wor ... -word1.jpg

There is nothing remotely pessimistic about "These people will mutually dissolve their romantic bond on completely good terms and still be good friends afterward." That is what an amicable split entails, for the record.

The only one who said a relationship between Hisao and Hanako is doomed to fail because of her psychological problems is you. You said that, just now. Only you said that. Nobody else. You clearly have serious issues with Hanako and need to stop projecting them. And that crummy aesop? That was entirely you too. You spawned that aesop in your own head and put it out into the world here.

See, here's what I said: "Hanako would probably end up in an eventual split too, unless they worked a lot to avoid it."
This is a fact. Hanako is a very damaged person with many psychological obstacles and blocks. Without putting in the work - and yes, it will be a lot - to get past that, any relationship she has will inevitably fail. This isn't her being doomed, it's her having real serious problems that will require real serious effort to overcome. This is not pessimism. This is reality.

Now, somehow, you have taken this simple observation that her relationships will require a great deal of extra effort relative to others and twisted it into (pardon the paraphrase) "Hanako is a complete wreck who will never under any circumstances have a remotely functional relationship no matter what!" and gone on this weird defending-your-waifu kick where you misuse the word "pessimist" and its variations a lot.

Wasn't there something about white-knighting in Hanako's route? :P

And Shizune's much too contest-oriented for a really solid relationship. She's gotta dial that stuff down for any reasonable person to endure her for too long. :lol:

Down, down, Potato. :lol:
I misjudged your opinion (I tend to imagine negative things, vicious hidden meaning in the thoughts of everyone who leave any ambiguity in their words, my "kenji-side" i guess) but I admit that I take it too much to heart. (Maybe I identify too much with her and therefore I have trouble to imagine that she could have a happy life or be really loved, and I consider all "critical" to her as a criticism of me or an questioning of her capacity to have a future, and therefore my own ability to have a future ? who knows ? but I don't think it's the "white-knight thing)
Last edited by Silentcook on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You keep making huge quotes. I don't think it will work as you intend it to... I mean, don't quote images that were just posted, people. 9_9
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair