In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Post Reply
User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3427
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by brythain » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm

I haven't found a thread specifically for this, so my question (not one easy to answer by poll, so there isn't one) is:

In what order did you complete the routes?

Alternatively, in what order did you complete a route for each girl? Reasons and analysis can follow; this is more for reflection or just reporting if you like.

For me, it was (Manly Picnic)—Shizune—Lilly—Emi—Hanako—Rin—(Misha). :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by Steinherz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:48 pm

For me?

Emi -> Rin -> Manly Picnic -> Shizune -> Hanako -> Lilly
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
Oscar Wildecat
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:28 pm
Location: A short drive west of Kingdom Come.

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by Oscar Wildecat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Let see:
I completed Emi's route first, based upon choosing the options in Act 1 the way I would if I were Hisao. Then with the help of an Act 1 walkthrough to get to the other routes, I went: Hanako->Lilly->Rin->Shizune->(Manly Picnic).
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.

User avatar
Zykes
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:02 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by Zykes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:15 pm

I started my first time through with a fully blind play through and ended up on with Hanako

It ends up like this

Hanako>Emi>Shizune>Lilly>Rin(I had to look up how to get to her at this point)> Manly Picnic.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Image
Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic

User avatar
ZeronosVega
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by ZeronosVega » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:25 pm

First, I just want to say that I haven't completed the Emi or Rin routes. I lost my progress in the Emi route when I had to factory reset my computer some time ago. Combined with school requiring my full attention, my mind drifted away from Katawa Shoujo for a while until I recently rediscovered my love for the game. However, my route order remains the same.

(Manly Picnic) -> Shizune -> (Misha) -> Lilly -> Hanako -> Emi -> Rin

The reason for the order is pretty simple. The first attempt was answering as I would. I was disappointed with the result, but I realized I was being too indecisive. Deciding to be more assertive in my answers, I got Shizune. Misha's route was pretty easy to pick up using a previous save state, so it came after Shizune's route. As you can see, my route order is pretty obvious in that I follow the character groupings. Lilly came next since her exposure in Shizune's route made me curious about her. Hanako would follow suit and now I'm working on Emi's route in my spare time.

User avatar
FelOnyx
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by FelOnyx » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Shizune -> Manly Picnic -> Lily -> Hanako -> Emi -> Rin

Shizune because she was the first girl I met, so it seemed as good a place to start as any, then I went for Lily because I wanted to see their rivalry from the other side, but messed up and got the Manly Picnic. Lily's route naturally leads to you being curious about Hanako, so hers was next. After that I did Emi's, and then finally Rin, who I nearly got second, but instead got the Manly Picnic because I didn't want to join any art club lead by a suspicious-looking clown.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.

User avatar
KeiichiO
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Lost in the wonky province of my mind.

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by KeiichiO » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm

When I first played the game, I found myself following Emi's path. I was pretty in love with her for awhile, but then I did Hanako's route and found a new crispy love. Then, I did Lilly's and Shizune's respectively, which were both neat n' junk , and last but absolutely not least, I concluded my journey through Cripple Land with Rin's route. It was then that my whole outlook on life had changed, and the black void in the sorta center but kinda to the left side of my chest was filled by the armless painter chick.

User avatar
dewelar
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: The Fifth Thing

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by dewelar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:44 pm

1. Emi - Good End
2. Rin - Good End
3. Shizune - Good End
4. Hanako - Good End
5. Lilly - Good End
6. Manly Picnic
7. Lilly - Neutral End
8. Emi - Bad End
9. Hanako - Neutral End
10. Shizune - Bad End
11. Rin - Bad End (after the fight)
12. Hanako - Bad End
13. Rin - Bad End (parting in the rain)

For why I did the good ends in the order I did them, see this post. I started writing Developments after reading Lilly's neutral end, which gave me less time for playthroughs. I finished the rest sporadically over the past several months. In fact, I only read the last one a couple months ago, prior to writing the Rin PoV chapter. I'd been spoilered to death by then, of course, but it still hit me pretty hard.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

El Zilcho
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by El Zilcho » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 pm

I just used a flow-chart, as I'm not patient enough to try figuring out the 'right' choices for each route, and went through the routes in this order:

- Shizune, bad end
- Shizune, good end
- Emi, bad end
- Emi, good end
- Rin, bad end
- Rin, neutral end
- Rin, good end
- Manly picnic
- Hanako, bad end
- Hanako, good end
- Lilly, bad end
- Lilly, good end

User avatar
TK8305
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by TK8305 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:25 am

When me and my friend Neo ran through the game, we did it in this order.

Emi -> Hanako -> Lilly -> Rin -> Shizune

Kinda wish we did Lilly last because her path was so much damn fun!
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:31 am

I went
Emi > Good End
Lilly > Good End And by playing, neutral
Hanako > Good End
Rin > Good End
Shizune > Good End
Emi > Bad End
Rin > Bad End
Shizune > Bad End
Manly picnic
Hanako > Bad End (funny shiet)

Still got to do Rin's neutral. Emi ended up being my first as I rolled in blind, and, to avoid being a dick to Nurse, pretty much ended up on her route. I figured I'd do Lilly's and Hanako's consecutively, and then while trying to get to Shizune's I ended up on Rin's... somehow. That left Shizune.

I had real trouble finding the manly picnic, and I had to ask here how to get to it. Then I managed it twice in one day -_-
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
Zarys
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by Zarys » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:53 am

Emi -> Hanako -> Lilly -> Manley Picnic (intentionally) -> Shizune

I think I got the Good ending every time, except for the Hanako Route where I got the neutral end first becauseI did not dare go into town (I did not realize that it was a question, so I have not seen the shade with the fact that in the other choice she is not allowed to choose herself,
I did not realize she would take well that Hisao has wanted to spend time with her without fear she will be too scared) but have trusted Lilly. next the bad ending and finaly the good ending.
And Shizune bad end because I thought the bad end take less time
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair

User avatar
d2r
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 am

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by d2r » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:57 am

1. Hanako (good)

2. Kenji

3. Lilly (good)

4. Emi (good)

5. Shizune (good)

6. Rin (good)

7. Rin (bad)

8. Rin (neutral)

9. Shizune (bad)

10. Emi (bad)

11. Lilly (neutral)

12. Hanako (neutral)

13. Hanako (bad)

As you can see, I did the bad endings for each girl in reverse order of initial completion to form a pleasing "arc" effect. I used Feuver's flowchart the entire time because fuck you, and I was more interested in seeing the various stories than guessing at which option did what.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5759
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by Mirage_GSM » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:31 am

Well, I'm certain the first route I did was Emi... and I saved Rin for last, because I assumed it would be the most difficult...

To be honest I don't remember the order exactly, but according to the dates of my review threads, it was
1. Emi (Dec 4th, 2011)
2. Shizune (Dec 7th, 2011)
3. Hanako (Dec 10th, 2011)
4. Lilly (Dec 12th, 2011)
5. Rin (Dec 20th, 2011)

Seems my assumption was correct since apparently it took me more than twice as long to finish her path than the others...

Oh and I'm not sure if I managed in every case, but I generally tried to get the bad ending first, so I could end the path on a happy note ;-)
I only remember that I apparently didn't get Lilly's bad end until much later when I noticed that I was missing the 100% graphic.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: In What Order Did You Complete The Routes?

Post by CoffeeDrive » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:18 am

Emi > Lilly > Shizune > Rin > Hanako

Got good endings each time with no assistance, managed to get into the routes pretty easily aswell.

Purposefully played the bad endings afterwards after coming on here and figuring out which choices were the flags for each end.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

Post Reply